Is It Worthwhile

King billy 2

Hold overs and YBS I can cope with BUT BOP are getting to me,youngens have been hit twice at the loft and scattered all over the place,lads that I know who are on the line of flight for my birds are really getting hammered every time they let them out?

What's training going to be like,not worth the time and effort.

Yesterdays race from Fourgeres 50 mile away dropping in like a sprint race,like snow on a hot day here.

Getting really pished of with pigeon racing going to give it a series thought about packing in between ybs bop and holdovers it's doing my head in

Poor me tam, you get far more than your share so chin up and on the bright side you have an excellent tweed jacket!!! Lol good luck today. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Tam I agree with you. Old birds not been out of the loft for over a week and the young birds have not been out for over two weeks due to constant peregrine attacks. Last time they were out it was only 3 cocks and they were on them in seconds. Hunting as a pair they are deadly. I have lost 22 ybs off the loft and 4 old birds this year so far. Absolutely sick of it and can't see a way to continue.

Well, maybe it's time to do, as Bilco stated many years ago, and give them a beautiful coat on back.

It sadly makes me laugh, though it is seriously not funny.

RPRA asked, a few years back, regards having a 'Think tank' set up to do and help with many things, as a Spoke person for any Public notice. Also in regards the B.O.P. Problem.... the cost well less than £30,000 a year. Less than a £1 a year in today's members!! Yes, that's right a £1 a year!. Members soon saw that off, saying that the wealthy members who have offices and businesses' could do much work FOR FREE and they should foot the rest of the bill! Fact! True!

On here a debate went on for a few months regards a right way of handling the B.O.P Problem. A think tank of course within P.R. firm to address our problem!

Members who wanted to be on the list were chosen. Some excellent names too, yes well known and national flyers etc.

Of course, the committee would have and should have stayed unknown till up and running. Not least because of the hassle and dirty trick campaigns that the RSPB is so well renowned for.

Members on here, were not willing to let this happen, even at no costs to themselves. This whether they were not even interested. Letters were written to the BHW condemning it etc. Indeed irate became against anyone trying to help in this regards, though was nigh insane … the best reason put forward ... in utter stupidity, 'It was best not upset the RSPB'! Couldn't Adam and Eve it... correct. Also first off was that ANY and everyone should be named, and hence made public! Why eeemmm doh doh?

In any event just what would be the cost to them? NOWT!

There were great ways of raising funds RAISED TO!... costing members pennies... all being rejected by members on here! True.

Head in sand eh! Now here we are 12 years later still no further with the problem, but the hope and belief SOME shining white Knight will gallop to the rescue still prevalent.

P.s. They don't exist, that was in Fairy Land... the land where many tried to put those genuinely trying to help!

Edited by Roland

Guest mambo

What's needed is the Queen to state, should any peregrine holder, or nest the rspb hold or know of, they should be made to contact the holder of the pigeon it ate, failure to comply would be 5 years jail time.and £1000 fine.fight fire, with fire, and also to state how many they ring each year

What's needed is the Queen to state, should any peregrine holder, or nest the rspb hold or know of, they should be made to contact the holder of the pigeon it ate, failure to comply would be 5 years jail time.and £1000 fine.fight fire, with fire, and also to state how many they ring each year

Nowt wrong with the above statement.

I've also had enough of all the hassle. Could be doing better things with no hassle !