Frans Zwol Pigeons

cemetary

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the very late reply on this, i have only just seen this topic.

The Frans Zwols are winning at the highest levels all over the UK both pure and crossed for novices and experianced fanciers a like.

below is an example of some of the big winners since 2017.

2017/18 major winners with the Frans Zwols bloodlines include the following: 2x1st open BICC National, 2x1st open BBC National, 4x1st open Welsh Nat, 1st open Scottish Nat. 2x1st Combine north rd including at 510 Miles, 1st Combine south rd, 1st Amal, 1st UNC, 3x2nd open BICC, 2nd open BBC, 2x2nd open Welsh Nat, 2nd open Scottish Nat. 2 x 2nd Combines. Plus many other top results in National, combine and fed levels. Including results like first 5, 10, 17 & 20 at fed level.

In 2019 the frans Zwols have begain to dominate in national racing adding another 3 x 1st open BICC nationals wins(Falaise, Gurensey and Agen 530 miles) 1st section 2nd open National flying club, 1st mid Antrim combine, 1st Combine Thurso 500+ miles, 3x3rd open BICC, 3rd open NIPA, 2nd and 4th section NFC (same pigeon in two races) 2x2nd and 2x3rd open Northwest grand national (Same two pigeons mother and son) plus scores of club and fed winners along with many other top combine and national performances including 56th open International Agen 22,000+ birds. plus 1st and 3rd open Breeder/Buyer these two pigeons winning £7,000 between them.

Sorry for the very late reply on this, i have only just seen this topic.

The Frans Zwols are winning at the highest levels all over the UK both pure and crossed for novices and experianced fanciers a like.

below is an example of some of the big winners since 2017.

2017/18 major winners with the Frans Zwols bloodlines include the following: 2x1st open BICC National, 2x1st open BBC National, 4x1st open Welsh Nat, 1st open Scottish Nat. 2x1st Combine north rd including at 510 Miles, 1st Combine south rd, 1st Amal, 1st UNC, 3x2nd open BICC, 2nd open BBC, 2x2nd open Welsh Nat, 2nd open Scottish Nat. 2 x 2nd Combines. Plus many other top results in National, combine and fed levels. Including results like first 5, 10, 17 & 20 at fed level.

In 2019 the frans Zwols have begain to dominate in national racing adding another 3 x 1st open BICC nationals wins(Falaise, Gurensey and Agen 530 miles) 1st section 2nd open National flying club, 1st mid Antrim combine, 1st Combine Thurso 500+ miles, 3x3rd open BICC, 3rd open NIPA, 2nd and 4th section NFC (same pigeon in two races) 2x2nd and 2x3rd open Northwest grand national (Same two pigeons mother and son) plus scores of club and fed winners along with many other top combine and national performances including 56th open International Agen 22,000+ birds. plus 1st and 3rd open Breeder/Buyer these two pigeons winning £7,000 between thbest

I know a few lads had them in unc but outed them could not hold a candle to their hereman cuesters

you say every strain is crap tho apart from yours

no I don't Fred I only comment on what I know and I take it from the area with the strongest competition they flying them into

I'm sure those people flying that strain in the unc are really good fliers and that's what makes the difference. Anyone can have good birds and not manage to do any good with them, good fliers can have almost any breed of pigeon and get success from them. It's what the person who flies the birds can do with them that matters, anyone can claim to have the best of anything but if they don't show it through their own results they just have words and pieces of paper. The best of the best ceusters you say are up here gets destroyed most weeks by birds with no fancy pedigree. If the birds cant hold their competition in the area your in, then they cant be considered the best.

I hear good to very good reports too... A few not so kind for sure.

You know Alf Baker famously said 'You race the birds, not the owner'. when a few down cried his birds. However his birds won into national when flying in Belgium etc.

I feel that this bears good merit.

I feel the likes of John and other good flyers get the best from them in their system etc.

Was at a household name fairly recently. A very good National flyer etc.

He told me a story regards good money he paid for some birds of a certain strain. Bought direct etc.

He said I tried every thing with them... didn't do piddly dip for me. He continued via saying another named flyer was visiting and he told- him he was getting shot of them all.

The other fancier asked to try them. Ending up taking the lot. Said he never looked back winning constantly and out of turn. Go figure.

I, as I often quote, never ever call a fanciers birds I've tried. Indeed had some great ones too.

A fellow fed fancier wins well and is often top section and high up in a national organisation.

Has open loft and literally just sends to the races... He will tell one and all if asked what he expects back first or so saying 'To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea. I never do'!

Sales his birds well all over. Flies about the same system I did in later years. Deep litter and open hole.

He bred and gave me about 16 youngsters. I left as norm as y/b's to just peck about. As yearling the first time in basket mine went 150 -200 miles… I was nigh always to 6 and never ever outside top ten. I did the same with yours's John, and they did well.

He asked me, though to treat his as he would, well trained. So of course I did! Never did any good for me. After three seasons I only had one.

I believe if a bad pigeon can be improved by say 15% so can a good one, or an exceptional one. So I firmly believe that a loft needs birds of such high calibre and then get them to like and fly to your system. Also, obviously, I believe that it is the system that dictates what distance they will excel at. J.M.O.

I also believe the pigeons one brings in is only as good as the fancier is honest... and one you have a good and honest repour with.

• 4 months later...

There are a few doing ok in the North East with them, Herron & Son for one and I think it was BELL & WORMLEIGHTON who won 1st and 3rd UNC with a Frans Zwol

I had mine from Richy one he bred me won the fed this year another of the two hens I purchased for stock has bred winners upto fed level I think she has bred winners with 2 cocks so far one fvw and one lambrecht

Just wondered what family they were based on

I'm sure those people flying that strain in the unc are really good fliers and that's what makes the difference. Anyone can have good birds and not manage to do any good with them, good fliers can have almost any breed of pigeon and get success from them. It's what the person who flies the birds can do with them that matters, anyone can claim to have the best of anything but if they don't show it through their own results they just have words and pieces of paper. The best of the best ceusters you say are up here gets destroyed most weeks by birds with no fancy pedigree. If the birds cant hold their competition in the area your in, then they cant be considered the best.

Thats a fact

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2019 at 10:10 AM, john@formula 1 lofts said:

There are a few doing ok in the North East with them, Herron & Son for one and I think it was BELL & WORMLEIGHTON who won 1st and 3rd UNC with a Frans Zwol

I think there good and bad in all strains you just have to get a bit lucky and find the good ones .

by going to someone like Herron and son you cut down the risk of buying from  untested birds so it makes it easier to find the good ones