At Wits End

I’m cracking up, how do you all keep your Pigeons flying longer as mine is so lazy lands on loft or house roof, I’m thinking of the flag system to keep them up in the air, I cannot use tennis ball as if goes in the neighbors garden it’s gone as they got dog. It’s just to keep my birds fit for racing but it’s crap so lazy the lot of them.

Any advice would be great

I’m cracking up, how do you all keep your Pigeons flying longer as mine is so lazy lands on loft or house roof, I’m thinking of the flag system to keep them up in the air, I cannot use tennis ball as if goes in the neighbors garden it’s gone as they got dog. It’s just to keep my birds fit for racing but it’s crap so lazy the lot of them.

Any advice would be greatly would. Get them tested for respiratory.etc then if that's ok try and lighten the feeding.if you have already tried this split them and after about a week you will see the difference they should fly for a good hr.

Respiratory is fine but I think I must be feeding heavy, and they are flying natural as I only split them up September when the season finish and I don’t have sections in the main loft and I think somewhere in old post I have talks about barley adding to food

Respiratory is fine but I think I must be feeding heavy, and they are flying natural as I only split them up September when the season finish and I don’t have sections in the main loft and I think somewhere in old post I have talks about barley adding to food

For god sake. Matthew , don't alter yer feeding ta barley when the distance is getting longer , yer birds haven't a lot of Body just remember how far does yer car go with out fuel , some of the best long distance birds didn't roam about the sky , but they had brains , and good wings and most important loads of fuel ,but the right kind , that saw them home ,after flying nearly 200 miles further than the shortest flying lofts , look at the flesh of yer birds , if not pink add maize , and garlic if you don't see any down body feathers on the loft floor should tell you if everything is all right with yer birds Cheers ?

Any advice would be great

Fishing rod, reel & line. Attach ball to line, cast & retrieve.