Snfc Maidstone

eastcoaster

Notice there are only 18 birds away from section F

What is the distance from longest flyer in section E to shortest flyer in section F

I fly in section A and fly 28 mls north of first drop

Are E and F distances greater than that ?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely needs addressed Derek

Definitely does. The members at the agm voted for no postcode proposals when Jim Smith motion came up and then voted for postcodes to determine section H. Double standards and it shouldnt have went through. All this because I had an exceptional yb national last year and they put together a scheme to get rid of us :emoticon-0179-headbang: and the members got hoodwinked.

Edited by Delboy

Thank fek ur not the race controller

couldn't be any worse than the current squad, Buckingham was a disaster.. not to mention Portsmouth, Ypres and Buckingahm YB national last season, ye they do a nice job matey!!! :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Behave yourself

Pmfsl

just my opinion pal... its a better day than what our poor pigeons were liberated from Buckingham in, I thought they would have went for it :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Notice there are only 18 birds away from section F

What is the distance from longest flyer in section E to shortest flyer in section F

I fly in section A and fly 28 mls north of first drop

Are E and F distances greater than that ?

Absolute disgrace Michael .noticed it in last race.REALLY needs sorted fast .Not much wrong with the way it was maybe a section H for shorter flyers South Ayrshire and stranrear .

Just thought i would ask a question I can understand delaying the basketing because of the weather.

Who said a 24 hours delay in basketiing was better for the old birds?? Is there proven evidence birds are better in the loft rather than sitting in a basket not some good idea from pigeon men but has someone ever done research?Most pigeon men see a pigeon in the basket at the club where doos seem stressed at this point but it will be the same 24 hours later.

Do the birds looked stressed at the racepoint?

Would be intrested in some convoyers telling us do the birds fight all night or are they lying down resting ??Do they look like they all get a drink in the basket?When the feeding goes in the basket do they all eat?

Mind I am only asking no need for the nasty replies

Just thought i would ask a question I can understand delaying the basketing because of the weather.

Who said a 24 hours delay in basketiing was better for the old birds?? Is there proven evidence birds are better in the loft rather than sitting in a basket not some good idea from pigeon men but has someone ever done research?Most pigeon men see a pigeon in the basket at the club where doos seem stressed at this point but it will be the same 24 hours later.

Would be intrested in some convoyers telling us do the birds fight all night or are they lying down resting ??Do they look like they all get a drink in the basket?When the feeding goes in the basket do they all eat?

Good post frank and your correct but why say if it’s not favourable for not to get a race still take pigeons down road

Frank, is this a wind up? I remember the Lanarkshire doos were brought back fae Carentan and I handled alot of them coming out the crates. I had 4 away myself and only one of them was in any sort of shape to attempt the 450 mile journey. 9/10 birds wouldve been lost imo and all this was down to being too long in the crates. Less stress, more success.

First frank yes birds do settle down at night

When held over all bird feed from feeder would probably say could do with less birds in basket

And in my opinion drinking is most important birds should have access to water all the time .

Hope this help frank

UK weather is now so erratic during the race season, decisions need to be made by the committee if a holdover if it is almost certain to be on the cards, which our first two National races of the season have been... nobody wants there pigeons in the crates a further 24 hours, after spending two nights in them already.

Basketting in these circumstances SHOULD be postponed for 24 hours, or in some cases 48 hours going on previous years holdovers, THE WELFARE OF THE PIGEONS MUST COME FIRST N FOREMOST!!!

Last year our second inland national race had 6065 entries, and this year we have 3001 entries, the situation paints its own picture i'm afraid, many pigeons that were at Buckingham havn't been resent as they are simply not fit enough to go, and losses have increased... we all moan about the raptor problem in the UK which i'm in full agreeance with, but if we continue to race pigeons at this level we will also destroy our own sport.

Now.. something we cannot seem to agree on is the transporting facilities, why the hell are we still convoying in this day and age of modern technology in prehistoric transporters, with wicker baskets loaded with shavings, we havn't moved forward in over 50 years in this department!

Holdovers... pigeons are sitting in there own excrement for three nights plus, these fouled shavings will be contaminating there drinking water, and the foreign allergens they are breathing in via there own droppings and shavings WILL BE having an impact on there upper respitory system for sure.

So when conditions are favourable and we get a liberation after a one or a two day holdover, and it is still a stinker we scratch our heads?

I have just watched a video clip on facebook of the NRCC convoy being cared for by the convoyer in a modern 21st century transporter, awesome is all I can say!

These vehicles in most cases are all air conditioned with roof top ventilation, auto watering systems, cool aluminium crates and grills, clear release flaps on the panniers which must help prior to a liberaton, and auto liberation release system, easy to manage and keep clean.

there are plenty of these vehicles in Scotland now, with one federation in particular which could convoy the entire SNFC for every race if required... a no brainer IMO.

Happy Flying Lads...

It seems to be that the only thing holding back late or delayed basketing is halls and premises. Lets see if we can find some flexible ones and if we can't lets choose a single club in a single section and spend some money on making their premises viable with portable buildings, heaters etc

Derek

I wasn't at the wind up. I was trying to ask some questions to get some sensible discussion.

Thanks John guys who transport pigeons and look after them at a racepoints you hardly ever hear any feedback.

Talking to Tommy last week I said I thought the Lanarkshire birds were coming back in great condition he was saying he was constantly changing the water. First thing he does in the morning is change the water and constantly throughout the day.

Derek

I wasn't at the wind up. I was trying to ask some questions to get some sensible discussion.

Thanks John guys who transport pigeons and look after them at a racepoints you hardly ever hear any feedback.

Talking to Tommy last week I said I thought the Lanarkshire birds were coming back in great condition he was saying he was constantly changing the water. First thing he does in the morning is change the water and constantly throughout the day.

Exactly Frank, water, water, water. Thats the key.

UK weather is now so erratic during the race season, decisions need to be made by the committee if a holdover if it is almost certain to be on the cards, which our first two National races of the season have been... nobody wants there pigeons in the crates a further 24 hours, after spending two nights in them already.

Basketting in these circumstances SHOULD be postponed for 24 hours, or in some cases 48 hours going on previous years holdovers, THE WELFARE OF THE PIGEONS MUST COME FIRST N FOREMOST!!!

Last year our second inland national race had 6065 entries, and this year we have 3001 entries, the situation paints its own picture i'm afraid, many pigeons that were at Buckingham havn't been resent as they are simply not fit enough to go, and losses have increased... we all moan about the raptor problem in the UK which i'm in full agreeance with, but if we continue to race pigeons at this level we will also destroy our own sport.

Now.. something we cannot seem to agree on is the transporting facilities, why the hell are we still convoying in this day and age of modern technology in prehistoric transporters, with wicker baskets loaded with shavings, we havn't moved forward in over 50 years in this department!

Holdovers... pigeons are sitting in there own excrement for three nights plus, these fouled shavings will be contaminating there drinking water, and the foreign allergens they are breathing in via there own droppings and shavings WILL BE having an impact on there upper respitory system for sure.

So when conditions are favourable and we get a liberation after a one or a two day holdover, and it is still a stinker we scratch our heads?

I have just watched a video clip on facebook of the NRCC convoy being cared for by the convoyer in a modern 21st century transporter, awesome is all I can say!

These vehicles in most cases are all air conditioned with roof top ventilation, auto watering systems, cool aluminium crates and grills, clear release flaps on the panniers which must help prior to a liberaton, and auto liberation release system, easy to manage and keep clean.

there are plenty of these vehicles in Scotland now, with one federation in particular which could convoy the entire SNFC for every race if required... a no brainer IMO.

Happy Flying Lads...

I am afraid you are mistaken if you think aluminium crates are cool.The other week after basking the birds and waiting for the transporter,I just remarked to another member how much heat was coming off the crates.They are like cookers.Give me wicker baskets every time.Don't worry about them picking amongst the shavings.How often have you seen them picking about in the garden or fields, not knowing what they are ingesting.If they have any natural immunity they will be o.k.