Is Our Sport Run And 'full Of Dinosaurs'

Roland

Well Walter, it's is Like the match stick. Singlely they are easy to break. A few together ADDS STRENGTH.

Single voices are easily ignored. A trio of 'Ear Ticklers' make sweet sounds of nonsense, and drown out the single voice, and the single if forgotten and took no notice of. (Like most committees do). But if a few together answered the voices of the 'Ear Ticklers', agree with the single voice, put forward a realism of sense, of what they feel is needed, then the 'Ear Ticklers' become quiet and huddle into 'Corridor Politics' at best. Then a movement of choice, debate and a way forward, or agreed, then a decision, whether voting or such, is taken up and solved to the Majority.

You have always got a lot to say Roland why do you not step up and do something fresh thinking is always welcome.

Are you putting your name up Walter for a debate? Or happy to go with the flow?

Very True Walter... sadly. Too many make bullets for others to fire eh!

But I, truthfully, and personally never missed a meeting, not club, Fed or RPRA. Came a time later in life when I wasn't able to always. … Often our Fed delegates found it a bit embarrassing as I would spout out … But I still went, if only to make sure that they voted the way the club members had voted.

Seen, and heard of many a delgate on the night vote the way others wanted them too.

Edited by Roland

Very True Walter... sadly. Too many make bullets for others to fire eh!

But I, truthfully, and personally never missed a meeting, not club, Fed or RPRA. Came a time later in life when I wasn't able to always. … Often our Fed delegates found it a bit embarrassing as I would spout out … But I still went, if only to make sure that they voted the way the club members had voted.

Seen, and heard of many a delgate on the night vote the way others wanted them too.

Roland 80% of the pigeon fraternity are dinosaurs (over 60) and when they go

I doubt if there will still be a pigeon sport ??.

Roland 80% of the pigeon fraternity are dinosaurs (over 60) and when they go

I doubt if there will still be a pigeon sport ??.

Yep true... But dinosaurs are extinct. Like the 'Powers to be and their follows' will ensure. Then the adage take control of 'It will regardless...'

No ones is asking for the 'Goal Posts' to be moved, to take an advantage. All those that have 'A march' will still have same. But for the sake of our beloved friend I feel we NEED to do them justice and take on board a sensible and caring attitude. For the betterment of not only the pigeons them selves, but the members. The grass roots may have a little leg up sometimes... but that surely is no more than they deserve after bolstering the coffers for so long.

Yes Roland you are probably correct in saying that the pigeon fancy is run by old men,dinosaurs if you like and I am one of them soon to be extinct but I am not so pessimistic as you.I am not going to name anyone but I can think of several young guys currently making themselves heard in the Scottish pigeon scene who are anxious for change and full of New and different ideas,maybe I am delusional but I think change is in the air.

Yes Roland you are probably correct in saying that the pigeon fancy is run by old men,dinosaurs if you like and I am one of them soon to be extinct but I am not so pessimistic as you.I am not going to name anyone but I can think of several young guys currently making themselves heard in the Scottish pigeon scene who are anxious for change and full of New and different ideas,maybe I am delusional but I think change is in the air.

Yes Walter me two, :drinking-coffee-200:

As a matter of interest ,prior to AGM clubs meet up to decide on proposals if on the event a individuals idea was not accepted by his club can he still lodge his proposal as a member to the Fed by letter to be brought up and voted on at Agm And is it not the case only proposals given to the FED 14 days prior to meeting can be taken in to consideration at a AGM ,I am asking these questions purely to educate my self on procedures (seeing i dont attend them )not for any hidden agenda .

As a matter of interest ,prior to AGM clubs meet up to decide on proposals if on the event a individuals idea was not accepted by his club can he still lodge his proposal as a member to the Fed by letter to be brought up and voted on at Agm And is it not the case only proposals given to the FED 14 days prior to meeting can be taken in to consideration at a AGM ,I am asking these questions purely to educate my self on procedures (seeing i dont attend them )not for any hidden agenda .

If the club makes a decision all members should abide by that decision. If you feel strongly enough about a matter, you have to state at the meeting and ask the secretary to record a minority report stating your view. You are then at liberty to vote freely on the matter.

With regards to lodging a proposal, they must be lodged with the Fed Sec 28 days prior to the meeting as per SHU rule 8.

Hope this helps. :)

If the club makes a decision all members should abide by that decision. If you feel strongly enough about a matter, you have to state at the meeting and ask the secretary to record a minority report stating your view. You are then at liberty to vote freely on the matter.

With regards to lodging a proposal, they must be lodged with the Fed Sec 28 days prior to the meeting as per SHU rule 8.

Hope this helps. :)

So what i see by your answer is any new ideas could be stopped from going through to FED meeting at the club level ,so any new ideas would or could be put down before they get off the ground.

It is perfectly simple if you have something to put forward at a Federatiom AGM all you have to do is notify the fed secretary in the requisite time frame and then getup on your hind legs and speak on your motion and hopefully convince others.Of course you must make it clear you are speaking as an individual member and not backed by your club.Happens all the time.

So what i see by your answer is any new ideas could be stopped from going through to FED meeting at the club level ,so any new ideas would or could be put down before they get off the ground.

The operative word is "should". This is the expectations, but there is no preclusion to you registering your report. Also as Walter states, you are an individual member of your Federation, so there is no preclusion to you notifying the secretary and raising your matter at the Fed without even going to the club. You are also an individual member of the SHU and therefore no preclusion to you raising your matter in a similar way with the SHU secretary. You should, that word again, attend all your AGM's and exercise your right to voice your opinion and vote accordingly.

Lack of attendance is stifling new ideas and promoting the same old same old. :)

Phil any member can put a proposal to our AGM as long as you have a seconded. What tends to help is if the individual in question turns up to talk through the proposal.

You only need to look at the high street to see what happens when you don't change with the times. I appreciate all positions in the sport is practically a poisonous chalice.. There may be many who have great ideas but scared to get shot down in flames...

Committee's make decisions that they see fit and for the best bt always called into question....Praise for anyone that takes a position on a federation top table

If the proposal is properly presented in writing, then the proposer must be available to speak to the proposal. It is preferable that the seconder is also present, but there is no requirement for a seconder to speak to the proposal and therefore no real requirement for them to be present. Sometimes life happens and prevents the proposer being present whereby the seconder must be present and assume that responsibility, likewise is life matters preclude the seconder from being present then the proposer must be present. In both cases with a written proposal, it still stands since it was properly presented to the secretary. :)

If any member of a federation is unable to convince his fellow members of the brilliance of his "new ideas"his only recourse is to retreat to the sidelines and bleat about dinosaurs.

true Walter, but then again it IS up to the club members / then fed members to stand up if, or when they feel a change would be relevant and worth while.

So the chalice if Too many member feel it is a waste of time and let Them' get on with it to very on going detrimental to our sport.

Apathy is here, no two ways about that! Plus also very many things that want changing NOW by the vast majority of the sport. If and when some take a stance, then no doubt changes for the betterment will be changed.

Yeah right Roland where are the sheep when the call goes out for positions to be filled at an AGM mostly studying the floor beside their boots.Where are the sheep when someone is needed to travel up to a 200 mile round trip on a dreadful winters day to help the pigeon fancy where are the sheep then Roland maybe on the sidelines bleating.