That's The Girl

Roland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/44582424

Every thing about this fine young lady is truth from the heart. Tenacious (Like once was the scots' trade word and mark) and great, who wears her heart on the sleeve for all to see.

May not beat the every best in the world, but by golly you know she will give her all and more if possible, and will be close when not!

Edited by Roland

One of your favourites Roly. :)

True Andy. She certainly is.

I'm not ashamed to stand and shout at the telly and get emotional when I see the guts and thunder as she gives her all EVERY TIME!

I get peeved when I see so called 'GOOD' Athletes, OR them supposedly 'having great potential' who can run against the clock, or inferior competition, but look for excuses against competition and fail miserably!

Seen many that finish fast and strong but well behind. Commentators spouting 'poorly judged finishes' or 'if Only they had stayed up with the pace', or 'If only they had given themselves a chance'. etc.

Truth is they are taking money under false pretences as far as I am concerned.

Won't name a couple of sprinters that fast times .. One second only to Linford Christy, but get disqualified, or is well down, finishing like a train. Another yet again last week in the 880 and 1000 metres 50 yards behind but finishes so fast. They are simply making excuses before they compete. Simple as that, and for them to be paid to train and race is a diabolical disgrace.

Yes one learns and ACCEPTS that they have to run through a pain. That it hurts!

But to take the money every week and just turn up. That means as far as I am concerned that each performance should be paid on merit! Or get a job, or fiddle the dole. I'd much rather see a person trying than a class act faking personally.

It is often said 'It is he that TRIES and fails that is a defeated, but the one that doesn't try that is the defeatist'.