• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct me if I a wrong but I think phase 2 would be 3 weeks after 28/5 which is 18/6. You would then need a fortnight to set up everything ( training etc )so you wouldn't be racing until 2/7. You'd need 6 weeks to the national and that is too late so ,in my opinion, the Ob National racing is off. Best you can hope for is 4 races in July out to 200 miles. omo.

Edited by Delboy

great news so whats the plan now are we racing old birds or just youngbirds as no point in training old birds that are not going to get racing and what is the plan with the SNFC are we channel racing or not or are we putting national racing back a month and taking it from there all things we need to know now so we know how to proceed in our own lofts

Canny happen Walter, you cant fly obs at the distance past the 3rd or 4th week in July unless you apply a darkness system on them.

Canny happen Walter, you cant fly obs at the distance past the 3rd or 4th week in July unless you apply a darkness system on them.

Was Roye not on the 19th of July last year. For me if possible we need to race our old birds even if it's just at club/fed level jo.

Correct me if I a wrong but I think phase 2 would be 3 weeks after 28/5 which is 18/6. You would then need a fortnight to set up everything ( training etc )so you wouldn't be racing until 2/7. You'd need 6 weeks to the national and that is too late so ,in my opinion, the Ob National racing is off. Best you can hope for is 4 races in July out to 200 miles. omo.

i agree dell but what would be the point of 4 200 mile races time SNFC and SNRPC was letting the members know there thoughts as we are all in limbo untill they give us something to work with

With training starting 28th May and phase 2 starting hopefully 18th June we could be ready to race 20th June without any problems IMO.

Was Roye not on the 19th of July last year. For me if possible we need to race our old birds even if it's just at club/fed level jo.

Aye, that's my point, the 3rd or 4th week in July is our limit.

i agree dell but what would be the point of 4 200 mile races time SNFC and SNRPC was letting the members know there thoughts as we are all in limbo untill they give us something to work with

Not 4 x 200 mile races m8, 4 races up to 200 miles.

With training starting 28th May and phase 2 starting hopefully 18th June we could be ready to race 20th June without any problems IMO.

Sounds good to me. Do you need 2/3 weeks to train birds? I don't think so

COVID - 19: Training: UPDATED 22 May 2020

TRAINING AND RACING PIGEONS IN SCOTLAND

This statement is based on the principles set our by the First Minister's announcement on Thursday 21 May 2020 and Friday 22 May 2020 outlining a policy for implementing Phase 1 of the easing of the lockdown policy by the Scottish Government

Individual loft training

Individual loft training will be permitted from 28 May 2020. This is based on the advice from the Scottish Government

Group Training

In Phase 1 of the Government strategy, this allows individuals to meet up with one member from a different household, while adhering to the social distancing requirements of 2 meters. Therefore group training of 2 lofts is permitted. However training in larger groups (more than two) is NOT permitted.

Addidtional Information

In no circumstances should fanciers from different lofts travel in the same vehicle.

You should also be aware that NO RACING is allowed in Phase 1 relaxing of the lockdown and I do not expect any notification to be received before the next stage of easing of restrictions takes place.

Gordon Turnbull, B.E.M.

President Scottish Homing Union

Yours sincerely

Mrs Linda Brooks

Scottish Homing Union Secretary

First I’ve seen this Andy, this is the 24th of May and that statement was 22nd of May. Did it get posted 2nd class lol

MIne are flying 1hr twice a day round the house and have been for weeks now more than fit enough to go straight into early races however we have three weeks to basket train if needed , the same three weeks to get clubhouses and other things club related ready cant see the problem

MIne are flying 1hr twice a day round the house and have been for weeks now more than fit enough to go straight into early races however we have three weeks to basket train if needed , the same three weeks to get clubhouses and other things club related ready cant see the problem

Our club room is ready to go, or outside,mine fly about 20mins twice a day. Ready to go I think

I was assuming we weren't allowed to train until the second phase on or after the 18/6. I was giving a fortnight for the natural boys but you only need one or two days to train if applied properly.

I was assuming we weren't allowed to train until the second phase on or after the 18/6. I was giving a fortnight for the natural boys but you only need one or two days to train if applied properly.

We can train from Thusrday this coming week

That's how I read it,3weeks to get ready so hopefully start a bit further down the road and maybe 5 or 6 old bird races,would be a good result given our situation

Yip Derek....let's get gan

This gives us some insight to the phased return. The full details of the relaxing of restrictions is a very lengthy document but doesn’t give a definite timeline for each phase but going from phase 1 to 2 is based on a 3 week decline in the numbers of new infections, hospital admissions and deaths among other things.

So it’s feasible we can race on the 3rd Saturday in June if the numbers keep falling.

post-10492-15903262369395_thumb.png

Email arrived today. :)

You would think they would email all the fanceirs that they have email adress,s for or atleast the fed secs. We still haven't received any updates just what you see on here. Poor communication it is.

Maybe I'll get one as a Member and as a Fed Sec as well, but as long as I've got the one, I don't mind what its for. Gordon is doing this on his own, so it may take some time, but whomever gets the message should be passing it on to ease the burden. :)

have you recieved a email from the rpra today regarding training in scotland as i never got mine andy????

Nothing from RPRA as yet. I expect Julia won't be working on a Sunday, so it'll probably come in tomorrow. :)