Training Widowhood Cocks.

Edinburgh west

They need to be schooled to their new loft.

Dont think your doing them any favoures training them

In the weather were getting just now OMO.why not just

Let them out for a fly And let them in to their mates ???

Do the same job .

Evening all. I am thinking about starting training my widowhood cocks this weekend but they are still going up and down to old loft every day 12 mile round trip. Should I give them there hens before every toss to get them coming to new house quicker ??

No , put the hens in there boxes for them coming home from toss

It must be very difficult putting broken birds on widowhood, as soon as they are separated they will go looking for the hens and the old loft is a magnet as they know there were hens there. Haven't you considered a spell on racing Natural before they are put on widowhood, they are keeping themselves fit at the moment with their searching but they need to see the hens more and realise that they are only in the new loft. The upside is that they do plenty of ranging while at exercise, the downside being is the new loft the foremost thought in their mind during racing.

My 12 cocks are all yearlings. I paired them up the other day and since then only 2 pairs are going down the road. I tossed the cocks and hens on Monday both separately hens done it quicker than cocks so hopefully next toss cocks will know the drill at hens are waiting on them.

My 12 cocks are all yearlings. I paired them up the other day and since then only 2 pairs are going down the road. I tossed the cocks and hens on Monday both separately hens done it quicker than cocks so hopefully next toss cocks will know the drill at hens are waiting on them.

Training already bbbbrrrrrr tut tut