Autumn Winter

Froog

I feed the best mix I can get my hands on all year round but I pick a week and give them nowt for 4 days then depurative for 3 day clean water nowt added then they are ready for the season ahead not everyone’s cup o tea but the old ways are the best to much soft approach and to much crap in the water nowadays

I feed the best mix I can get my hands on all year round but I pick a week and give them nowt for 4 days then depurative for 3 day clean water nowt added then they are ready for the season ahead not everyone’s cup o tea but the old ways are the best to much soft approach and to much crap in the water nowadays

I have never heard any of the older fanceirs speak about not feeding their birds for 4 days as for it being a soft approach in my eyes its nothing short of cruelity and for what its worth my birds have food in front of them 24-7 365 days a year and it does them no harm at all. For whats its worth mine on Bamfords super moulting.

• 2 weeks later...

I feed V L moulting but add 20 per cent barley 20 per cent beans I feed them 32 grams once a day I find there is a little corn left at 4pm and gone by 6pm so it's the right amount if it turned cold I would increase it to 35 grams

I add garlic oil and dry it with a mix of yeast and poultry spice twice a week

Avidress ( they have this all year) and naturaline in the water

After the moult 2 parts barley 1 beans 1 part all the stuff I have left in the bins from the racing season

Same basic as all the year round Tic beans and groats and a little canary seed once a week as always through out the year.(Linseed after a race). But I will add a little maize or hemp when cold weather. Winter! Small wild seed once a week is cheaper than canary lol.

Edited by Roland