R I P Ian Chalmers

Ian Chalmers of Falkland in Fife, fanciers may remember that on the 13th April I covered Ian in my weekly column after I had received an email from Stephen Barbour of Kilmarnock in Ayrshire. Stephen asked if I could highlight the kindness and sportsmanship of Ian and his wife Madge who helped him with pigeons. During the following years a friendship grew and the 2 couples have continued to stay in touch. Last week they came to see Ian who was very poorly and on Thursday the 7th June they received a phone call that Ian had passed away in Kirkcaldy’s Victoria Hospital. I personally have known Ian for 30 year or more and the last time I spoke to him was in the Homebase superstore last year. Needless to say we spoke about pigeons and the changes nowadays compared to when we started up the sport. Ian was a quite genuine man and was a pleasure to converse with. To his wife Madge, Stephen and his good lady we send our heartfelt condolences on their loss.

Joe Murphy Scottish Scribe

Ian Chalmers

Ian Chalmers (1).jpg