Hose Pipe Bann

Roland

This lots got to be complete bloody joke,wettest part of England,possibly the UK and they've imposed a hose pipe ban on West Cumbria.If United Utilities sorted the leaks in the area instead of filling the share holders pockets,why select the West,lakes waters go to other areas ?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Hosepipe-ban-announced-for-all-of-Cumbria-EXCEPT-Carlisle-a12740a5-557d-4896-81a5-a3d41fd7d2dc-ds

Another another example of government and multi national companies teaming up and creating an issue that they can use to justify taking more money from the average mans pocket.

Take a look at all this crap about climate change and car omissions causing it - we're not allowed to drive diesel's in the next few years apparently because they give off so much bad fumes. Yet in the same breath they are saying the launch of space rockets will increase by up to 100% over the next 10 years across the UK. So old average Joe in his diesel work van is a problem, but the launch of rockets literally blasting through the atmosphere and destroying all the ozone around them is fine.

Makes me sick they can say what they like, make laws to suit their needs and to make people believe it and its always a false agenda all about the cold hard cash being syphoned off into their pockets.

In 1976 the water boards here about stated they were going to pump water from the 'Under water lakes around Loughborough and Nottingham Have vast clean water lakes. This they did, but didn't use, but is in place. They added the cost to our rates etc. This has been in place yonks … likewise I'd wager in many more locations.

They never mention it now though <_<

But have had many hose pipe banns since.

All to do with making, or saving PROFITS!

You know, take a look at the amount of water, unused or tapped, in the mines now dysfunctional.

they can soon drain them when wanting to use or open cast eh!

Gravel / coal etc. etc. cleanses the water, don't need much added etc. Beside where does the water flow when heading to the lakes to be used?

If not adding money for cleansing they add for 'Future'! Its a sad, expensive joke.

Edited by Roland

Can I join in but I,m interested in the power company's ,my elec has shot up 70% this year they say we are using more but my partners daughter moved out and she had 3 showers every day washing machine was on constant as for our bloody central heating so how can we be using more electricity the 2 of us are at work ,

I think it's because we use less that they need to keep profits up they just up the rates also what are all those turbines doing when are we going to see our bills come down ! No chance .

My sister when she was alive god rest her was on a committee about these turbines and the scientists told them then the people will be unlikely to see any decrease in charges due to very high maintenance .

Our great sport is almost goosed but our great country is in even bigger sheete .

Rant over , I enjoyed that lol

This lots got to be complete bloody joke,wettest part of England,possibly the UK and they've imposed a hose pipe ban on West Cumbria.If United Utilities sorted the leaks in the area instead of filling the share holders pockets,why select the West,lakes waters go to other areas ?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Hosepipe-ban-announced-for-all-of-Cumbria-EXCEPT-Carlisle-a12740a5-557d-4896-81a5-a3d41fd7d2dc-ds

well said

you get what you vote for

eastcoaster you have hit the nail on the head. Maybe you remember when the Gas and Electric boards advertised big time how to save energy and cut costs. True I kid you not.

The all the bills when up. After a rig ma roll of finding out why it was stated 'The profits went don the share holders complained so we had to hike the prices. every one now should be happy. We are saving energy and the share holders are making more money on their investments'. True