Pigeonbasics Forum: Is Our Sport Run And 'full Of Dinosaurs' - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Our Sport Run And 'full Of Dinosaurs' Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   Roland 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 8,768
  • Joined: 8-July 06

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

Is our sport run and 'full of dinosaurs'
Same old song... but a different beat as the song says. New selfish having a strangle hold and defeating a way forward!
Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#2 User is offline   Kyleakin Lofts 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,765
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationLugton
  • Club:Barrhead and Valley Clubs

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

Change is always resisted and is therefore slow. Hopefully not too slow. :)
Andy

#3 User is offline   Walter swanston 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,174
  • Joined: 14-December 08
  • LocationMoffat
  • Club:Lockerbie Racing Pigeon Club

Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

You have always got a lot to say Roland why do you not step up and do something fresh thinking is always welcome.
[face=Geneva][/face][face=Verdana][/face][face=Times][/face][face=Courier][/face]

#4 User is offline   Roland 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 8,768
  • Joined: 8-July 06

Posted 19 August 2018 - 16:20 PM

Well Walter, it's is Like the match stick. Singlely they are easy to break. A few together ADDS STRENGTH.
Single voices are easily ignored. A trio of 'Ear Ticklers' make sweet sounds of nonsense, and drown out the single voice, and the single if forgotten and took no notice of. (Like most committees do). But if a few together answered the voices of the 'Ear Ticklers', agree with the single voice, put forward a realism of sense, of what they feel is needed, then the 'Ear Ticklers' become quiet and huddle into 'Corridor Politics' at best. Then a movement of choice, debate and a way forward, or agreed, then a decision, whether voting or such, is taken up and solved to the Majority.

View PostWalter swanston, on 19 August 2018 - 13:47 PM, said:

You have always got a lot to say Roland why do you not step up and do something fresh thinking is always welcome.


Are you putting your name up Walter for a debate? Or happy to go with the flow?
Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#5 User is offline   Walter swanston 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,174
  • Joined: 14-December 08
  • LocationMoffat
  • Club:Lockerbie Racing Pigeon Club

Posted 19 August 2018 - 16:29 PM

Well I do not know if I would be comfortable debating anything with someone as certain of their ground as you but my point is that all the critics are curiously absent when posts for the administration of pigeon organisations require to be filled.
[face=Geneva][/face][face=Verdana][/face][face=Times][/face][face=Courier][/face]

#6 User is offline   Roland 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 8,768
  • Joined: 8-July 06

Posted 19 August 2018 - 16:36 PM

Very True Walter... sadly. Too many make bullets for others to fire eh!

But I, truthfully, and personally never missed a meeting, not club, Fed or RPRA. Came a time later in life when I wasn't able to always. … Often our Fed delegates found it a bit embarrassing as I would spout out … But I still went, if only to make sure that they voted the way the club members had voted.

Seen, and heard of many a delgate on the night vote the way others wanted them too.

This post has been edited by Roland: 19 August 2018 - 16:37 PM

Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#7 User is online   gulkie 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 7-October 09
  • Locationcambusnethan
  • Club:newmains

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostRoland, on 19 August 2018 - 05:36 AM, said:

Very True Walter... sadly. Too many make bullets for others to fire eh!

But I, truthfully, and personally never missed a meeting, not club, Fed or RPRA. Came a time later in life when I wasn't able to always. … Often our Fed delegates found it a bit embarrassing as I would spout out … But I still went, if only to make sure that they voted the way the club members had voted.

Seen, and heard of many a delgate on the night vote the way others wanted them too.
Roland 80% of the pigeon fraternity are dinosaurs (over 60) and when they go
I doubt if there will still be a pigeon sport ??.

#8 User is offline   Roland 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 8,768
  • Joined: 8-July 06

Posted 20 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

View Postgulkie, on 20 August 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Roland 80% of the pigeon fraternity are dinosaurs (over 60) and when they go
I doubt if there will still be a pigeon sport ??.


Yep true... But dinosaurs are extinct. Like the 'Powers to be and their follows' will ensure. Then the adage take control of 'It will regardless...'

No ones is asking for the 'Goal Posts' to be moved, to take an advantage. All those that have 'A march' will still have same. But for the sake of our beloved friend I feel we NEED to do them justice and take on board a sensible and caring attitude. For the betterment of not only the pigeons them selves, but the members. The grass roots may have a little leg up sometimes... but that surely is no more than they deserve after bolstering the coffers for so long.
Pigeons Interests ... before Fanciers ego's!

#9 User is offline   Walter swanston 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,174
  • Joined: 14-December 08
  • LocationMoffat
  • Club:Lockerbie Racing Pigeon Club

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:56 AM

Yes Roland you are probably correct in saying that the pigeon fancy is run by old men,dinosaurs if you like and I am one of them soon to be extinct but I am not so pessimistic as you.I am not going to name anyone but I can think of several young guys currently making themselves heard in the Scottish pigeon scene who are anxious for change and full of New and different ideas,maybe I am delusional but I think change is in the air.
[face=Geneva][/face][face=Verdana][/face][face=Times][/face][face=Courier][/face]

#10 User is online   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 37,645
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

View PostWalter swanston, on 21 August 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

Yes Roland you are probably correct in saying that the pigeon fancy is run by old men,dinosaurs if you like and I am one of them soon to be extinct but I am not so pessimistic as you.I am not going to name anyone but I can think of several young guys currently making themselves heard in the Scottish pigeon scene who are anxious for change and full of New and different ideas,maybe I am delusional but I think change is in the air.

Yes Walter me two, :drinking-coffee-200:
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

forum@pigeonbasics.com




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#11 User is online   philg50 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,575
  • Joined: 29-March 13
  • LocationTurriff,Aberdeenshire
  • Club:deveron valley banff

Posted 21 August 2018 - 13:02 PM

As a matter of interest ,prior to AGM clubs meet up to decide on proposals if on the event a individuals idea was not accepted by his club can he still lodge his proposal as a member to the Fed by letter to be brought up and voted on at Agm And is it not the case only proposals given to the FED 14 days prior to meeting can be taken in to consideration at a AGM ,I am asking these questions purely to educate my self on procedures (seeing i dont attend them )not for any hidden agenda .

#12 User is offline   Kyleakin Lofts 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,765
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationLugton
  • Club:Barrhead and Valley Clubs

Posted 21 August 2018 - 13:12 PM

View Postphilg50, on 21 August 2018 - 14:02 PM, said:

As a matter of interest ,prior to AGM clubs meet up to decide on proposals if on the event a individuals idea was not accepted by his club can he still lodge his proposal as a member to the Fed by letter to be brought up and voted on at Agm And is it not the case only proposals given to the FED 14 days prior to meeting can be taken in to consideration at a AGM ,I am asking these questions purely to educate my self on procedures (seeing i dont attend them )not for any hidden agenda .


If the club makes a decision all members should abide by that decision. If you feel strongly enough about a matter, you have to state at the meeting and ask the secretary to record a minority report stating your view. You are then at liberty to vote freely on the matter.
With regards to lodging a proposal, they must be lodged with the Fed Sec 28 days prior to the meeting as per SHU rule 8.

Hope this helps. :)
Andy

#13 User is online   philg50 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,575
  • Joined: 29-March 13
  • LocationTurriff,Aberdeenshire
  • Club:deveron valley banff

Posted 21 August 2018 - 13:27 PM

View PostKyleakin Lofts, on 21 August 2018 - 13:12 PM, said:

If the club makes a decision all members should abide by that decision. If you feel strongly enough about a matter, you have to state at the meeting and ask the secretary to record a minority report stating your view. You are then at liberty to vote freely on the matter.
With regards to lodging a proposal, they must be lodged with the Fed Sec 28 days prior to the meeting as per SHU rule 8.

Hope this helps. :)

So what i see by your answer is any new ideas could be stopped from going through to FED meeting at the club level ,so any new ideas would or could be put down before they get off the ground.

#14 User is offline   Walter swanston 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,174
  • Joined: 14-December 08
  • LocationMoffat
  • Club:Lockerbie Racing Pigeon Club

Posted 21 August 2018 - 14:17 PM

It is perfectly simple if you have something to put forward at a Federatiom AGM all you have to do is notify the fed secretary in the requisite time frame and then getup on your hind legs and speak on your motion and hopefully convince others.Of course you must make it clear you are speaking as an individual member and not backed by your club.Happens all the time.
[face=Geneva][/face][face=Verdana][/face][face=Times][/face][face=Courier][/face]

#15 User is offline   Kyleakin Lofts 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,765
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationLugton
  • Club:Barrhead and Valley Clubs

Posted 21 August 2018 - 20:35 PM

View Postphilg50, on 21 August 2018 - 14:27 PM, said:

So what i see by your answer is any new ideas could be stopped from going through to FED meeting at the club level ,so any new ideas would or could be put down before they get off the ground.


The operative word is "should". This is the expectations, but there is no preclusion to you registering your report. Also as Walter states, you are an individual member of your Federation, so there is no preclusion to you notifying the secretary and raising your matter at the Fed without even going to the club. You are also an individual member of the SHU and therefore no preclusion to you raising your matter in a similar way with the SHU secretary. You should, that word again, attend all your AGM's and exercise your right to voice your opinion and vote accordingly.
Lack of attendance is stifling new ideas and promoting the same old same old. :)
Andy

#16 User is offline   Blue Chequer Pied 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,446
  • Joined: 6-March 08

Posted 21 August 2018 - 20:44 PM

View Postphilg50, on 21 August 2018 - 14:27 PM, said:

So what i see by your answer is any new ideas could be stopped from going through to FED meeting at the club level ,so any new ideas would or could be put down before they get off the ground.


Phil any member can put a proposal to our AGM as long as you have a seconded. What tends to help is if the individual in question turns up to talk through the proposal.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

#17 User is online   geordie1234 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 11,923
  • Joined: 28-May 10
  • Club:Greenfield & SNFC

Posted 21 August 2018 - 20:49 PM

You only need to look at the high street to see what happens when you don't change with the times. I appreciate all positions in the sport is practically a poisonous chalice.. There may be many who have great ideas but scared to get shot down in flames...

Committee's make decisions that they see fit and for the best bt always called into question....Praise for anyone that takes a position on a federation top table

#18 User is online   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 37,645
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 21 August 2018 - 22:05 PM

View PostBlue Chequer Pied, on 21 August 2018 - 21:44 PM, said:

Phil any member can put a proposal to our AGM as long as you have a seconded. What tends to help is if the individual in question turns up to talk through the proposal.


Both proposer and seconder must t urn up,
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

forum@pigeonbasics.com




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#19 User is offline   Kyleakin Lofts 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 14,765
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationLugton
  • Club:Barrhead and Valley Clubs

Posted 21 August 2018 - 22:21 PM

If the proposal is properly presented in writing, then the proposer must be available to speak to the proposal. It is preferable that the seconder is also present, but there is no requirement for a seconder to speak to the proposal and therefore no real requirement for them to be present. Sometimes life happens and prevents the proposer being present whereby the seconder must be present and assume that responsibility, likewise is life matters preclude the seconder from being present then the proposer must be present. In both cases with a written proposal, it still stands since it was properly presented to the secretary. :)
Andy

#20 User is offline   Walter swanston 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,174
  • Joined: 14-December 08
  • LocationMoffat
  • Club:Lockerbie Racing Pigeon Club

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:35 AM

If any member of a federation is unable to convince his fellow members of the brilliance of his "new ideas"his only recourse is to retreat to the sidelines and bleat about dinosaurs.
[face=Geneva][/face][face=Verdana][/face][face=Times][/face][face=Courier][/face]

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders