Winter Flying

sapper756

Out every day weather permitting,wish they raced the sky during racing season like they do now.Will have to change my system ??

I wonder if its because we interfere too much when racing with our the fanciers regime ,ie out morning then night train then not now ,set routines ,special feeds,amounts of feeds ,weight of corn per bird it goes on and on ,for byes the winter water and feed and just let them out ,my doos are the same in winter just bouncin and i hardly look near them ,yer not the only one thinking about changing things believe me.

always did, always, snow etc. Never hurt them none. If anything made them more hardy and better for distance and hard races.

Then in Canada at mates he kept his in all winter. He did more than well winning his share. Did for a couple of seasons... Now open loft all year round... if not out in an aviary. Not good for 'Shows' etc. unless bringing them into the house in front of the radiators for a week or so lol. I tend to watch the wild birds and what they are up to. Sometimes I don't open if East in wind, or a 'Still' day / Night where and when nothing moves. But they still have the aviary to sit in.

If I was interested in short or Wind bag races though I'd keep them in in the winter ... and only allow aviary on warm sunny days I guess.

Heard many a time lads sayin in the off season “My Doo’s a bouncin “ or “they’re tearing up the sky†but come the time when it really matters they’re nowhere to be seen ?? Each to their own if you manage to let yer Doo’s oot in winter time or shut them up but I think it make no difference at all come racing season

Heard many a time lads sayin in the off season “My Doo’s a bouncin “ or “they’re tearing up the sky†but come the time when it really matters they’re nowhere to be seen ?? Each to their own if you manage to let yer Doo’s oot in winter time or shut them up but I think it make no difference at all come racing season

Agree 100% winter form counts for nothing. I have some latebreds that are out whenever i get a chance. I like to get the race team out for a bath but thats about it.

Snipes flying over the roofs on there way out tae the country for grains . Morning noon and early evening daily in all weather's . Only the UN healthy or in firm fall to the hawk. Same we domestic birds if out regular they soon get wise to the signs of the wild birds when hawks about.

Snipes flying over the roofs on there way out tae the country for grains . Morning noon and early evening daily in all weather's . Only the UN healthy or in firm fall to the hawk. Same we domestic birds if out regular they soon get wise to the signs of the wild birds when hawks about.

dream on what a load of pxss the hawk only wants a kill :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: