The Joe Murphy Column 26/4/18

THE FIFER

The Joe Murphy Column

Received an email from my good friend John Tyerman he president of the BICC who wrote: ‘Hi Joe hope you and Margaret and the kids are well; I have quite a few nice young birds in the loft but only because the birds have not been separated as it was easier for my daughter Angela to feed and water them all together when I was not too great in January and February. I see ‘The Murphy Cock’ your bred for me has 2 nice babies in the nest and he is paired to a Cannon blue hen, so think they might do me some good in due course. He looks well and is 6 this year, so I think he might go back to St Vincent, Agen or Pau with BICC. Barcelona is 662 miles and is maybe just too far as I would not want to lose him. He is a good day pigeon and as you know won 1st lub and 2nd federation from Bordeaux - also beating all Solent federation birds that same day in a joint liberation. I am hoping my son will get a ew tosses in for me next week as weather is supposed to be better. Hope all is well with you and Margaret kindest regards John T.

Get Well Soon

Received an email from Stephen Barbour with the following; ‘Hi Mr Murphy, thanks for putting my email into your column about Ian Chalmers of Falkland I had a phone call last night from Ian's wife Madge who thanked me for emailing you and said she had a tear or two reading your page, she also said Allister McCudden called her to say you had a done a bit on Ian. Ian has been in hospital all this week but hopes to get out today and we wish him a speedy recovery (my best wishes Ian from Joe M).thanks again Mr Murphy and keep up the good work yours Stephen Barbour.

This week’sPhotographs

Are of my wife Margaret who has her birthday this weekend (Sunday 29th) the whole family are meeting up and holding a party for her as she deserves it. Hope you have a great day Margaret. I have also enclosed a photograph of Tom McEwen of Elphinstone whose birthday is 2nd May hope you have a good day Tom. My good mates Guy Reed from the Isle of Wight and John Tyerman; whom I wrote about at the beginning of this article. Terry Pleat has forwarded a photograph of ‘The Murphy Cock’ bred by yours truly; he won the following in 2013 from Tours with the BICC he won 336th open from an entry of 3.654 birds. In 2014 he won 109th open BICC Le Mans from an entry of 2182 birds. Then in 2015 he won 1st club 1st South Coast Federation Bordeaux with a velocity of 1154. His sire was bred by Ron Lille by being a direct son of his famous ‘40’ cock; and his dam was Jenny bred by fellow scribe Adrian Duggan from his Leo Van Rijn bloodlines. I havealso attached a photograph of Ian Chalmers mentioned above and hope he is soon back to good health.

BIRTHDAY LADY,MARGARET

BIRTHDAY  LADY MARGERET.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM McEWEN

Happy Birthday to Tom McEwen.jpg

GUY REED & JOHN TYERMAN

Guy Reed and John Tyerman.jpg

IAN CHALMERS

Ian Chalmers.jpg

MURPHY COCK

MurphyCock.jpg

Found Pigeon

John McNeill of Broxburn has had a pigeon come into his loft it looks like someone's stock bird and is rung GB13F45439. If this is your pigeon give John a phone on 01506 500129 stating the colour and sex.

Good SNFC Birds

This week I highlight Davie Jamieson of East Calder who has 4 pigeons that did very well in the Scottish National during the 2016 & 2017 seasons. Starting with cheque cock SU13CA 3481 who won 3rd section D 21st open Ancenis in 2016 flying 598 miles. Then last year he won 58th section D 497th open from Bedhampton a distance of 363 miles prior to going back to Ancenis were he won 2nd section D 16th open. We now come to a chequer cock WHU2015T 00765 ho won twice in 2016 from inland nationals being 11th section D 293rd open from Buckingham a distance of 287 miles, he then went to Littlehampton and won 4th section D 35th open flying 372 miles. In 2017 he was again sent to Buckingham and won 43rd section D 373rd open. Another Welsh rung bird blue hen WHU2016T 01015 who won twice in 2017also from inland nationals From Buckingham she won 50th section D399th open then she was set up for Bedhampton and won 7th section D 75th open. The last of Davie’s 4 birds I’ve highlighted is a chequer hen SU15CA 2523 who in 2016 won 28th section D 235th open from Littlehampton and last year she won 27th section D 235th open from Bedhampton. Four good pigeons flown by a very good pigeon man so well done to Davie and I wish you all the very best for the new season. I finish this week’s short write up with a blue cock flown by D McCullen of Kilmaurs in Ayrshire this bird won twice in 2017 from 2 inland nationals from Buckingham he won 21sts ection F flying 289 miles he was then sent to Bedhampton and won 18th section F flying 362 miles, well done Mr McCullen.

Joe’s Joke

An Aussie truckie walks into an outback cafe' with a full-grown emu behind him.

The waitress asks them for their orders. The truckie says, 'A hamburger, chips and a coke,' and turns to the emu, 'What's yours?' 'I'll have the same,' says the emu.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order - ’That will be $9.40 please,' and he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.

The next day, the man and the emu come again and he says, 'A hamburger, chips and a coke.' The emu says, 'I'll have the same.' Again the truckie reaches into his pocket, and pays with exact change. This becomes routine until the two enter again. 'The usual?' asks the waitress. 'No, its Friday night, so I'll have a steak, baked potato and a salad,' says the man. 'Same,'…says the emu.

Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, ‘that will be $32.62.'

Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table. The waitress cannot hold back her curiosity any longer. 'Excuse me, mate, how do you manage to always come up with the exact change in your pocket every time?' 'Well, love' says the truckie, 'a few years ago; I was cleaning out the back shed, and found an old lamp. When I rubbed it, a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything ; I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there.'

'That's brilliant !' says the waitress…'Most people would ask for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live !'

'That's right…Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there,' says the man. The waitress asks, 'What's with the bloody emu?'

The truckie sighs, pauses, and answers, 'My second wish was for a tall bird with a big *expletive removed* and long legs, who agrees with everything I say.'

Please continue to keep the news flowing;to Joe Murphy Mystical Rose Cottage 2 Flutorum Avenue Thornton by Kirkcaldy KY14BD or phone 01592 770331 or Email to joejmurphy1@gmail.com REMEMBER THE J IN THE MIDDLEor log onto www.elimarpigeons.com www.fancierchat.co.uk www.pigeon-chat.co.ukand www.Pigeonbasics.com - Pigeon Racing the Basics! Whowish my weekly contribution portfolio on pigeon topics from Scotland

© Compiled by Joe Murphy

• 2 weeks later...