Flying Young

Hi guys is it normal for my young Pigeons to fly nearly 3-4 hours ignoring me as I let them out one evening and did not come in until 9.30pm!!!! 12 out of 24 listens and went right in for food but I removed the trough as a punishment for the others

Nothing to worry about Matthew, the Ybs are ranging and having a good look around which sometimes could be for several hours at a time. The only problem these days is the possibility of them meeting a peregrine on their journey but theres nothing we can do about that. As regards to them trapping they'll soon respond to your call after a few times left with little or no food when they eventually come in.

Nothing to worry about Matthew, the Ybs are ranging and having a good look around which sometimes could be for several hours at a time. The only problem these days is the possibility of them meeting a peregrine on their journey but theres nothing we can do about that. As regards to them trapping they'll soon respond to your call after a few times left with little or no food when they eventually come in.

That’s what I thought but I be training soon and I don’t get peregrines in our area but avoid areas round Aberdeen especially Stonehaven got on their cliffs and I lost some last year through Aberdeen, so I use murcar golf area for release but avoid woodend and further down like Stonehaven

Worse!!! Today they just sat on the roof for 2 hours ignoring me have I done something wrong lol

do you have moss on your roof, young birds will pick at that for ages, just make sure they are hungry when let out, I have a problem just now going on a roof with moss on it

First signs of young bird sickness they stop listening!!!! Another sign is an out of the ordinary loft performance!!! Be vigilant i personally think it’s going to raise its ugly head

Exact signs my young birds displayed before the dreaded young bird sickness hit