Shu

Kyleakin Lofts

As far as I am aware they are. I received a copy of the accounts and AGM agenda, possibly because I'm a Fed Sec and / or Delegate. I also received notice that this was on the website.

I shall ask for future knowledge, just how this event is intimated to the members. :)

As far as I am aware they are. I received a copy of the accounts and AGM agenda, possibly because I'm a Fed Sec and / or Delegate. I also received notice that this was on the website.

I shall ask for future knowledge, just how this event is intimated to the members. :)

never ever had a balance sheet or notification of if since coming into pigeons.

The SHU balance sheet for the year 2017 and the agenda and notification of the 2017 AGM are freely available on the SHU web site to any fancier who has notified his e mail address to the organisation.Maybe not perfect but certainly not secretive as is being alleged.Only a handful of members bothered to attend today's AGM.

I will tell you that I do not make a 135 mile round trip in the middle of winter to be a f****** nodding dog

Same here but make it 170 miles. Encouraging to see 3 members at the AGM other than delegates. Approximately 1 more than usual.

To be fair, I think all the Delegates are well aware of the current state of the Scottish fancy and are actively looking at ways to improve the situation for those who are still active within it.

I am not happy at the sole method of communication since probably very few will have computer facilities or use them regularly.

For me, there are two main points to be improved. The first and main one is the cost to the fancier. Whilst looking at cost cutting methods, we must remain effective in our management and administration of the fancy. Mail costs are a massive expense, so I partly understand the method of placing the information on our website and leaving it up to the fancier to print it for themselves, but it appears this is ineffective. To mail everyone will be expensive, so a balance must be found. Think of a pie. The more people sharing reduces the size of the slice they receive. Bringing me to point two, how to increase our membership to assist with cutting costs.

Neither of these points are easy to solve. :)

Tommy,I have been trying to combat apathy in the administration of pigeon racing in Scotland for years with an astounding lack of success.The few members that attended our AGM today is nothing short of a disgrace. But I have always stood against secrecy and furtiveness in our dealings.In conclusion I can tell you I would like nothing more to be replaced by someone younger but there is a definite shortage of volunteers.

I will tell you that I do not make a 135 mile round trip in the middle of winter to be a f****** nodding dog

Walter, I never called you a nodding dog as I know you volunteer your opinions regularly when at these meetings, its the ones that appear and say and do fk all to move our sport forward, that irritate me. Ive said it before, I think Tommy and Andy are a breath of fresh air for the SHU and I know both will endeavour to help the fancy out regardless of what flack is thrown at them.

never been notified of an SHU agm or agenda before .

The SHU balance sheet for the year 2017 and the agenda and notification of the 2017 AGM are freely available on the SHU web site to any fancier who has notified his e mail address to the organisation.Maybe not perfect but certainly not secretive as is being alleged.Only a handful of members bothered to attend today's AGM.

maby only a few were in on it .

maby only a few were in on it or in the know

Thats what your there for Tommy, most just sit like *expletive removed* nodding dogs

Derek I hope you are not including calling me a nodding dog . I have for more years than I care to remember try to bring Scottish Pigeon Racing into the modern world, fought for rights of SHU members at meetings, spent endless hours helping to organize various things through the SHU to take Scottish Pigeon Racing forward. The President is always willing to listen to any sensible recommendations put forward and if more SHU members would take an interest in Pigeon Racing in Scotland and try to get on to the SHU committee and come to the meetings.( By the way - I don't think I have missed a meeting or not voiced my opinion at a meeting for tens of years.)

To be fair, I think all the Delegates are well aware of the current state of the Scottish fancy and are actively looking at ways to improve the situation for those who are still active within it.

I am not happy at the sole method of communication since probably very few will have computer facilities or use them regularly.

For me, there are two main points to be improved. The first and main one is the cost to the fancier. Whilst looking at cost cutting methods, we must remain effective in our management and administration of the fancy. Mail costs are a massive expense, so I partly understand the method of placing the information on our website and leaving it up to the fancier to print it for themselves, but it appears this is ineffective. To mail everyone will be expensive, so a balance must be found. Think of a pie. The more people sharing reduces the size of the slice they receive. Bringing me to point two, how to increase our membership to assist with cutting costs.

Neither of these points are easy to solve. :)

cost cutting Andy that's 1 big p*ss take look whats being paid in wages 1 on a 20 hr week is more than enough when cutting costs the first thing looked at is wages and employees