Snfc

OF ONE SKIN

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven the public weather forecasters (met office) had a budget of £91 million in 2015 So i would imagine they probably have the best equipment and highly trained staff. Can you answer this would you use this service to help get the best forecast for the race??

I don't know who they use Frank but I know they have third party help....i also know after loads of years that this was a poor year FOR EVERYBODY

Firstly, id like someone from the north section to be part of it as they would make sure the lib would benefit the WHOLE of Scotland.

Are you implying that a fancier of the up most respect tried to shut the kirkintilloch area of the race? Naw

I don't know who they use Frank but I know they have third party help....i also know after loads of years that this was a poor year FOR EVERYBODY

[/

I’ve been racing pigeons for nearly 50 years and this hear channel racing is the worst I can remember maybe somebody can prove me wrong?

We're you at Hastings 1983ish? 300 mile to the fechan!!! Fookin disaster? Surely you don't want to go thru the LOADS of stinkers we have had ? Diffo race controllers then?

Dal can you tell me when the last good race the snfc had from the gold cup??

Alencon 2010 maybe? You must excuse my dates/years as that's not my thing

Steven if you were in charge of race control for the SNFC would you ask for Met office help with weather forecasting??

100%

The last good race as fR as I am concerned 2008 from Alencon it was a midday liberation and all the west section positions were won within TWO hours of the first pigeon FOOD FOR THOUGHT regarding midday libs.

Surely your not suggesting 550miles should be a two day job??? If so that's the end for me

I for one dont put any blame on Race Controllers as they are only working on any information from a third party and have to put their faith in them. What I will say is that when I was Race Controlling I insisted that the convoyer was a pigeon man as he knew how to look after them and when the birds were wanting released. Perhaps this is where the problem lies. All fanciers that I know can tell when birds can be liberated just by looking at the sky and take cloud cover with wind speed as an indication of good returns something an ordinary layman is impossible of doing.

I for one dont put any blame on Race Controllers as they are only working on any information from a third party and have to put their faith in them. What I will say is that when I was Race Controlling I insisted that the convoyer was a pigeon man as he knew how to look after them and when the birds were wanting released. Perhaps this is where the problem lies. All fanciers that I know can tell when birds can be liberated just by looking at the sky and take cloud cover with wind speed as an indication of good returns something an ordinary layman is impossible of doing.

Away and chase yersel McIntosh.... Mr White is a fancier beyond your dreams and a gentleman to boot . still deemed unfit by the SNFC lol

What was the distance into the Solway or South section last time it was flown from Leige ???

480ish no about distance

Aye because they have peregrine infested hills to come through and the pigeons know that !

Nae peregrines in the cumbrian hills?