Pigeonbasics Forum: P M V Vaccines - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

P M V Vaccines Sent refrigerated Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5,657
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 12 March 2018 - 16:02 PM

So how many get their vaccine by post?
How many are sent under the correct conditions?

They need to be posted in a wrap - usually the foam - with pockets for a frozen freezer pack or two depending on how many you buy


"The cold chain must be maintained during transport. Vaccines should be kept in an insulated cooler. Frozen ice packs or refrigerated packs should be used as needed to maintain the temperature between 35°F (2°C) and 45°F (7°C)."


I have ordered from several places in the past few years - very rare I get free delivery despite placing orders of £200+

But today I ordered from somewhere else - over the phone and they took my money - then several hours later phoned me back and said it would have
to be couriered because of the order value - at an additional cost of £5.89, it was packed ready to go but wouldn't be collected until tomorrow, delivered Wednesday. So I enquired as to whether it was packed with the freezer pack - to which she replied 'no'.

I won't go into any more detail - but it is NOW going to be posted in the correct manner to maintain the refrigerated temperature.

How many people get their vaccines sent by post - and it's not in a cooler pack? (Which is all wrong)

#2 User is offline   Kyleakin Lofts 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 12,756
  • Joined: 16-June 09
  • LocationLugton
  • Club:Barrhead and Valley Clubs

Posted 12 March 2018 - 16:24 PM

I have had it from several places, sent un-cooled in jiffy bags. I no longer use them.

I now have it sent in jiffy bags with the cool pack inside and am supplied by Retford Poultry Services who now trade as Poultry Health Services. :)
Andy

#3 User is offline   PIGEON_MAN 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,180
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationWORCESTERSHIRE
  • Club:MALVERN SRIC,NFC,MCCFC.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 16:39 PM

View PostREDCHEQHEN, on 12 March 2018 - 16:02 PM, said:

So how many get their vaccine by post?
How many are sent under the correct conditions?

They need to be posted in a wrap - usually the foam - with pockets for a frozen freezer pack or two depending on how many you buy


"The cold chain must be maintained during transport. Vaccines should be kept in an insulated cooler. Frozen ice packs or refrigerated packs should be used as needed to maintain the temperature between 35°F (2°C) and 45°F (7°C)."


I have ordered from several places in the past few years - very rare I get free delivery despite placing orders of £200+

But today I ordered from somewhere else - over the phone and they took my money - then several hours later phoned me back and said it would have
to be couriered because of the order value - at an additional cost of £5.89, it was packed ready to go but wouldn't be collected until tomorrow, delivered Wednesday. So I enquired as to whether it was packed with the freezer pack - to which she replied 'no'.

I won't go into any more detail - but it is NOW going to be posted in the correct manner to maintain the refrigerated temperature.

How many people get their vaccines sent by post - and it's not in a cooler pack? (Which is all wrong)

Just interested to know where it states the correct conditions for vaccine to be sent out.

#4 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5,657
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 12 March 2018 - 16:50 PM

View PostPIGEON_MAN, on 12 March 2018 - 16:39 PM, said:

Just interested to know where it states the correct conditions for vaccine to be sent out.


it's on the instructions:

Store and transport refrigerated (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light

#5 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5,657
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 12 March 2018 - 17:06 PM

How many 'pigeon' companies are sending these vaccines out - in the wrong condition - ie in uncontrolled temperatures

I've ordered from on line vet pharmacies for a few years - and all have been sent with the cool packs - but I'm only getting a cool pack this time because I insisted on one

Your vaccine could be ruined if not transported at the correct temperature

#6 User is offline   PIGEON_MAN 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,180
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationWORCESTERSHIRE
  • Club:MALVERN SRIC,NFC,MCCFC.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 17:30 PM

Been ordering Vaccine ever since we had to start using it sometimes had Colombovac others times Nobilis but never had any arrive in a cool pack in fact never knew that was the case,have Nobilis this time but doesn,t say anything on their instructions about transporting conditions.

#7 User is offline   PIGEON_MAN 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,180
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationWORCESTERSHIRE
  • Club:MALVERN SRIC,NFC,MCCFC.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 17:47 PM

Just had maybe a crazy thought,if we are receiving Vaccine which is maybe ruined through not being sent out at the correct temperature and using it to vaccinate our young birds could this be a reason for YBS,what do others think.

#8 User is offline   paddymac 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 16,727
  • Joined: 21-June 06
  • LocationDerry

Posted 12 March 2018 - 18:16 PM

View PostREDCHEQHEN, on 12 March 2018 - 16:02 PM, said:

So how many get their vaccine by post?
How many are sent under the correct conditions?

They need to be posted in a wrap - usually the foam - with pockets for a frozen freezer pack or two depending on how many you buy


"The cold chain must be maintained during transport. Vaccines should be kept in an insulated cooler. Frozen ice packs or refrigerated packs should be used as needed to maintain the temperature between 35°F (2°C) and 45°F (7°C)."


I have ordered from several places in the past few years - very rare I get free delivery despite placing orders of £200+

But today I ordered from somewhere else - over the phone and they took my money - then several hours later phoned me back and said it would have
to be couriered because of the order value - at an additional cost of £5.89, it was packed ready to go but wouldn't be collected until tomorrow, delivered Wednesday. So I enquired as to whether it was packed with the freezer pack - to which she replied 'no'.

I won't go into any more detail - but it is NOW going to be posted in the correct manner to maintain the refrigerated temperature.

How many people get their vaccines sent by post - and it's not in a cooler pack? (Which is all wrong)

I buy mine from my local veterinary practice and have no problems.
Pat Mc Laughlin Brunswick Lofts

#9 User is offline   paddymac 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 16,727
  • Joined: 21-June 06
  • LocationDerry

Posted 12 March 2018 - 18:20 PM

View PostPIGEON_MAN, on 12 March 2018 - 17:47 PM, said:

Just had maybe a crazy thought,if we are receiving Vaccine which is maybe ruined through not being sent out at the correct temperature and using it to vaccinate our young birds could this be a reason for YBS,what do others think.

Interesting thought,could be a contributing factor.
Pat Mc Laughlin Brunswick Lofts

#10 User is offline   Potter29 

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 18-June 16
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 12 March 2018 - 19:34 PM

View PostPIGEON_MAN, on 12 March 2018 - 17:30 PM, said:

Been ordering Vaccine ever since we had to start using it sometimes had Colombovac others times Nobilis but never had any arrive in a cool pack in fact never knew that was the case,have Nobilis this time but doesn,t say anything on their instructions about transporting conditions.


Same as above , never had any sent with freezer packs and used both nobillis and colombovac ??!

#11 User is offline   Potter29 

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 18-June 16
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 12 March 2018 - 19:39 PM

View Postpaddymac, on 12 March 2018 - 18:20 PM, said:

Interesting thought,could be a contributing factor.

Certainly could ,oviously if it is not refrigerated properly will the vaccine then be no good and not be doing its job , therefor are we jabbing them for no reason

#12 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5,657
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 12 March 2018 - 19:44 PM

View PostPIGEON_MAN, on 12 March 2018 - 17:30 PM, said:

Been ordering Vaccine ever since we had to start using it sometimes had Colombovac others times Nobilis but never had any arrive in a cool pack in fact never knew that was the case,have Nobilis this time but doesn,t say anything on their instructions about transporting conditions.



But it does say it needs to be stored at between 2°C and 8°C - until use - bring to room temperature


So until it is used it needs to be between 2°C and 8°C - and that includes transporting


https://www.hyperdru...oductinfo/COL1/



taken from the hyperdrug site - scroll down the page to the following (they're out of stock - I phoned, no delivery date as yet)

Store and transport refrigerated (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze. Protect from light.


#13 User is online   yeboah 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,087
  • Joined: 16-March 10
  • LocationMOFFAT
  • Club:LOCKERBIE R P C

Posted 12 March 2018 - 21:13 PM

I drive and collect the vaccine return straight home then use immediately with gun I also purchased from top farmcare outlet
no matter if there is 5 or 50 doses left it is binned
been to countless lofts where vaccine has been lying around for months and still being used
There lie s the problem

#14 User is offline   gulkie 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,528
  • Joined: 7-October 09
  • Locationcambusnethan
  • Club:newmains

Posted 12 March 2018 - 22:13 PM

I have purched my vaccine from viovet for years
And it is always cool packed .

#15 User is offline   BANDIT 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 758
  • Joined: 1-May 08
  • LocationDUBLIN

Posted 14 March 2018 - 21:07 PM

From the lab to the fancier these vacines can go through 3 or 4 people, how will you ever know if someone took it out of the fridge for any lenght of time unless you buy it direct from the lab you can never be 100% sure it has been stored at the correct temp all the time....also some vacines have a shelf life of just 3 hours once opened.

#16 User is offline   REDCHEQHEN 

  • High Ranking
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 5,657
  • Joined: 5-March 06

Posted 14 March 2018 - 22:08 PM

If it doesn't come in a cool pack you sure as hell know it hasn't been transported in the correct conditions.

#17 User is offline   BANDIT 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 758
  • Joined: 1-May 08
  • LocationDUBLIN

Posted 14 March 2018 - 22:09 PM

View PostREDCHEQHEN, on 14 March 2018 - 22:08 PM, said:

If it doesn't come in a cool pack you sure as hell know it hasn't been transported in the correct conditions.


ive never seen them come in a cool pack.....

#18 User is offline   Potter29 

  • Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 153
  • Joined: 18-June 16
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostBANDIT, on 14 March 2018 - 22:09 PM, said:

ive never seen them come in a cool pack.....


Me neither

#19 User is online   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 36,347
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 15 March 2018 - 13:34 PM

View PostBANDIT, on 14 March 2018 - 21:07 PM, said:

From the lab to the fancier these vacines can go through 3 or 4 people, how will you ever know if someone took it out of the fridge for any lenght of time unless you buy it direct from the lab you can never be 100% sure it has been stored at the correct temp all the time....also some vacines have a shelf life of just 3 hours once opened.





once you open it you are not supposed to put it back in the fridge , you are to use the entire contents when first open
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

http://fiferpigeons....lueyonder.co.uk




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#20 User is offline   PIGEON_MAN 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,180
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationWORCESTERSHIRE
  • Club:MALVERN SRIC,NFC,MCCFC.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 14:17 PM

Be interesting to know from people who have had YBS how they received their Vaccine and weather or not they discard the rest of the bottle after they open it.I will admit here that I do not It is kept in the fridge until I have the next batch of youngsters to vaccinate.Before anyone asks I have never had YBS.

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders