african grey parrot

bewted

one hand reared african grey parrot with very large cage,but,unfortunately plucked himself,his vocaABULARY IS SOMEWHAT RUDE SOMETIMES,BUT,DOES A LOT OF OTHER IMITATIONS TOO,,,,,and driving me nuts with it too,anyone iinterested give me you phone number in a pm and i will ring you any evening !!! you can see the size of cage for parrot compared to my i think 32 inch or 36 inch tv as dont know the tv size just now !!!

parrots must have min off 12 hours dark if not thay pluck them selfs when in a cage if you cover them for 12 hours thay more tame dont pluck and it gives you rest as well i use to breed macaws blue n gold s hand rear them as well hard job i can say put ropes up in cage and toys nuts in shells greens but to menny chains balls rings thing to keep it happy it will then stop pluckking im sure

parrots must have min off 12 hours dark if not thay pluck them selfs when in a cage if you cover them for 12 hours thay more tame dont pluck and it gives you rest as well i use to breed macaws blue n gold s hand rear them as well hard job i can say put ropes up in cage and toys nuts in shells greens but to menny chains balls rings thing to keep it happy it will then stop pluckking im sure

dont agree  with that what  so ever    12 hours of darkness   i breed   parrots none of mine  get 12  hours of   darkness  and none of them  have plucked them selves   plucking can be a range of things   from boredem  to mites  to  a  diesease   so sadly disagree  with you on that  

i had 1 kept plucking its self was told to get another parrot to keep it company it worked but the african grey was too qute for the young orange wing and would shout its name and when it came near it would attic it so had to get rid of the young one and she started plucking its self again so bordom is what i would go for

my neighbours will pull its tail if his wife has to go into hospital for more than a week as its bonded with her but did start plucking when he was young and was told to give it more calcium, they started that and its never plucked since but he certainly doesn't get 12 hours of darkness.

one hand reared african grey parrot with very large cage,but,unfortunately plucked himself,his vocaABULARY IS SOMEWHAT RUDE SOMETIMES,BUT,DOES A LOT OF OTHER IMITATIONS TOO,,,,,and driving me nuts with it too,anyone iinterested give me you phone number in a pm and i will ring you any evening !!! you can see the size of cage for parrot compared to my i think 32 inch or 36 inch tv as dont know the tv size just now !!!

i lost" max" my african grey, just a short time ago, after having him for about 30 years, [hewas reckoned to be roughly 60 years old [nearly as old as you ted ;D]" max " plucked his feathers out each winter, but in summer was given free flight outside, after making various enquiries about this , was told it was "vice" learned when young ,probably caused by boredom ,, however this never seemed to bother him ,, and like yours came out with a fewchoice  "words ;D" sometimes to my great embarrassment  ;D  i miss the old so an so ,he was such a character :)

dont agree  with that what  so ever    12 hours of darkness   i breed   parrots none of mine  get 12  hours of   darkness  and none of them  have plucked them selves   plucking can be a range of things   from boredem  to mites  to  a  diesease   so sadly disagree  with you on that  

I went to Amazon world on the Isle of Wight saw the parrots, a lad gave a talk on them he said once they start plucking, sometimes even if you cure the problem,ie boredom or mites, it can become a habit just like biting your finger nails.

Guest joshdonlan

Just seen on TV , with Macaws, they can overpreen theirselves if they are on their own so them a feather duster to preen and pluck instead, maybe worth a try  ;D

sorry i disagree with you fella if have parootts in a house 12 hours dark thay must have other wise thay screem all day so say 10 in mornning till 10 at nite then cover them him her up carms them down for nite as i say give them loads off time plenty off toys handel them show them afecsion dont just leave it in cage all day as thay gett bored qwick then pluck yes it can be mites and othere things but mainly bored dum  

i  know of plenty of parrots that  are kept indoors  and  arnt covered  up  at all or  are cover  but  only  for  6  hours or  so   and  theses  birds are  still  tame and  dont scream  so  got to disagree with you again   and about  plucking    yeah mainly bored  but  if youbuy  a parrot  i would  expect  you to at least know some basic  info about  them  and what they  need  eg toys   time out of cage   and human  interaction

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders