K Index For The Gold Cup

Delboy

K Index for Friday 29/6/18 is very high at 5. Its back to normal 3 on the 30/6/18. These guys spend billions getting this information, I think we should take heed.

Looks like NE over the pond then east over uk

Could be winner into stranraer or ardrossen ?

Very hot this week will have massive say on returns

Good Luck all who enter

Looks like NE over the pond then east over uk

Could be winner into stranraer or ardrossen ?

Very hot this week will have massive say on returns

Good Luck all who enter

No be off if it's an east wind pal......that would defeat the purpose of the change of line lol

Dont be so f kin ignorant Bobby, im trying to f kn help things here

Suppose you believe the Earth is flat as well then eh, but suppose if some scribe told you it was it must be true, and I,m no ignorant, I,m stating my opinion that its a load of tosh

Last time the K index was up was Buckingham, ( cracking race ? )

K Index had nothing to do with the bad race at Buckingham, was down to the fact that the weather that was supposed to clear didnt, and dont think that had anything to do with any index, be it A B or K

K Index had nothing to do with the bad race at Buckingham, was down to the fact that the weather that was supposed to clear didnt, and dont think that had anything to do with any index, be it A B or K

[/quote

HAHAHA the K index indicated this weather lol.

Yer right there 500 mls is a big big struggle for wee birds up here eh

Youre right there mate...….they don't even consider us ...its all to do with the short fliers, that's why our Fed races should not be built around the National....we need to come into the 21st century

[/quote

your right there mate, these guys need to come into the new technology, we need all the help we can get.

I,m not saying the K index is crap but why do some birds still get home around the expected velocity and the rest don't , I do believe that the sun and moon in sky at same time causes problems ,

Today both were up at same time and when I went to let yb s out they sat in loft for more than 10 mins before coming out ? They normally take my head off when I open loft .

But to be honest we will never know so can't cancel races just because the atmosphere is dodgy but this is only my thoughts and I,m usually wrong lol.

I,m not saying the K index is crap but why do some birds still get home around the expected velocity and the rest don't , I do believe that the sun and moon in sky at same time causes problems ,

Today both were up at same time and when I went to let yb s out they sat in loft for more than 10 mins before coming out ? They normally take my head off when I open loft .

But to be honest we will never know so can't cancel races just because the atmosphere is dodgy but this is only my thoughts and I,m usually wrong lol.

that my friend is the unknown in pigeon racing

No be off if it's an east wind pal......that would defeat the purpose of the change of line lol

Its a funny old thing fate stevie and as fate has it they are going to get blown onto the west coast of scotland

Get the landing nets up at the Fechan lol

I've finished for the season old and young retire in 5 weeks time and decided to Chill out and come back refreshed for 2019

Going to spend the winter looking at my good uns :animatedpigeons:

Its a funny old thing fate stevie and as fate has it they are going to get blown onto the west coast of scotland

I've finished for the season old and young retire in 5 weeks time and decided to Chill out and come back refreshed for 2019

Best of luck fella

[/quote

If thats the case then Derek, why didnt the weather forecasters, who are I would imagine a good deal cleverer than you or I, not use this information to predict this weather, could you maybe enlighten us on this?????

Enjoy your retirement Mick

Weather conditions are one of the most important factors for pigeon racing. Hopefully nobody would argue against this.

United Kingdom and Scotland, in particular, has an island climate. The Scottish mountains and hills causing many and varied ecologyies throughout the various parts of the country. Hopefully nobody would argue against this.

If we accept these as given facts, surely a National Club, which is meant to be representative of the elite within the sport, should pay for the best, be that transportation or any other requirement.

If point 1 is accepted, then the organisation should pay for the best weather report it is able to afford. Ideal conditions for the whole of Scotland will rarely be achieved, but they should be sought for the majority of the country's areas. I am sure airlines and shipping lines pay for the best reports. If K index is a factor, and several parameters seem to point that it is or could be, then it should also be taken into account. I am sure a "paid for" weather report would take this into account if it was required.

This "top class" weather report would not remove all the human error factor, but it would greatly assist the Race Controllers in coming to the very best decision.

I do not wish to inflate the discussion, but feel this should be the very least expected by the members of a National organisation. :)

Weather conditions are one of the most important factors for pigeon racing. Hopefully nobody would argue against this.

United Kingdom and Scotland, in particular, has an island climate. The Scottish mountains and hills causing many and varied ecologyies throughout the various parts of the country. Hopefully nobody would argue against this.

If we accept these as given facts, surely a National Club, which is meant to be representative of the elite within the sport, should pay for the best, be that transportation or any other requirement.

If point 1 is accepted, then the organisation should pay for the best weather report it is able to afford. Ideal conditions for the whole of Scotland will rarely be achieved, but they should be sought for the majority of the country's areas. I am sure airlines and shipping lines pay for the best reports. If K index is a factor, and several parameters seem to point that it is or could be, then it should also be taken into account. I am sure a "paid for" weather report would take this into account if it was required.

This "top class" weather report would not remove all the human error factor, but it would greatly assist the Race Controllers in coming to the very best decision.

I do not wish to inflate the discussion, but feel this should be the very least expected by the members of a National organisation. :)

I always thought that Scotland was part of the UK Andy :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Good post Andy

I always thought that Scotland was part of the UK Andy :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

It is, however, the previous comments were with regard to the SNFC which is a Scottish National, thus the reason for my comment "and Scotland, in particular,".

The geography of Scotland is quite distinct and therefore the ecology of the several different areas can vary dramatically. I always remember being taught in school that our weather was controlled, in the main, by the gulf stream. Because of this, the west had far more rain than the east. By the time the weather reached the east the hills and mountains had caused the clouds to rise and the rain to fall.

Global warming may have changed things. :)