Q & A

b.massey

I know season is still on going

But what’s chances of maybe a question and answer chat set up over coming months with administrators asking some of the lads who have put in top class performances in the SNFC this year that are members on site

Set up

Feed

Motivation

Some of the stick outs are the likes of D Jamieson, Derek Hay, Walter Boswell

I know season is still on going

But what’s chances of maybe a question and answer chat set up over coming months with administrators asking some of the lads who have put in top class performances in the SNFC this year that are members on site

Set up

Feed

Motivation

Some of the stick outs are the likes of D Jamieson, Derek Hay, Walter Boswell

I believe Andy organised this some years back, hopefully he will so do again. :)

Brian j d Robertson Dunfermline this old guy can fly a pigeon check his results

Only went with names I know that use site

Hope no offence took to anyone as I don’t know who’s all members here

Just picked out the 3 I seen top of the racing again from SNFC that I know on site

The more people questioned and answers the better for a younger generation to try achieve these 400-600 mile time in

l look forward to sharing this years national experience with my fellow pigeon basic members when ever andy or fifer decides as i get to remember it all again the ups and downs and pure joy and excitement when it comes off i hope you guys will be as lucky as i have been because even with hard work good pigeons and things going right you still need luck on your side because there is so so much that can go wrong

Thanks lads, much appreciated. Dkj has been superb this year again and Watties hen is a bit special. Thanks Brian, you are correct m8, as always.I had a very satisfying season last year as I was one of only two in the whole of Scotland to return their clock at every race. I was beaten to win the whole Snfc averages by 1.3 yards at the Alencon disaster as I was doing 398.7 ypm lol.Im not sure if all the strains and stresses are worth it tbh,

Thanks lads, much appreciated. Dkj has been superb this year again and Watties hen is a bit special. Thanks Brian, you are correct m8, as always.I had a very satisfying season last year as I was one of only two in the whole of Scotland to return their clock at every race. I was beaten to win the whole Snfc averages by 1.3 yards at the Alencon disaster as I was doing 398.7 ypm lol.Im not sure if all the strains and stresses are worth it tbh,

Derek is it not the case that its your combined flying time that gets the average, if so then the vel you do from Alencon has no bearing as long as you have your clock read. You would add all your Flying times and all your distances to give you a seasons average velocity

Derek is it not the case that its your combined flying time that gets the average, if so then the vel you do from Alencon has no bearing as long as you have your clock read. You would add all your Flying times and all your distances to give you a seasons average velocity

Your velocity must be 400ypm or over to qualify for an average Bobby, or youd get guys returning their clock a week after the race .

Edited by Delboy

Your velocity must be 400ypm or over to qualify for an average Bobby, or youd get guys returning their clock a week after the race .

I thought it was over the 6 races Del, if you returned your clock after a week then it would drop below the 400 for the 6 races but think if its over the 400 over the 6 races then it would be ok, after all the average is worked out as your velocity of the combined time and distance, not the sum of the 6 race velocities

i know rules are rules dell but harsh to say the least m8

i know rules are rules dell but harsh to say the least m8

The thing is Walter, the race was delayed a few days so we lost light but the normal hours of darkness applied. I think if there arent 10% of the convoy timed in then they should lower the cut off vel of 400ypm to 300ypm, omo.

I thought it was over the 6 races Del, if you returned your clock after a week then it would drop below the 400 for the 6 races but think if its over the 400 over the 6 races then it would be ok, after all the average is worked out as your velocity of the combined time and distance, not the sum of the 6 race velocities

If race closes at 400 yards and you are below that you cannot make the result

The thing is Walter, the race was delayed a few days so we lost light but the normal hours of darkness applied. I think if there arent 10% of the convoy timed in then they should lower the cut off vel of 400ypm to 300ypm, omo.

Did you submit a claim or the Average Derek and get a knock back or did you just assume that because you didnt make the 400 ypm in one race it wouldnt be considered?

If race closes at 400 yards and you are below that you cannot make the result

The "Race" for averages is the sum total of the distance flown over seven races divided by the time taken to fly the said races, individual velocities do not or should not enter the equation.