Change Of Feeding And Medication,

THE FIFER

Birds are still moulting - I don't even think the old racers are through the moult yet - just the stock

So no medication either - just supplements - might try them on Wheatgerm oil this year - we've purchased two rather old stock cocks in the last few weeks - but didn't pay much for them (they're 9 and 10 years old) - so along as we get a pair of youngsters each from them we will have had our money's worth

PS - They're red cheqs :drinking-coffee-200:

Birds out from dawn till dusk an fed when I get home from work at 4 they eat as much as they want of equal parts racing, marathon an turbo an 2 parts start. Only wormed them nothing else till 3 weeks before racing. Stock birds on start now getting treated with all in one for breeding starting in 3 weeks

hope to get every bird in the loft vacinated at the weekend treated for canker and cocci still feeding a high protein mix as most birds are on there end flight will be on barley in the next week or two sprayed inside the loft roof last month with cresote and not had a fly in since so will spray again just before racing starts as its the only thing ive tried to keep flys out the loft that has worked and also a nice smell in the loft like i will be honest and say like many fanciers i have not vacinated my stock birds for a few years as they are prisoners and kept separate from my racers but as this has been my worse year with not long separated youngbirds getting sick and being culled and after studying my breeding books have discovered 99 percent of them were bred from un vacinated stock birds is it just coincidence or am i on to something all the stock birds will be done this year and ill keep you guys informed

Edited by walterboswell59

Feeding a moulting mix and some Hormoform. Most are through the moult, except for a few on their last flight and some late breds. Soon change to a winter mix or add some barley. Just garlic in the water two days, ACV two days, clear water the others. They have been treated / vaccinated against Paratyphoid and are due their PMV booster soon.

Tests will be sent before breeding. :)

at this time of year what are your feeding methods (do you change food and methods) and any medication,

My mix at the moment is two parts green peas and one part wheat, this years crop.They are on parastop as well in the water, its a ten day treatment but you can take it to 14 days. I do it if there

is some left in the tub after the ten days.

All through the moult birds are fed the very best of the high fat mixes

Now that the moult has finished their once per day intake has been reduced by 30 to 40%

With 40% of that now being high in carbohydrates

All will be vaccinated by xmas

Just Water in drinkers