Moving Eggs

drumbo

If I do this usually I would do it at 10 days sitting,this way you know the hen will go back down on eggs straight away.

Also gives her some time to recover from laying also,(and you must think something of the hen to float her eggs )

But I have heard others take earlier.

Hope that makes sense.....

Never bothered to float eggs, except for racing purposes, but this seems to make sense. :)

Stuart you obviously know me so well as I did take a note of where all the eggs were going and despite that I couldn't find a pair and only then realised I threw them out as they were empty lol

That's an age thing Andy lol .I've done the very same thing then realised they were blank .I always have my book out in loft when I'm switching eggs .

Andy if the eggs you want are laid 4 days before the feeders lay does that not have an impact on their ability to provide crop milk

it,s a good question Andy . i cant honestly say i know the correct answer . i do make notes when doing such things , yet cant see to have noted anything relevant to it. my assumption would be , the chick is fine for 24 hours at least , maybe by then the feeding parents milk would have kicked in ??