He Hit A Policeman

Roland

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/16/danny-cipriani-facing-court-assaulting-police-nightclub-fight-bouncer-7845672/

Well after that crickets' beating up lesser mortals and walking away scot free, I think this Danny will get a £25 - £50 fined and told to behave for hitting a policeman. SORRY HE HIT A POLICE WOMAN! Some man that.

England rugby international Danny Cipriani has been fined £2,000 for an assault in a Jersey nightclub.

The Gloucester star pleaded guilty to common assault and resisting arrest and was ordered to pay £250 compensation to a woman police officer.

Two other charges - larceny and being disorderly on licensed premises - were dropped.

The fly-half has seven days to pay the fine and compensation or face 10 weeks in prison.

I personally agree 100% with former England captain Michael Vaughan who says all-rounder Ben Stokes "does not deserve" a warm reception from England fans in the third Test against India on Saturday.

Stokes was involved in a fracas in Bristol last September but was found not guilty of affray on Tuesday.

The 27-year-old is set to return to the side at Trent Bridge having missed the second Test while on trial.

"He has brought the game into disrepute," Vaughan told BBC Sport.

"Knowing the England cricket fans as I do, they will give him a reception. I don't think he deserves that," the 43-year-old added.

I will add 'Made a mockery of justice once again.

Edited by Roland

Apparently he grabbed the officer at some point. Keep in mind he had 3 bodies wrestling him and trying to overpower him at the time. Not defending him, I can't stand the guy - but if three people come at you and you are wriggling to get away or in pain then a hand/arm/head can easily end up in the wrong place or person.

He should be punished for being a drunken idiot for sure. But I really think the nightclub should be too, given they have said he was clearly already in a state when he arrived and had been drinking all day. If somebody turns up pissed at the entrance they shouldn't be let in, famous or not. Surely the nightclub have a duty of care to their staff and other customers. These drinking establishments need to be fined for this sort of thing. There will always be drunken idiots (especially when its a group of 10+ men all built like brick shithouses), letting them in when already tanked up in just a disaster waiting to happen.

Some truth there Bigpete. But he was pinching bottles of Vodka beside being unruly... He was wrestling trying to get away... Police have to use the force needed to apprehend surely, and he is a big fit lout... He was being 'Jack the Lad' and stuff the law and other members / customers.

He had a few charges dropped too.

Now I'd wager any one, that if I, or my son etc. got tanked and became unruly. Resisted an arrest etc. and THEN hit a police woman I wouldn't get a £25 fine... £2000 isn't a weeks wage to him - I would get charges dropped, nor fined. I would get time, like the vast majority of the common people.

Agreed not much of a role model, but then he isn't paid to be. But those with a conscience become role models. J.M.O.

Edited by Roland