First Time Out For Youngbirds

ovy1255

Well the snows almost cleared a nd the wind not to bad so decided it was time---let old birds out and put a bath out got them settled and let my 16 young birds out ---hate this but has to be done ,they flew up and down a bit before settling down ,had them out for half an hour ,was freezing so put them away.didnt get any pics of them out but will next time.

Banged off a few pics will put them up when on laptop

Birds out with old ones again and this one took off around the houses --panic but back after 10 mins so must have dropped somewhere.

All back in and useing bobs better ,surprised how quick they learn.testing time when you want corn on them but dont want to loose control if they start acting up,quite a few opted for a bath today.

When pics go up all my young birds have red life ring and on other leg yellow telephone ring you might see an odd wing stamp on end flights ,just something i do religiously as well as one spot and a squirt under wings with johnsons as they were put into youngbird loft and my loft book amended as they are now part of the team.

post-7544-15189496956176_thumb.jpg

Well sun shining and its cold enough to freeze your ears off, had the youngbirds out during the week but only briefly when i finished work so was glad weather was ok this morning and they are full of themselves, up and off in all directions as young birds do ---trying to keep track of them was a no so after they all had a look up onto the house roof a couple of times they settled down for a nose around the garden.

Hope pics come on as trying to copy and paste useing tinypics and my tablet.

Seem to have feeding right as they want to fly a little not just like chock nobs sitting about .

I feed trapping seed in morning and as a tease when they are out and finish the day with breed and wean as much as they want on a night and remove trough every night.

All the racers are on their second set of eggs and most have hatched.

Well belgian trip next week and am looking forward to it.

Got to collect 4 young birds for a friend so am waiting of johan the market organiser to retun my email to see if i can pre order as market seems to be getting more popular with the english bus trips.