Free Roller Pigeons,Connecticut

RoosterBoy

I started out with the wrong breed Pigeons,they are 1 year old, I am getting rid of them because they are Black, I hate the color black and want some better Pigeons.

I rushed into getting birds. They are in great shape. I am looking for some White or Yellow birds, I will be willing to even trade. I may have to dump these at the local park,but will try to find anyone that wants them here first, I have 21 Black Roller Pigeons here, if they were white I would keep them,I just hate Black!

They were from a Roller Breeder in Connecticut, when they arrived I thought they be mixed colors, but most all are blaxk with white tiped wings. I feel black birds are more aggressive and mean than light color birds.

I will be letting them loose on Saturday if no one wants them

Thanks Jason

roosterboy,,,,,that is not a nice thing to do to poor defenceless birds,worse to put it on here where REAL genuine pigeon men read it,also other animal poeple can see,,,,,a person like you gives the sport of pigeon keeping a real bad name,you may live in USA,but,do not come on PIGEONBASICS with your story of releasing birds to defend for themselves,i and i am sure many others on here are disgusted with your behaviour and attitude,pigeons of any breed deserve a life,,,,,,,ted   ps,i will not argue on this,so,dont try to tell me otherwise,CRUEL,VERY CRUEL AND CALLOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I offended anyone,The breeder agree to take them back today,I will be shipping them back in the origional create. I will be going to some show in Connecticut this Septmeber were I can pick out me own.

The was a important learning experience for me , I am new at this hobbie,sometimes its best not to rush into buying birds unless you know the

Breeder and see the birds first hand.

Thanks Jason

Don't let Fancy Fanny russel your tail feathers ! He is just over emotional Roosterboy.

Take it from me Pigeons are just like gold fish.My advise ,fly the black ones first,they will train the good ones,if you loose a few no big loss.I myself like the colorful ones too.

Sounds like the Breader dump you with the ugly duckling, be careful before you buy.

Remember health of the Birds are just as important as their color.

Good Luck  PigeonMaster

roosterboy,,,,,that is not a nice thing to do to poor defenceless birds,worse to put it on here where REAL genuine pigeon men read it,also other animal poeple can see,,,,,a person like you gives the sport of pigeon keeping a real bad name,you may live in USA,but,do not come on PIGEONBASICS with your story of releasing birds to defend for themselves,i and i am sure many others on here are disgusted with your behaviour and attitude,pigeons of any breed deserve a life,,,,,,,ted   ps,i will not argue on this,so,dont try to tell me otherwise,CRUEL,VERY CRUEL AND CALLOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up Fancy Fanny , you frighten away our new members. Roosterboy got ripped

off by a breader dumping pigeons that will not sell,it happens all the time,they keep

the good ones and dump the rest on to suckers, I have done this myself on several

occasions. I am lucky to get about a 10% chance of getting a good flying pigeon even from my own stock. The rest I need to sell off any way i can. Thats what happened to

the Roosterboy.

Be nice PigeonMaster

Thanks for the advice Pigeonmaster , I shipped back 4 of them, They were pecking

the feathers off the heads of the other birds. After seeing this happen over and

over again I could not allow it to continue.

Two of the hens were almost completely bald on top of their heads. The breeder made

a joke and said they are tring to make the eggs pop out by wacking in their heads, this made me very upset. I felt sorry for the poor hens. I hope the feathers grow back

soon . I never seen something so cruel happen between pigeons.

I did not like the fact he slipped me extra pigeons since I have only so much room,

I keeping it at one Pigeon for every 2 square Feet.

Sorry if I made a angry statement in the beginning of this post, I was so upset

that day ,and the breeder did not want them back. Anyway he got 4 of them weather

he likes it or not.

I am sure I will never have birds pecking in the heads of other birds for no reason,

they must have been mean Pigeons or something wrong in their breeding.

no need to be sorry roosterboy,now i know the story,the hens that are being pecked by cockbird are being driven to nest to lay,,,,,as the hen cant get away,the cock is showing her he is boss,,,,,,,,the breeder who said those statements is stupid,if you want advice,got a problem or anything about pigeons,,,,let us know,we try our best on here to help,,,,ted

Hello Fancy Fancier ,the hen is doing better now ,but I was told it could happen again

by onther pigeon . I guess if they don't lay eggs they will be pick on .

I have a small pen set up for quarteen , if she is picked on I might have to put her in there,till I can find her a good home.

I am set up small here and only have one large pen , next year I will have two, it cost

alot just to build a nice pen.

Still have alot to learn,I spend 6 hours a day sitting near then enjoying the chatter but it still alot of work, I been feeding them too much and I must make myself put them on the right amount even if it is eaten quickly, I let them eat all they want but I got to stop that and give them a measured amount. Just wanted them to enjoy their new home.

Talk to you soon

Jason