2Nd Day Or Late Returns

andy Burgess

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent 25 to fed and ive had 4 today , one at 7am and 3 in the last hour, one badly hawked. 21/25 fed and still only 8/15 national. Please note, my fed doos were in great nick when they came back, the national doos were absolutely f ked, dehydrated was an understatement. An extra day in the basket ?????? Lets get things sorted expletive remove before its too late!!!

Edited by Delboy

Sent 25 to fed and ive had 4 today , one at 7am and 3 in the last hour, one badly hawked. 21/25 fed and still only 8/15 national. Please note, my fed doos were in great nick when they came back, the national doos were absolutely f ked, dehydrated was an understatement. An extra day in the basket ?????? Lets get things sorted expletive remove before its too late!!!

was taking a stray up to the national marking to be picked up and watched the guys filling the small plastic drinkers on the baskets within 10 mins the drinkers were full of shavings with the birds unable to drink from them was glad i had not sent any snfc need to do something in another basket one dominant cock stood at the drinker and would not let any birds drink we have to come up with a better idea than this they can go without food but water is a must

Nothing wrong with my national doos when they returned they were in great Nick.

I got 4/6 on the night and all were in good order and had not lost a lot of body got another tonight ripped and is lucky to be home ,

Jmo

My doos on the night hadnt lost much body Colin, its only 300 miles but they were really dehydrated.

Not heard it from anyone I spoke to.and what do you mean by lucky AGAIN.

Its called humour ya grumpy old c... lol ps. Jock, I ust got a wee latebred yearling from the national at 9.33pm and she is minted, she mustve been in your basket.lol

Edited by Delboy

My doos on the night hadnt lost much body Colin, its only 300 miles but they were really dehydrated.

Its called humour ya grumpy old c... lol ps. Jock, I ust got a wee latebred yearling from the national at 9.33pm and she is minted, she mustve been in your basket.lol

Maybe 300 mls but 8 plus hours on wing takes a bit off ,

Mind you my section winner was my second bird 9 1/2 hours and came clapping around house as if he had been to bottom of village but the yearling that came with him was a wee bit knackered lol .

Well done on your section win .

Cheers Colin, hope yer Gold cup section winner comes up trumps again m8.

He will del , as long as the rest get lost again like last year lol , I,m taking orders for ybs off him now as price will rise when he does the double lol , point of interest has it ever been done in the west sect in consecutive years .

He will del , as long as the rest get lost again like last year lol , I,m taking orders for ybs off him now as price will rise when he does the double lol , point of interest has it ever been done in the west sect in consecutive years .

Not that I know of m8, it would be some feat.

Derek Hay,

I think you are going OTT with your comments, just look at the result and see how close the birds were to each other, you don't get the race finishing that quickly with birds that are suffering from de-hydration, they were ready for a drink yes, and so they should be, after 8hrs flying in the heat, and returns are good.

And by the way we need some help for Maidstone marking 4pm till 8pm, hope to see you there.

was taking a stray up to the national marking to be picked up and watched the guys filling the small plastic drinkers on the baskets within 10 mins the drinkers were full of shavings with the birds unable to drink from them was glad i had not sent any snfc need to do something in another basket one dominant cock stood at the drinker and would not let any birds drink we have to come up with a better idea than this they can go without food but water is a must

Hi Walter,

Don't know what basket you were looking at, but I emptied most of the baskets before loading, and there were no baskets with shavings in them to the extent that prevented the birds from getting a drink.

On your second point with regards to a dominant cock standing at the drinker and not allowing the birds to drink, we are not allowed to remove any birds from the basket for this type of reason, however, if you would have brought the issue to the attention of any of the helpers, maybe we could have eased the bird back a bit, and allowed the other birds to move in for a drink.

Again we could be doing with extra help at the Maidstone marking, so if you are available we will be only to glad to see you.

Cheers,

John L.

Derek Hay,

I think you are going OTT with your comments, just look at the result and see how close the birds were to each other, you don't get the race finishing that quickly with birds that are suffering from de-hydration, they were ready for a drink yes, and so they should be, after 8hrs flying in the heat, and returns are good.

And by the way we need some help for Maidstone marking 4pm till 8pm, hope to see you there.

Your having a laugh ,returns were shocking