Widowhood System

Hi peeps need advice I’m pairing up Pigeons on January/February time now I got widowhood nestboxes only downside is hens are kept in another loft as the cock section don’t have divider, to motivate the cocks do I let out the hens outside and try trap them to the cocks loft? Or do I have to catch hens all the time and put them in with the cocks. I know you close them in the nestboxes for 15mins to 30 mins then remove cocks for basketing during racing season but I like to race both sexes it’s all too confusing for me lol. Looking forward to new season

We did this system when we first started widowhood /roundabout system, after breeding in the main loft was complete we would move the hens into there own loft and trap them back into it again all week, on the Friday we would let the hens out and trap to the cocks loft and on return from the race they would trap into the main cock loft again, once separated, fly back into hen loft and repeat. Also when the hens are out make sure the cocks can't see out or the hens see the cocks, good luck.

We did this system when we first started widowhood /roundabout system, after breeding in the main loft was complete we would move the hens into there own loft and trap them back into it again all week, on the Friday we would let the hens out and trap to the cocks loft and on return from the race they would trap into the main cock loft again, once separated, fly back into hen loft and repeat. Also when the hens are out make sure the cocks can't see out or the hens see the cocks, good luck.

This system works well.

Also I’m keeping my stock Pigeon in the other loft than the main breeding one, can stock Pigeon be mixed sex or have they to be seperated? Also I’m due to vaccinate them, now the racing ones are important to get done but stock? Also I have 2 year olds and some yearlings that was done June last year will I have to do them and I got new yearlings that are not done. So confusing but I want to get them all vaccinated for the season coming and when there’s babies in 2018 I will get them done before YB season

No probs it’s a 80 dose so that’s plenty

Be careful with Nobilis vaccine. It gives instructions regarding accidental injection. It is quite a viscous vaccine, so it will work better in a 5ml syringe. They do not supply them with it, so if you have to use the syringe they send try to vaccine them indoors where it is a bit warmer, if you are doing it at this time of year. Hopefully your club members performing the task will be experienced enough. :)

I see you are suppsed to inject into the loose skin between leg and pigeons side ,i have tried it myself and found i couldnt see the skin for feathers maybe if you soaked the doo it might work but i will stick to help and in the back of the neck.