Lanarkshire Fed Race Programme

homer jw

I can't understand why they want to go earlier makes no sense to me alot of damage could be done but get it on you won't get me saying am no happy am going with another fed because a never got my own way or am just going to jump in at the open races I support my fed good or bad

emoticon-0137-clapping.gifemoticon-0137-clapping.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand why they want to go earlier makes no sense to me alot of damage could be done but get it on you won't get me saying am no happy am going with another fed because a never got my own way or am just going to jump in at the open races I support my fed good or bad

It's mental going that early but al still send a raced every old bird race down the wild west so the east should be a peace of cake lol

The probs there is if bad weather is coming in and your sitting in sunshine all morning they have to go up at 9 to beat it or no get a race all weekend

Common sense comes in to play with a situation like that and the birds would be libbed when possible but on a clear day hold them until it heats up a bit and the percy has had its fill

Common sense comes in to play with a situation like that and the birds would be libbed when possible but on a clear day hold them until it heats up a bit and the percy has had its fill

But when you set a time on liberation without freedom of the race controller to have the last say then your just crating a problem if someone has a stinker and blames the controller for going before 11 you just can't please everyone I wonder who's head they will be looking for if this program goes peattong lol

But when you set a time on liberation without freedom of the race controller to have the last say then your just crating a problem if someone has a stinker and blames the controller for going before 11 you just can't please everyone I wonder who's head they will be looking for if this program goes peattong lol

A hear what your saying , That's very true u can never please everyone lol

A put a proposal in on Saturday for the first 5 races to be libbed on or after 11am, but it got beat 28 to 33 in the vote

in the old days of rail, the first race was liberated at1pm,of course that was when men worked, on a saturday, I mean, and the lib was an hour earlier each week.

For years the lib time was detailed in the Fed book with 2 hours floating time, the lib time stated for the early races was usually around 10:00 am which meant if bad weather was coming in the birds could be lib bed at 8:00 am if required, if not and weather was set fair for the day they went at ten

For me this is the most sensible approach and gives the controller flexibility to control the race as he sees fit

For years the lib time was detailed in the Fed book with 2 hours floating time, the lib time stated for the early races was usually around 10:00 am which meant if bad weather was coming in the birds could be lib bed at 8:00 am if required, if not and weather was set fair for the day they went at ten

For me this is the most sensible approach and gives the controller flexibility to control the race as he sees fit

Not much wrong with that

Over many years of racing pigeons in the sprint races we get far better racing if they are libbed in afternoon into our area ie central Scotland

I will have to disagree with that just look at the first yb race last year for example I think it was 1300 lib scotch corner late lib and so on I think the late lib with these plastic baskets is a no no if the temperature gets up your doos start to dehydrate that brings its own problems flying in Mr Percy and just look wot happens you have to consider every factor leading up to a bad race and these I consider to be some of the problems

I will have to disagree with that just look at the first yb race last year for example I think it was 1300 lib scotch corner late lib and so on I think the late lib with these plastic baskets is a no no if the temperature gets up your doos start to dehydrate that brings its own problems flying in Mr Percy and just look wot happens you have to consider every factor leading up to a bad race and these I consider to be some of the problems

Do they use plastic baskets in Newmains Tam, didnae know that :unsure: !!"........

they are aluminium crates old boy, and percy is up at first light and as soon as it kills then straight after it wont be as keen to go as full crop and kneads an hour or so to digest, we libed 6 times with young birds last season 98% returns

Question, If it's freezing cold at 7 am but the rain is coming in at 11 am do you think the controller would deem it to cold to liberate or would he let them go

depends on lib dunbar, berwick 8;30.9.00 but he has the say ,we voted him in and if any member dosent like his decisions he can put his name forward for the job the following year

Question, If it's freezing cold at 7 am but the rain is coming in at 11 am do you think the controller would deem it to cold to liberate or would he let them go

Imo They should be holding them as Trying to beat weather fronts can lead to disasters yes the leaders make it home but what happens to the rest of the convoy

Imo They should be holding them as Trying to beat weather fronts can lead to disasters yes the leaders make it home but what happens to the rest of the convoy

So why is it just the leaders that get home is it the same leaders every week do the ones that come later every get to the front in good days just something worth looking at I think wee all have to start looking in before wee look out mind the 98% thing

So why is it just the leaders that get home is it the same leaders every week do the ones that come later every get to the front in good days just something worth looking at I think wee all have to start looking in before wee look out mind the 98% thing

We still need to give the rest a chance to get home , a hawk strike on leader could cause them to hit trees and hide and if weather comes in they won't have a chance to home in good time , it's a hard game now but we need to give them the best possible chance