Robin In The Snow

Ian McKay

Aye its nice to see the robin ,i wonder if its the same one that comes to us every year ,wife thinks it is ,we get a wren or two as well ,had the sparrow hawk pin down a doo on Tuesday but the neighbour spotted it and scared it away ,he said it was small probably the cock as hen disappeared start of year.

I haven't seen a robin so far this month - I am a member of a facebook group - YORKSHIRE BIRDS AND BIRDERS - the photographs are amazing

It's the first time I have ever seen a mandarin duck - what a colourful one it is. Lovely photos if you ever go on facebook, I think it is an open group - so you can just go on the page and look at the photographs

Nice little video Marlene

I've seen two quite regularly around the feeders. Also very tame. I've been watching sparrows over the last few months taking fluff and feathers into the three nest box's we've got on the drain pipes. Couple of days ago I counted 9 leaving in the morning from one. And 4 wrens going into and leaving the smaller box out front . Is this common? As I've never noticed it before ?

Aye its nice to see the robin ,i wonder if its the same one that comes to us every year ,wife thinks it is ,we get a wren or two as well ,had the sparrow hawk pin down a doo on Tuesday but the neighbour spotted it and scared it away ,he said it was small probably the cock as hen disappeared start of year.

I do like to think the same robins come back and visit. Glad your doo was saved!

I haven't seen a robin so far this month - I am a member of a facebook group - YORKSHIRE BIRDS AND BIRDERS - the photographs are amazing

It's the first time I have ever seen a mandarin duck - what a colourful one it is. Lovely photos if you ever go on facebook, I think it is an open group - so you can just go on the page and look at the photographs

Nice little video Marlene

My first one came in August and I have zillions of photos of them. I shall investigate that group and thank you.

I've seen two quite regularly around the feeders. Also very tame. I've been watching sparrows over the last few months taking fluff and feathers into the three nest box's we've got on the drain pipes. Couple of days ago I counted 9 leaving in the morning from one. And 4 wrens going into and leaving the smaller box out front . Is this common? As I've never noticed it before ?

I haven't seen any sparrows taking nesting material recently. I put out the fluff from the tumble drier and they love that! Lucky you having tame robins and also 4 wrens. Very rarely do we see a wren.

Yes it's quite common for some species to share roosts in the Winter months, I remember someone counting in double figures Wrens leaving an old nest, they build domed nests so must be very snug in there emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Robins stay with us all year round in fact we have 4 in our yard, trouble brewing when the breeding season comes around, seen a few minor skirmishes so far. We have a very old ewe, 17, She has trouble getting back on her feet after lying down so we keep her around the house and put her to bed inside at night, One of the Robins spends most of the day around her, comes in with her and shares her ewe nuts. This was one breeding with us a while ago

post-5874-1511635787189_thumb.jpg

Thats the best one I've seen in a long time😊.If trusted enough some birds learn humans posse no threat to them . Same could be said of of the humble pigeons you will always get some very tame ones and others that will jump every time you enter loft ? It's a rare thing nature.