Aberdeen Fed

Froog

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is North Fed will be offering to convoy Aberdeen from the English Racepoints. Makes sense in many ways...costs etc, so who would decide yes or no? would it be the race committee or the general members?

FRED

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE RACE COMMITTEE

HOW MAKE UP THE PROGRAM AND HOW WE GO WITH AND WHICH RACES TO GO TO

:drinking-coffee-200:

Edited by KEVIN ELLIOTT

Word is North Fed will be offering to convoy Aberdeen from the English Racepoints. Makes sense in many ways...costs etc, so who would decide yes or no? would it be the race committee or the general members?

Besides the cost what other way would it make sense Fred, in my opinion none.

Besides the cost what other way would it make sense Fred, in my opinion none.

cost is the main point I think, but could make it a combine race also? 10 years from now we will be racing out the back of a transit van unless we can attract new members to the hobby.

cost is the main point I think, but could make it a combine race also? 10 years from now we will be racing out the back of a transit van unless we can attract new members to the hobby.

Unless things have changed from my time as Fed sec the North Fed do not want a Combine result.

Unless things have changed from my time as Fed sec the North Fed do not want a Combine result.

In my time in the doos and a member of the North Fed this is the first time I have heard anything about a combine result. I for one would be all for it and am pretty sure that along with myself a lot of our Feds fanciers have never even heard of a combine result being put before us but now is maybe the right time to get it off the ground it's a no brainier in my eyes.

If youd stop beating them Willie, they might change their minds

.?????

In my time in the doos and a member of the North Fed this is the first time I have heard anything about a combine result. I for one would be all for it and am pretty sure that along with myself a lot of our Feds fanciers have never even heard of a combine result being put before us but now is maybe the right time to get it off the ground it's a no brainier in my eyes.

In my eyes too, but seems powers that be don't want it? seems incredible to me, but I only stated back in doos a year ago, so don't know the history :drinking-coffee-200:

FRED

IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE RACE COMMITTEE

HOW MAKE UP THE PROGRAM AND HOW WE GO WITH AND WHICH RACES TO GO TO

:drinking-coffee-200:

kevin the decision who to go with is made by the members

usually at the AGM as it stands the last time it was voted on in my memory was that we would

try and go with the snfc and the north fed ( ian McKay was the president at the time )

this may have been changed as ive not been to the agm the last couple of years

but the race committees job is to try and fit in races following these guidelines

I think the last time we had a combine race mike shirran won it

usually at the AGM as it stands the last time it was voted on in my memory was that we would

try and go with the snfc and the north fed ( ian McKay was the president at the time )

but the race committees job is to try and fit in races following these guidelines MAY BE SO DAVIE BUT THAY MAKE UP RACE PROGRAMME

AND WHAT THAY SAY STANDS JUST LOOK AT THE YB RACES THERE WAS 3 THORNTONS RIGHT AT THE START THAY WULD NOT CHANGE ONE OF THEM

IT WAS ONLY BY LUCK THE 1ST ONE WAS CANCELD DUE TO WEATHER

ANYWAY WHAT EVER THAY DECIDE I WILL GO WITH IT I ONLY WANT TO RACE MY BIRDS LIKE MOST DAVIE

[/quote NO HE DID NOT IT WAS THE ELLIOTT,BROS

Years ago there was a Grampian Combine but what i think stopped it was when they took in Dundee to race in it IMO transporting and having combine result is a good idea but keeping it between Aberdeen & North of Scotland fed ,by the way when it split up i am led to believe all trophies stayed with Dundee fed ,this is just what i remember other guys might know more.

Years ago there was a Grampian Combine but what i think stopped it was when they took in Dundee to race in it IMO transporting and having combine result is a good idea but keeping it between Aberdeen & North of Scotland fed ,by the way when it split up i am led to believe all trophies stayed with Dundee fed ,this is just what i remember other guys might know more.

Yes you are quite right as far as Aberdeen Fed were concerned i was at the last Grampian Combine meeting for Aberdeen along with Ian McKay and by that time Dundee had taken over the show. It was either their way or no way, and that was the end for us.

Funny how organisations can start something and end up getting bombed out.

What was the first feds in the grampian combine? It was before my time I often wondered what happened. There will Come a time that we will have to join up again as the membership continues to dwindle. I'm pretty sure at our agm it was decided that as long as there was room on the lorry we would convoy Aberdeen doos for any race point.

What was the first feds in the grampian combine? It was before my time I often wondered what happened. There will Come a time that we will have to join up again as the membership continues to dwindle. I'm pretty sure at our agm it was decided that as long as there was room on the lorry we would convoy Aberdeen doos for any race point.

The Grampian Combine was started up by the North of Scotland Fed and Aberdeen Fed.

sorry should of said offer convoy facilities provided there was space on lorry

The Grampian Combine was started up by the North of Scotland Fed and Aberdeen Fed.

What about the lads further north were they ever in it?

There still is.

sorry should of said offer convoy facilities provided there was space on lorry

What about the lads further north were they ever in it?

Don't think so but not sure. we used to use our transporters time about. Think Ally Sim was the first President.

Going back to what was said at your agm, would not like to think that Aberdeen would make up a race programme with race points on the presumption that there MIGHT be room on a transporter for us.

but the race committees job is to try and fit in races following these guidelines MAY BE SO DAVIE BUT THAY MAKE UP RACE PROGRAMME

AND WHAT THAY SAY STANDS JUST LOOK AT THE YB RACES THERE WAS 3 THORNTONS RIGHT AT THE START THAY WULD NOT CHANGE ONE OF THEM

IT WAS ONLY BY LUCK THE 1ST ONE WAS CANCELD DUE TO WEATHER

ANYWAY WHAT EVER THAY DECIDE I WILL GO WITH IT I ONLY WANT TO RACE MY BIRDS LIKE MOST DAVIE

[/quote NO HE DID NOT IT WAS THE ELLIOTT,BROS

you are correct they make up the program , but they are supposed to follow the AGM guidelines

EG if AGM decision was to only go with either the national or north fed then they cant decide to do otherwise

the combine I was reffering to was the last time when it was only N,O,S, FED and ABERDEEN FED :drinking-coffee-200: :drinking-coffee-200:

Yes you are quite right as far as Aberdeen Fed were concerned i was at the last Grampian Combine meeting for Aberdeen along with Ian McKay and by that time Dundee had taken over the show. It was either their way or no way, and that was the end for us.

Funny how organisations can start something and end up getting bombed out.

The Grampian Combine was a great success set up by Ally Sim Inverurie a good idea and it worked well TILL ally on his own thoughts for some reason suggested we invite the Dundee clubs to liberate with us for more BIRDSAGE and we were all for it UNTILL we found out AFTER THE FIRST liberation we were Flying AGAINST the Dundee fanciers and oor ars was oot the window for the results . I remember speaking to Bruce McKenzie Dundee years after who ran it after we all backed out about giving us back the cups we had got from sponsers and donations and his reply was we had more chance of being struck wi lightning than them being returned

So Dundee and who else forms the Grampian combine now? and do you think a combine of North and Aberdeen feds could work again? to me it seems the logical way forward with a hobby that has a fast dwindling membership.

Dundee clubs are the only fanciers competing and they are nae near the gramps

the Grampian combine was set up by AJ Sim who asked ABERDEEN DUNDEE ANGUS these where the member feds the first meeting with all feds was in Forfar with A J Sim G McBain and me from the NORTH FED it was a great thing with sect and open pools and prizes like all good things members in the north fed and other feds done every thing they could to destroy it the North Fed dropped out through members wanting out some things never change with pigeons