Rules Regarding Feed?

Could someone please inform me of any rules there is, regarding the amount of feed your bird must have before basketing for a race in Scotland. This is my first year racing up here and don’t want to be putting my birds to the races if the amount of feed I’m giving them is incorrect.

No rules that I know of, however, if you send them crops full and they spew it up in the crates, then the other club members will not be happy, so just use some common sense. Most don't feed after a set time depending on when they basket, ask around your club. :)

No rules that I know of, however, if you send them crops full and they spew it up in the crates, then the other club members will not be happy, so just use some common sense. Most don't feed after a set time depending on when they basket, ask around your club. :)

Thank you for your reply Andy,

I didn’t feed my birds the day of basketing, I sent in two clubs. 1 club had no problem with my birds, then 2nd club a member commented on my birds after the clocks had been done. He wasn’t flying in the race but said my birds are starved. I managed to win both clubs and had 64 of my birds home and trapped in under 10 mins, surely starved birds couldn’t manage that? I don’t want to be made to feel as a cheat if my birds should be fed on basket day? I’ve only been racing pigeons since YB 2016 in England then YB this year up here so, I really haven’t a clue on whether I must feed on basket day or not?

I didn’t feed my birds the day of basketing, I sent in two clubs. 1 club had no problem with my birds, then 2nd club a member commented on my birds after the clocks had been done. He wasn’t flying in the race but said my birds are starved. I managed to win both clubs and had 64 of my birds home and trapped in under 10 mins, surely starved birds couldn’t manage that? I don’t want to be made to feel as a cheat if my birds should be fed on basket day? I’ve only been racing pigeons since YB 2016 in England then YB this year up here so, I really haven’t a clue on whether I must feed on basket day or not?

How are you made to feel a cheat it's up to you if you want to feed them on a Friday . But I would feeding them on Friday as the distance increases to give them more fuel in the tank to get home.

One guy saying something doesn’t mean the whole club is against it or collectively share his thoughts. Don’t assume one mans words are the thoughts of the whole club. Every club has its own know it all (most clubs even have a couple) 😂. Do your thing mate and listen to people who you deem worth listening to. Don’t listen to those who want you to listen to them, or they’ll fill your head with sh**. 😂

How are you made to feel a cheat it's up to you if you want to feed them on a Friday . But I would feeding them on Friday as the distance increases to give them more fuel in the tank to get home.

Thank you for your reply,

It’s a bit difficult to explain how I’m feeling like a cheat but, the way it was said and when and why it was said, contributes to how I feel. It wasn’t mentioned on basketing or before the clocks was done, it was said in a horrible tone straight after congratulating me on winning, if I didn’t win nothing would of been said, his brother usually wins almost every card each race but I took the 1st 6 places my 1st race, I suffer from my mental health in a major way and my birds keep me going each day, I can’t even go into a shop, I’m uncomfortable around people and these people are fully aware of that. So to be told, that’s what happens when you starve your birds is going to make me think I’m either cheated or neglecting my birds, even if others don’t think it, I feel it due to those comments, that is why I would like to know if there is any rules that I may be breaking by not feeding them basket day? If there isn’t then my mind will be at ease. Sorry for going on but, hopefully that will explain it more.

I understand the importance of the changes in feed over the distance mate but, thank you for pointing it out.

I would also welcome anyone to look over my birds to see if I am mistreating them in any way shape or form.

Stick to what you do now, if its working, why change? :drinking-coffee-200:

I will only change anything, if I’m doing it wrong mate, if there is no rules saying I have to feed them basket day I won’t ;-) what I will do, is just not send in that club anymore. You have seen and handled my birds and I’m sure if they was mistreated you would of said.

I wouldn't worry about it bud

ive seen your birds and they are spot on

a bit of the green eyed monster raising its ugly head I think

I will only change anything, if I’m doing it wrong mate, if there is no rules saying I have to feed them basket day I won’t ;-) what I will do, is just not send in that club anymore. You have seen and handled my birds and I’m sure if they was mistreated you would of said.

still race there bud

that's what he wants you to go away so he has less competition

I wouldn't worry about it bud

ive seen your birds and they are spot on

a bit of the green eyed monster raising its ugly head I think

still race there bud

that's what he wants you to go away so he has less competition

If there is no rules stating I have to feed them basket day I won’t. I wouldn’t mind I know for a FACT he feeds his birds less than I feed mine each day. I would rather leave that club than lose my temper and not be able to race again.

If there is no rules stating I have to feed them basket day I won’t. I wouldn’t mind I know for a FACT he feeds his birds less than I feed mine each day. I would rather leave that club than lose my temper and not be able to race again.

No need to leave the club mate, obviously they are not happy that there's a new sheriff in town stay an keep sticking it up them :emoticon-0136-giggle: you must be doing something right if you took the first 6 in the club congrats :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

No need to leave the club mate, obviously they are not happy that there's a new sheriff in town stay an keep sticking it up them :emoticon-0136-giggle: you must be doing something right if you took the first 6 in the club congrats :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Good reply mate i agrea with you ,

Comments like that would motivate me mate. An old saying was “if no one is talking about you, then your not doing your job right†keep doing what your doing and if you think not feeding on a Friday is correct stick with it!!

Thank you for all the replies, now I know I haven’t done no wrong, I will continue to do what I am doing. I will also get hold of all the rules so I know exactly what is what then I won’t have to battle with my mind, thinking I’ve done something wrong to my birds. Roll on the weekend ;-)

Tell him to mind his own business and *expletive removed* off

Thank you for all the replies, now I know I haven’t done no wrong, I will continue to do what I am doing. I will also get hold of all the rules so I know exactly what is what then I won’t have to battle with my mind, thinking I’ve done something wrong to my birds. Roll on the weekend ;-)

I will give you a rule book on Friday bud

will be the 2014 version as ive only 1 of the 2016 ones

Good idea, remember an get your club fed an Shu rule books. What club do you fly in.

I will get both books, to cover everything, thank you. I fly in mastrick and silver city.

I will give you a rule book on Friday bud

will be the 2014 version as ive only 1 of the 2016 ones

Thanks mate, would be really appreciated. Will the rules still be the same as now, with it being 2014?

coey there are no rules on what when or how much you feed your birds m8 personally i give my birds half there normal amount between 10 and 11 on the day of basketing incase they get a hard one ignore them its just sour grapes do what works for you

Hello Walter, I fed on a Friday if the race was looking a bit difficult on the birds and in the later part of the season, whilst flying in Liverpool. Now I know I’m not doing wrong by my birds, I will stick to what I do mate.

I will get both books, to cover everything, thank you. I fly in mastrick and silver city.

Thanks mate, would be really appreciated. Will the rules still be the same as now, with it being 2014?

will let you read through the latest one as well

shouldn't be much difference