Devastated

GRAHAM MITCHELL

Let mines out this morning too 9 went awol I'm now only 5 missing .coming in ones last hour or so that's since I let them out at around 11:15 am .hope you get them Graham soul destroying been there got the teeshirt mate .

Very few pigeons come over the top of me on race day irrespective of wind direction .So that was not the problem this molrning.Still nothing.

Same here Graham no race birds going over my lofts on Saturdays \Sunday's .especially when were out to h at 300 miles like you West coast of Scotland don't see many pigeons nowadays.

I believe this to be one of our biggest worries. One that is truly and realistically out of our control. A happening that occurs where any Human can't, doesn't have a say or hand in that might change this happening. (Indeed many other disastrous event can be, or, via fanciers or governing bodies) Many have only heard of a 'Fly Away'. Many, obviously have also had this horrid experience, me included. Let me assure every one A. No one knows why or can explain it ... of course many try and there are many the myth how and why to avoid as such. That's gooley - dash.

Indeed known some that often spouted the reasons and remedies to make themselves prone free ... only to be devastated some way along the line.

Terry and his Nephew took their youngsters 20 miles one evening. Started of looking good.

Then heavy rain hit home. Nigel let his birds up. Terry took his back home. Nigel's were drenched sitting in loft when getting home.

Nice day next morning, so terry per usual let the youngsters out. He never saw a feather of them again. believe just two were reported. They flew well too when yearlings etc. So go and figure. Often think it's the tender hooks and adrenalin rushes that keep us glue to the sport. JMO

Edited by Roland