Young Bird Losses

arty whyte

Hi all

Young bird losses are bad again this year has there been any studies regards low frecquency sound from wind turbines

If you look at a map of the UK you will be shocked by how many there are around and our bird have to navigate through them

During race days l am sure the boffins will say they are safe what's your thoughts cheers. Arty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Young bird losses are bad again this year has there been any studies regards low frecquency sound from wind turbines

If you look at a map of the UK you will be shocked by how many there are aroundand our bird have to navigate through them

During race days l am sure the boffins will say they are safe what's your thoughts cheers. Arty

where I train and live is surrounded by them and I can honestly say they don't bother my birds 1 bit.

We go through the same angst every year for the first 3 or 4 races then it settles down once the poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds fall by the way

Problem being that they affect the flock until they are gone.

Windmills would be just another of many theories for losses imo

Imo

There are dozens of theories and potential reasons for the losses, magntic fields, clashing of birds, weather conditions, poorly trained, unfit, and birds carrying ailments, and our old friends BOP the list goes on & on, for me some birds just dont have it in them, birds that are well trained and fit n healthy are better equiped to make it, but even then theres no guarintee, also the fancier has to accept part resposibility as he/she is the one training feeding and responsible for the birds welfare

John

We go through the same angst every year for the first 3 or 4 races then it settles down once the poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds fall by the way

Windmills would be just another of many theories for losses imo

I honestly can't believe these posts. Same old dribble of excuses every season. Most nonsensible.

Young birds ….it settles down once the poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds fall by the way Gosh. Young birds don't need training for starters. that's for the fancier only.

Agreed the fanciers have bred to the detrimental of the pigeon, both in constitution and homing ability. That's a fact!

But to assume, imply that OTHERS breed sick and stupid birds is certainly saying something. Yep quite a mouthful that!

many have success never training their birds EACH season. that's a fact … so why are we trying to blame fanciers that 'Poorly train' garbage.

Stupid Birds? Maybe they are not so stupid, and want away from a loft that is so far removed from their nature wants, desires and elements!

Training pigeons didn't start in earnest till mid 70's, and that by only about 60%.

'

talk about name and shame... who's name would be up there then who 'poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds'?

Oh I know, all those that only lose a few eh! Not the fanciers who lose week in and week out eh!

Edited by Roland

I honestly can't believe these posts. Same old dribble of excuses every season. Most nonsensible.

Young birds ….it settles down once the poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds fall by the way Gosh. Young birds don't need training for starters. that's for the fancier only.

Agreed the fanciers have bred to the detrimental of the pigeon, both in constitution and homing ability. That's a fact!

But to assume, imply that OTHERS breed sick and stupid birds is certainly saying something. Yep quite a mouthful that!

many have success never training their birds EACH season. that's a fact … so why are we trying to blame fanciers that 'Poorly train' garbage.

Stupid Birds? Maybe they are not so stupid, and want away from a loft that is so far removed from their nature wants, desires and elements!

Training pigeons didn't start in earnest till mid 70's, and that by only about 60%.

'

talk about name and shame... who's name would be up there then who 'poorly trained ,sick and stupid birds'?

Oh I know, all those that only lose a few eh! Not the fanciers who lose week in and week out eh!

Don't remember blaming anyone,I'm sure I have bred many stupid pigeons in my time ,and surely untrained pigeons come under the heading of poorly trained,hope i have never sent a sickly pigeon but I bet I have,given that I race control our fed and speak to our driver weekly ,he tells me how in the first few weeks he regularly has to Chase birds out the lorry it seems safe to assume they lack training or health of brains of all three

Biggest problem these days causing young bird losses is major health issues and the raptor problem...

Fanciers this year are losing young birds in great numbers every day of the week when they go training, nothing to do with wind turbines or atmospheric's or ABCD Factor or what ever crap its called...

' …………… then it settles down once the poorly trained, sick and stupid birds fall by the way

Well that's good, those that send sick, poorly trained youngsters aren't to blame then.

I have, like nigh all fancier, have still to meet, hear anyone admitting to that to be truthful … Mind hear it so very often I'm beginning to wonder just where and who they are.

Actually grdkeith I'm not picking you out personally, certainly not attacking, just stating that this silly nonsensible reasons are used.

Edited by Roland

so why do they breed them, are they breeding for quality or quantity,

God i canna answer that question but tae all the lads that never lose a doo and have full returns at end of race ask them ,because there is plenty of them gan about LOL ,aye and thats in all Feds.

On a serious note are we all so great a fancier that have the answers? That to blame imaginary fanciers for their stupidities, lack of knowledge is easy? That they are causes in the main for our losses? The detrimental downward spiralling of our so called sport?

Hands ups if you are one of the stupid ones etc. PLEASE!

Isn't it true that we go down the club and hear such each week? The umpteen arguments put forward and agreed with. Isn't it the case that nigh every one says the same! the same ole rig ma roll each week!

Isn't it the fact that our beloved birds, our friends, have had the crap knocked out of them! In homing ability, in constitution and immunity and much other!

Who dare speak up and say different? … Let's hear them say 'Ah I know it is for a fact it IS those stupid ones. the lazy ones, those that know no better and haven't got a clue! they breed culls and youngster to lose, to clutter up the town centres and foul up the pavements etc. If so why aren't you helping them? Most won't or don't because they are afraid that then they might beat them each week. Now that is a sensible and realistic fact.

Isn't it a fact that one gets comfortable with habits, good or bad, and nigh every one does like 'Change'.

Another fact is that most will make excuses, any thing or one to remain the same! A silent hope and a wing and prayer that it will get better! That 'He or She' is different, and Not one of them!

P.s. YOU ARE!

Doesn't, or can't one see, when the tide turned big time! Or is it the case of 'None so blind as those that will not see'!?

The truth of the matter, the fact is, excuses are to enable one to stay the same!

I tell my daughters when they have a problem 'What would you say to a friend if they asked you the same'?

Further take a sheet of paper and smother it in dots. Now those dots represent 'People / folks! Circle one dot and regard that as 'You'.

Now, to you. the other people are classed as 'Them'. But you to yourself believe you are different! Yes NOT one of the 'Them'! But isn't the truth that to all the others people you are one of them!

Of course those that blame anything and every thing to are those that usually want to stay the same. have no change!

So thing back as to when and why 'It is a fact that our beloved birds, our friends have had the crap knocked out of them! In homing ability, in constitution and immunity!

There are only, in reality, two things that we can't control in our sport. The B.O.P. problem and the weather - climate change!

So if we can't control the wind, we must adjust our sails.

Ah we can't, because most would rather moan and blame the senseless one lol.

Edited by Roland

On a serious note are we all so great a fancier that have the answers? That to blame imaginary fanciers for their stupidities, lack of knowledge is easy? That they are causes in the main for our losses? The detrimental downward spiralling of our so called sport?

Hands ups if you are one of the stupid ones etc. PLEASE!

Isn't it true that we go down the club and hear such each week? The umpteen arguments put forward and agreed with. Isn't it the case that nigh every one says the same! the same ole rig ma roll each week!

Isn't it the fact that our beloved birds, our friends, have had the crap knocked out of them! In homing ability, in constitution and immunity and much other!

Who dare speak up and say different? … Let's hear them say 'Ah I know it is for a fact it IS those stupid ones. the lazy ones, those that know no better and haven't got a clue! they breed culls and youngster to lose, to clutter up the town centres and foul up the pavements etc. If so why aren't you helping them? Most won't or don't because they are afraid that then they might beat them each week. Now that is a sensible and realistic fact.

Isn't it a fact that one gets comfortable with habits, good or bad, and nigh every one does like 'Change'.

Another fact is that most will make excuses, any thing or one to remain the same! A silent hope and a wing and prayer that it will get better! That 'He or She' is different, and Not one of them!

P.s. YOU ARE!

Doesn't, or can't one see, when the tide turned big time! Or is it the case of 'None so blind as those that will not see'!?

The truth of the matter, the fact is, excuses are to enable one to stay the same!

I tell my daughters when they have a problem 'What would you say to a friend if they asked you the same'?

Further take a sheet of paper and smother it in dots. Now those dots represent 'People / folks! Circle one dot and regard that as 'You'.

Now, to you. the other people are classed as 'Them'. But you to yourself believe you are different! Yes NOT one of the 'Them'! But isn't the truth that to all the others people you are one of them!

Of course those that blame anything and every thing to are those that usually want to stay the same. have no change!

So thing back as to when and why 'It is a fact that our beloved birds, our friends have had the crap knocked out of them! In homing ability, in constitution and immunity!

There are only, in reality, two things that we can't control in our sport. The B.O.P. problem and the weather - climate change!

So if we can't control the wind, we must adjust our sails.

Ah we can't, because most would rather moan and blame the senseless one lol.

A lot of truth in your rantings roland