Ok Permission Granted

walterboswell59

as i have said in another post i had spent crazy money at louella buying the best jan aarden based birds that my money could buy and with hard work and a lot of planning things were coming together in building a team of long distance pigeons that could win into the west section and yes i know lots of good pigeons can be got through friendship but we are not all friends of top flyers so to better myself i had to dig deep to get the birds i thought would do the job for me provided i was ready and able to put the work in and fined them out as big money does not mean winners i had given myself 3 to 5 years to fined out what 11 grand had bought me the stock birds were already firing out club and section winners in the fed all the yearlings had been raced right to the coast about 350 miles to me and were winning from that distance but more important to me i was getting great returns from the distance races so the only way to progress now was to send them across the water with the snfc i think i had 40 or 50 two year olds all flown the coast i was sick of sending one or two birds to 500 miles and praying for a miracle and a lot of luck i was now in the position to play with the big boys and enter a good team and fined out which birds could do it and which birds were breeding them think i sent around 20 to both inland nationals with around 13 on the result among them was a wee yearling hen that was 84th section flying to a perch as her cock had went down my aim was to try them in the last national clermont 521 miles i had picked out 16 two year olds to send they had a few tosses and were sitting right most about 8 to 14 day eggs with some cocks with a yb and looking at the hen the wee yearling hen had taken up with an old stock cock and had been building a nest on the floor and was sitting two eggs i sat for hours at night open loft watching the birds come and go and noticed the wee yearling was building her nest up with twigs from the woods behind my loft back and forth up and over the fifty foot trees down for a twig and back up and over the trees into the loft all day everyday the nest was almost two foot high and falling over so i would take half away only to fined next day it was back up to falling over so i was taking half the nest away every other day i picked her up she was light as a feather keen as mustard shes going i thought to myself the pool sheet was filled out on the sunday morning before the race and i added the yearling to the bottom of the 16 two year olds that i had loaded with money as i realy fancied them but stuck 2 pound on the wee hen just incase now comes the eyesign man i had never met robert anderson but knew he was a good flyer and had judged many eyesign shows and he had asked if he could come to see my birds no problem i said and looked forward to his visit and his opinion on my birds rab came over on the sunday and we got on great nice guy i took him to the stock loft and handed him a stock cock all the birds in this loft had bred at least 3 firsts or they dont get in there for fk sake rab said what is it said i this bird has a violet eye no wonder its breeding winners i the handed him a hen fk sake this is a violet to i handed him 5 or 6 birds for fk sake ive never seen so many violets in one loft to be fair i am slightly colour blind and they just looked like big pearl eyes to me and though i was into eyesign in my youth i had come to the conclusion that eyesign was just a family thing some families have show eyes i call them but most dont and i had seen many eyesign winners that bred fk all but im always willing to listen but kept my thoughts to myself we then went to the racing loft to show him the birds that were going to clermont national on the wed as he handled them he said they were all in great condition i then told him i had just added a yearling hen to the pool sheet a long way for a yearling walter rab said i told him what i had watched her doing for the past 10 days can i see her rab said i handed him the wee hen fk sake he said what i said not another violet eye lol no this bird has a form spot you better watch this one whats a form spot i said look at the pupil see like a wee sunburst coming out from it thats a form spot said rab can you see it naw i said i can hardly see its head never mind a form spot i need to get ma good glasses on before i see it and yes i could see it when rab showed me where you better watch that bird its in super condition he said as he left well the pools are on now and ive nearly two hundred pound on the two year olds so that will have to do m8 rab wished me luck in the race and left on the monday i went to the bank and paid my national money in thinking about the wee hen but as i said the sheets were done and id already gambled to much the birds were up at clermont and the race was on it would be a hard one was the experts opinion i thought this is it there bred for it trained for it and sitting right i surely must get one if there any good after ten at night and hear theres a bird in the east and the great jock alson not far behind but its getting dark and murky now 11 oclock and nothing i was a bit sick as i thought i had done everything right at the end of the day i hear 4 brave birds make it into the west section on the night aw well up in the morning i got up at four thirty and opened the traps its pitch black and raining but you always hear of someone getting a real early one maybe it would be me i thought lol i turned the ets clock around so i could see it from inside the house as it was cold and miserable out id just watch from the house window as i made breakfast 4 55 and still dark and wet il nip up stairs for a wash and pee then il go out and sit il just check the clock incase one got in past me 4 59 on clock no birds home how many times have i seen that i thought as i went to the toilet three mins and i was looking at the clock again as i put my jacket on bird arrived 5 0 1 it said bassa i thought ones jumped on the pad trying to get out but as i looked closer it said clermont o fk ive got one it was the wee yearling hen and she was first bird timed in the morning to be 5th west section 11th open with big gareths good hen not far behind her i timed another two on the result to be 8th and 16th section and by night fall had 11 out my 17 so was well chuffed i phoned or pmd rab to tell him i timed the yearling i told ye i told ye he said and he did hope you enjoy the read guys ps is there something in eyesign i still dont know but nor does anyone else imo except rab that is lol

Edited by walterboswell59

Good read again Walter. I always enjoy your stories. Rab is a good guy. Eyesign, like a lot of others, the jury is out and may stay out, but there must be something in it when you hear stories like this. I think it just depends on the eyesign expert, because some might not be as good as others and it will be them who gets eyesign a bad name. There is a big difference between experts and enthusiasts. Great read and look forward to some more, you must have loads of stories to tell. :)

Good read again Walter. I always enjoy your stories. Rab is a good guy. Eyesign, like a lot of others, the jury is out and may stay out, but there must be something in it when you hear stories like this. I think it just depends on the eyesign expert, because some might not be as good as others and it will be them who gets eyesign a bad name. There is a big difference between experts and enthusiasts. Great read and look forward to some more, you must have loads of stories to tell. :)

very true andy the most prolific breeder in my loft sire of 15or 16 to score in the snfc and thirteen club winners five first section fed winner and what i think has a fantastic eye never gets a ticket in an eyesign show my next best breeder 7 to score in the snfc 5 1st club 4 first sections fed has no what most would call eyesign and both these cocks have bred winners with 4and5 different hens go figure to anyone who thinks they have cracked it i ask what have you won lol as i was printing the words what have you won the wife phoned to say she had just won 700 pounds at the bingo ye ha

oh i can see it coming eyesign reading by rab before a national race 20 quid :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: gid read watty :drinking-coffee-200:

well its true tommy maybe theres nothing in eyesign but maybe something in form spots the same hen went on to be 13th section 83rd open alencon the following year winning almost 800 pound and a still could not see the form spot but he deff had me looking lol

very true andy the most prolific breeder in my loft sire of 15or 16 to score in the snfc and thirteen club winners five first section fed winner and what i think has a fantastic eye never gets a ticket in an eyesign show my next best breeder 7 to score in the snfc 5 1st club 4 first sections fed has no what most would call eyesign and both these cocks have bred winners with 4and5 different hens go figure to anyone who thinks they have cracked it i ask what have you won lol as i was printing the words what have you won the wife phoned to say she had just won 700 pounds at the bingo ye ha

Shows are for winter fun, to be taken with a pinch of salt. Racing is where it counts. A true test of fancier and pigeon as a team, so long as you have the luck to avoid airborne highwaymen. :)

Shows are for winter fun, to be taken with a pinch of salt. Racing is where it counts. A true test of fancier and pigeon as a team, so long as you have the luck to avoid airborne highwaymen. :)

fun ye must be kidding andy you would think they had won the national through here when they get a show ticket lol