-----------

SEASON 1977 1900 IS NOW 2YO

GARSTANG 11/12 HOME SHE WAS 6TH

BAMBER BRIDGE 29/31 SHE WAS 10TH

APPLETON 17/20 SHE WAS 8TH

PENKRIDGE 23/25 SHE WAS 4TH

REDDITCH 15/16 SHE WAS 2ND HOME 9TH CLUB

CHELTENHAM 21/24 SHE WAS 1ST BIRD 2ND CLUB

SNFC FALAISE 1/2 SHE WAS 1ST HOME LIBERATED 06-15 TIMED HER AT 17-46-16 ALL SECTION PRIZES TAKEN

---------

SEASON 1978 1900 IS NOW 3YO

GARSTANG 17/23 SHE WAS 10TH

BAMBER BRIDGE 16/20 SHE WAS 7TH

APPLETON 16/17 SHE WAS 12TH

REDDITCH 20/22 SHE WAS 3RD HOME 8TH CLUB

CHELTENHAM 18/20 SHE WAS 1ST HOME 2ND CLUB

SNFC RENNES 1ST HOME LIB 06-00 NW WIND TIMED 20-40-41 16TH SECTION 66TH OPEN 7,298 BIRDS VEL 995

------

SEASON 1979 ,1900 IS NOW 4YO

BAMBER BRIDGE 17/22 SHE WAS 12TH HOME

APPLETON 15/17 SHE WAS 2ND HOME 7TH CLUB

STAFFORD 6/6 SHE WAS 1ST HOME 8TH CLUB

REDDITCH 15/20 SHE WAS 2ND HOME 6TH CLUB

CHELTENHAM 9/10 SHE WAS 1ST HOME 2ND CLUB

SNFC RENNES 6/9 SHE WAS 2ND HOME LIB 05-45 NW WIND TIMED AT 22-12-49 8TH SECTION 31ST OPEN 7,268 BIRDS VEL-887

----

SEASON 1980 ,1900 IS NOW 5YO

BAMBER BRIDGE 23/25 HOME SHE WAS 2ND HOME, 9TH CLUB

APPLETON 21/24 SHE WAS 12TH

STAFFORD 12/12 SHE WAS 5TH

REDDITCH 15/19 SHE WAS 10TH

CHELTENHAM 15/18 SHE WAS 3RD HOME

SNFC RENNES- 8 HOME SHE WAS 2ND HOME BEATEN BY HER YOUNGER BROTHER LIBERATED 05-45 NW WIND TIMED HER AT 21-05

68TH SECTION 334TH OPEN 7,359 BIRDS VELOCITY 952

------

SHE WAS THEN RETIRED

A DAUGHTER WON 1ST FED AS A YB AND LIVED TO 22 YEARS

A SON OF THE ABOVE WAS LOST OF THE LOFT AT 18 YO

HIS YOUNG ARE STILL IN THE LOFT TODAY

------

HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING ABOUT 1900

These were the great days of the SNFC, sending 7000 to Rennes and nearly 2000 to Nantes. Still remember them well, leaving the house at 04.00 and doing the Carter Bar run every day for 10 days before the birds main race. In these days it was like a convoy of pigeon guys training at that time in the morning, started off with the late Bobby Carruthers and even Jim Sanderson trained in these days winning Nantes twice. As you said Mike we usually got the birds home from the channel as long as they were good enough,sometimes with 100% on the night from Sartilly and Rennes if not by next morning. Like your hen, they were all good birds. Wish I had some off them know.

was a great read Mick , thanks for sharing . what family or lines was 1900 ?

Hi Andy

Regarding the Breeding of 1900

When I started as a 14yo in 1972 I was gifted pigeons from my cousin Ben Scott of Brydekirk near Annan and other fanciers from the same village ,Ben was the first loft in Scotland to win 3 gold awards ,I travelled down from Wamphray on a Sunday with my mother father and two uncles one of which was the only one who owned a Car ,We had tea with all the Scott Family and I was taken by Ben to the Pigeon Club on a Sunday night for the weekly tot draw they ran for club funds ,Remember all the feeding for club members big log fire burning and cups of tea Didn't realise then but I was amongst Legends .

Ben when finished breeding for the season used to still use youngsters for his birds to race to and when they were feathering and I was able to see their colour I then put rings on my fancy (Was a struggle but I got there )

It was the same line as Sheila one of his gold award winners (A picture is actually in this weeks RP under Billy Wortley's Solway Sounds)

Paired to a Gift hen from Jim Souter of Brydekirk That Produced 1900 's Dam A Beautiful light blue cheq her nest mate was also a hen if memory serves me correctly their numbers were SU73S10079 And SU73S10080 ,They had the most outstanding pearl eyes ,I have never came across the like ever since .

The sire of 1900 was a stunning blue cock which was also gifted to me ,Our house at Wamphray ran adjacent to the main London to Glasgow Railway line and in 1972 it was being electrified A Railwayman that was working on the job asked if he could climb over into our garden and view the birds and took away two rings which he said he would attach legs to them (I will never forget that ) As we had no transport to collect them the year just passed by ,The following year he called again whilst working on the railway and took another two rings away this time My uncle took my mother and I and our neighbour up to collect them

We arrived on the allotment in Lanark at the loft of Robert Todd and Son it was Robert jnr who had collected the rings

He handed me the two youngsters and then gave me a hold of a blue cock that had my ring on from the previous year and said it had been trained but if I wanted to take it home it would be of the understanding that if it returned to Lanark it would be transferred

Davy our neighbour who had raced pigeons previously nearly broke my ankle when telling me to accept the offer lol

We settled the yearling cock sure his ring number was SU73S10073 and he was paired to 10079

His breeding was from McIvor brothers Carnwath's famous Tinto Goldmine sure it scored from the channel on at least 8 occasions

Those pair sure were a goldmine for me

When I highlighted 1900 at yearling stage and she was first bird from first two races she was sitting overdue then on a wee youngster ,as I had all that recorded it wasn't rocket science how to set her up

She then went to all three Rennes nationals on a chipping egg or one day old chick ,1900 had eleven flights on both wings and on all three occasions that she went to Rennes her first flight was only half up and she threw both seconds prior to basketing that I still regard as Super form to this present Day ,If you also notice she only went to Cheltenham 238 mls to Wamphray then 2 weeks complete rest apart from one 60mls toss from Shap on the Sunday prior to basketing Tuesday then into Rennes 500 mls that is also something I stick to this day 2 weeks complete just something I was taught by the Legends of Brydekirk

You Could say Andy Fate Fact And Fortune as I bought my first half decent car with the winnings for a young lad earning £30 a week to win 300 plus was life changing ,bought my mother our first ever fridge lol

Atb Mick

Hi Andy

Regarding the Breeding of 1900

When I started as a 14yo in 1972 I was gifted pigeons from my cousin Ben Scott of Brydekirk near Annan and other fanciers from the same village ,Ben was the first loft in Scotland to win 3 gold awards ,I travelled down from Wamphray on a Sunday with my mother father and two uncles one of which was the only one who owned a Car ,We had tea with all the Scott Family and I was taken by Ben to the Pigeon Club on a Sunday night for the weekly tot draw they ran for club funds ,Remember all the feeding for club members big log fire burning and cups of tea Didn't realise then but I was amongst Legends .

Ben when finished breeding for the season used to still use youngsters for his birds to race to and when they were feathering and I was able to see their colour I then put rings on my fancy (Was a struggle but I got there )

It was the same line as Sheila one of his gold award winners (A picture is actually in this weeks RP under Billy Wortley's Solway Sounds)

Paired to a Gift hen from Jim Souter of Brydekirk That Produced 1900 's Dam A Beautiful light blue cheq her nest mate was also a hen if memory serves me correctly their numbers were SU73S10079 And SU73S10080 ,They had the most outstanding pearl eyes ,I have never came across the like ever since .

The sire of 1900 was a stunning blue cock which was also gifted to me ,Our house at Wamphray ran adjacent to the main London to Glasgow Railway line and in 1972 it was being electrified A Railwayman that was working on the job asked if he could climb over into our garden and view the birds and took away two rings which he said he would attach legs to them (I will never forget that ) As we had no transport to collect them the year just passed by ,The following year he called again whilst working on the railway and took another two rings away this time My uncle took my mother and I and our neighbour up to collect them

We arrived on the allotment in Lanark at the loft of Robert Todd and Son it was Robert jnr who had collected the rings

He handed me the two youngsters and then gave me a hold of a blue cock that had my ring on from the previous year and said it had been trained but if I wanted to take it home it would be of the understanding that if it returned to Lanark it would be transferred

Davy our neighbour who had raced pigeons previously nearly broke my ankle when telling me to accept the offer lol

We settled the yearling cock sure his ring number was SU73S10073 and he was paired to 10079

His breeding was from McIvor brothers Carnwath's famous Tinto Goldmine sure it scored from the channel on at least 8 occasions

Those pair sure were a goldmine for me

When I highlighted 1900 at yearling stage and she was first bird from first two races she was sitting overdue then on a wee youngster ,as I had all that recorded it wasn't rocket science how to set her up

She then went to all three Rennes nationals on a chipping egg or one day old chick ,1900 had eleven flights on both wings and on all three occasions that she went to Rennes her first flight was only half up and she threw both seconds prior to basketing that I still regard as Super form to this present Day ,If you also notice she only went to Cheltenham 238 mls to Wamphray then 2 weeks complete rest apart from one 60mls toss from Shap on the Sunday prior to basketing Tuesday then into Rennes 500 mls that is also something I stick to this day 2 weeks complete just something I was taught by the Legends of Brydekirk

You Could say Andy Fate Fact And Fortune as I bought my first half decent car with the winnings for a young lad earning £30 a week to win 300 plus was life changing ,bought my mother our first ever fridge lol

Atb Mick

thats brilliant Mick , another great read , lots of detail from the glory days eh :emoticon-0137-clapping: