Lanarkshire Fed Race Programme Lfrp has

#41 User is offline   dms5686 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCoalburn
  • Club:Coalburn HS

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

Over many years of racing pigeons in the sprint races we get far better racing if they are libbed in afternoon into our area ie central Scotland

#42 User is offline   King billy 2 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:Newmains

Posted 14 February 2018 - 13:13 PM

View Postdms5686, on 14 February 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Over many years of racing pigeons in the sprint races we get far better racing if they are libbed in afternoon into our area ie central Scotland

I will have to disagree with that just look at the first yb race last year for example I think it was 1300 lib scotch corner late lib and so on I think the late lib with these plastic baskets is a no no if the temperature gets up your doos start to dehydrate that brings its own problems flying in Mr Percy and just look wot happens you have to consider every factor leading up to a bad race and these I consider to be some of the problems

#43 User is offline   Big Davie 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBlantyre, Lanarkshire

Posted 14 February 2018 - 20:02 PM

View PostKing billy 2, on 14 February 2018 - 13:13 PM, said:

I will have to disagree with that just look at the first yb race last year for example I think it was 1300 lib scotch corner late lib and so on I think the late lib with these plastic baskets is a no no if the temperature gets up your doos start to dehydrate that brings its own problems flying in Mr Percy and just look wot happens you have to consider every factor leading up to a bad race and these I consider to be some of the problems

Do they use plastic baskets in Newmains Tam, didnae know that :unsure: !!"........
If your not in it you cant win it

#44 User is offline   dunc50 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationkhill

Posted 14 February 2018 - 20:03 PM

View PostKing billy 2, on 14 February 2018 - 13:13 PM, said:

they are aluminium crates old boy, and percy is up at first light and as soon as it kills then straight after it wont be as keen to go as full crop and kneads an hour or so to digest, we libed 6 times with young birds last season 98% returns

#45 User is offline   airdrie2 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationairdrie

Posted 14 February 2018 - 23:12 PM

View Postjimbo54, on 14 February 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Question, If it's freezing cold at 7 am but the rain is coming in at 11 am do you think the controller would deem it to cold to liberate or would he let them go

depends on lib dunbar, berwick 8;30.9.00 but he has the say ,we voted him in and if any member dosent like his decisions he can put his name forward for the job the following year

#46 User is offline   King billy 2 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2018 - 23:54 PM

View PostBig Davie, on 14 February 2018 - 20:02 PM, said:

Do they use plastic baskets in Newmains Tam, didnae know that :unsure: !!"........
I gid son face the front

#47 User is online   Dmurray 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCoalburn
  • Club:coalburn

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:00 AM

View Postjimbo54, on 14 February 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Question, If it's freezing cold at 7 am but the rain is coming in at 11 am do you think the controller would deem it to cold to liberate or would he let them go

Imo They should be holding them as Trying to beat weather fronts can lead to disasters yes the leaders make it home but what happens to the rest of the convoy
Davie murray

#48 User is offline   Big Davie 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationBlantyre, Lanarkshire

Posted 15 February 2018 - 19:48 PM

View PostBig Davie, on 14 February 2018 - 20:02 PM, said:

View PostKing billy 2, on 14 February 2018 - 23:54 PM, said:

I gid son face the front

PMSL :emoticon-0136-giggle:
If your not in it you cant win it

#49 User is offline   King billy 2 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

View PostDmurray, on 15 February 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Imo They should be holding them as Trying to beat weather fronts can lead to disasters yes the leaders make it home but what happens to the rest of the convoy

So why is it just the leaders that get home is it the same leaders every week do the ones that come later every get to the front in good days just something worth looking at I think wee all have to start looking in before wee look out mind the 98% thing

#50 User is online   Dmurray 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationCoalburn
  • Club:coalburn

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostKing billy 2, on 16 February 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

So why is it just the leaders that get home is it the same leaders every week do the ones that come later every get to the front in good days just something worth looking at I think wee all have to start looking in before wee look out mind the 98% thing

We still need to give the rest a chance to get home , a hawk strike on leader could cause them to hit trees and hide and if weather comes in they won't have a chance to home in good time , it's a hard game now but we need to give them the best possible chance
Davie murray

#51 User is offline   lanarkshire lad 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationViewpark
  • Club:Uddingston

Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

It’s not always the leaders that get hit it’s just your luck anybody that trains pigeons in twos or threes will know that it’s not always the first ones to get let go that gets hit it can be the last group or the second group that gets it and racing on a Saturday is just the same it’s your DONALD DUCK simple as that but what I will say is I’ve trained my pigeons and a few of my club mates pigeons for a good few years now and the guys that were getting them back hawked from the tossing were mostly pigeons that are unfit and are maybe at the *expletive removed* of the batches and maybe getting picked out they peregrines can take one from the back of the batch and the rest of the doos don’t even know it’s happened.

#52 User is offline   hotrod 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationport glasgow
  • Club:duntocher and clydebank

Posted 16 February 2018 - 19:14 PM

View Postmambo, on 12 February 2018 - 22:51 PM, said:

Looks like a Glasgow fed race program, starts a bit early. and it will be cold around the ski slopes In April

Meaning what ? By a Glasgow fed program ?

#53 User is offline   mambo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:Lanarkshire

Posted 16 February 2018 - 23:08 PM

View Posthotrod, on 16 February 2018 - 19:14 PM, said:

Meaning what ? By a Glasgow fed program ?

Most of the program is what Glasgow has flown at any one time and I have no doubt will be flown again come April

#54 User is offline   tommy bhoys 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:blantyre greenfield WSCC hamilton independent SNFC SNRPC

Posted 17 February 2018 - 21:16 PM

glad we are back on the east coast only problem i see is clashing but we do have the option of friday racing totally agree with early as possible
as the weather is so changeable these days hope we all have good racing in 2018 season guys and gals :drinking-coffee-200:

#55 User is offline   hotrod 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationport glasgow
  • Club:duntocher and clydebank

Posted 18 February 2018 - 17:08 PM

View Postmambo, on 16 February 2018 - 22:08 PM, said:

Most of the program is what Glasgow has flown at any one time and I have no doubt will be flown again come April

Correct Danny . Dunbar to me is 82 miles not bad for first race and by the fourth race were over 150 miles ,nothing wrong with that . If the national clubs would put back there races for 2weeks then I'm 100% that all Feds would put their racing back 2weeks .

#56 User is offline   nagid 

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2018 - 19:48 PM

View Posttommy bhoys, on 17 February 2018 - 21:16 PM, said:

glad we are back on the east coast only problem i see is clashing but we do have the option of friday racing totally agree with early as possible
as the weather is so changeable these days hope we all have good racing in 2018 season guys and gals :drinking-coffee-200:

I what about the folk that works mate no chance for Friday racing and drivers for the transporter

#57 User is offline   mambo 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Club:Lanarkshire

Posted 21 February 2018 - 13:56 PM

Is the big Lanarkshire only setting up a race date and a start date to suit the national club,why are we not a independent federation, and if we can charge £75 a race basket, do we need any other bugger

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders