Nest Box Questions

Hey.

I have a question: what are some important points/things a nestbox must possess? I know ventilation is one, but I want to make sure that the box I'm making right now has everything my pigeon needs.

And also - relatively stupid question - should a nest box be used only for nesting?

Cheers,

Sarah

Hey.

I have a question: what are some important points/things a nestbox must possess? I know ventilation is one, but I want to make sure that the box I'm making right now has everything my pigeon needs.

And also - relatively stupid question - should a nest box be used only for nesting?

Cheers,

Sarah

One very important point is Make sure they are made of the right type of material !! Not for example Chip board as this has certain bonding adhesives that reacts with birds droppings giving off a harmful vapour that is very dangerous for your birds

Hey.

Cheers,

Sarah

Aslong as a nest bowl can fit in they will be happy

If you make your loft to clinical -- wipe clean surfaces like melomine and tile floor or lino floor and use gloss paint inside loft you will find on damp days that moisture doesnt soke into wood then dry out on good days,surpriseing how much birds sweat especially when on young.

Nest boxes can vary but keep it simple ---if you only want a few google kit boxes that are used for rollers.