Shu

Froog

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the 1st of January is / was quite adequate. Where does one want how early it is to stop?

B. Earlier the better and ALL want to steal a march eh! Simple fact is in that scenario NO march on any competitor can or will be gained. I know, instead of breeding good 'Late Breds' let us put next year's rings on them eh!

Just what and how can December be the time to send OUT next years rung youngster!

Gosh one can already have youngster racing to big youngsters! Just what more does ones want? Besides being detrimental to the birds well being.

All it does extend the breeding time for youngsters that can be raced by July some fowk if they dont get 2/3 rounds off their doos they wont have enough to loose during young bird season its really IMO bluddy ridiculous ,i would have number of rings restricted to 30/40 max per person then fowk might look after them better instead of the attitude thats on the go today breeding birds to make up for losses .

All it does extend the breeding time for youngsters that can be raced by July some fowk if they dont get 2/3 rounds off their doos they wont have enough to loose during young bird season its really IMO bluddy ridiculous ,i would have number of rings restricted to 30/40 max per person then fowk might look after them better instead of the attitude thats on the go today breeding birds to make up for losses .

We can always rely on you to look on the bright side :emoticon-0179-headbang:

I'm quite happy to wait till January, but point I'm making is......SHU stuck in the dark ages, the Belgies pair up in November

I don't understand why you think that the SHU is stuck in the dark ages and what the reference to the Belgians has to do with the SHU.

If fanciers wish to follow suit regarding the Belgians, then let them. If you pair your pigeons on the 30th November they should lay by the 10th December. If so, the eggs will hatch on the 19th December and the young will be ready to ring around the 26th December at a push. This means they are 2017 bred and should be rung as 2017 pigeons. What has this to do with the SHU not issuing 2018 rings until 2018? :)

I don't understand why you think that the SHU is stuck in the dark ages and what the reference to the Belgians has to do with the SHU.

If fanciers wish to follow suit regarding the Belgians, then let them. If you pair your pigeons on the 30th November they should lay by the 10th December. If so, the eggs will hatch on the 19th December and the young will be ready to ring around the 26th December at a push. This means they are 2017 bred and should be rung as 2017 pigeons. What has this to do with the SHU not issuing 2018 rings until 2018? :)

yer dates are all wrong pal lol

Andy SHU have less members than NWHU yet they have a full time sec and a part time admin compared with nwhu only run by 1 person part time SHU don't have any better benefits than NWHU so y are we payiny £13-50 membership for SHU NWHU £3-50 ring prices already shown free transf with NWHU ect its no brainer they need to change quickly they are in the dark ages compared to NWHU

Andy SHU have less members than NWHU yet they have a full time sec and a part time admin compared with nwhu only run by 1 person part time SHU don't have any better benefits than NWHU so y are we payiny £13-50 membership for SHU NWHU £3-50 ring prices already shown free transf with NWHU ect its no brainer they need to change quickly they are in the dark ages compared to NWHU

Try £17.50 Allan.

£17-50 membership is a direct result of full time staff costs and lower membership income.

Ring prices are a direct result of full time staff costs and lower sales volume.

Transfer costs are a direct result of full time staff costs.

Change may be required, but it will never happen when the Membership do not attend the AGM. This apathy is taken to signify that everyone is happy, so continue as before. Grumbling on an internet platform will never bring change to any organisation where there is no attendance at the AGM.

I have raised the ring issue at Delegates meetings, both cost and quality. :)

That is the quickest egg I've ever heard of hatching 9 days :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

£17-50 membership is a direct result of full time staff costs and lower membership income.

Ring prices are a direct result of full time staff costs and lower sales volume.

Transfer costs are a direct result of full time staff costs.

Change may be required, but it will never happen when the Membership do not attend the AGM. This apathy is taken to signify that everyone is happy, so continue as before. Grumbling on an internet platform will never bring change to any organisation where there is no attendance at the AGM.

I have raised the ring issue at Delegates meetings, both cost and quality. :)

then maybe its time for postal votes as not all live around the corner like u Andy

not as bad as breeding 2018 birds in 2017 emoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gifemoticon-0136-giggle.gif

this is not a new thing 40 year ago guys birds hatched in December and got their rings on 3rd Jan just in time to ring them

then maybe its time for postal votes as not all live around the corner like u Andy

this is not a new thing 40 year ago guys birds hatched in December and got their rings on 3rd Jan just in time to ring them

Postal votes has been a debate on here before, I'm sure. Again it will not happen, especially given non-attendance at AGM.

I accept that many members live closer to the area where the AGM is held than some others, but that is exactly the reason why the AGM is held in that area. I have not managed to attend an AGM since becoming a Delegate due to childminding activities and Federation duties, but hope to sort that failing this year. Reports at Delegates meetings intimate that only one or two members attend the AGM apart from the Delegates. Not all Federations have their Delegates in attendance, so it would appear that only the Federations within close proximity to the AGM have representation. Members should either attend the AGM or instruct their Delegates at a previous Federation meeting. Notices of Motion require to be in the Secretary's hands prior to 31st October to gain entry to the AGM agenda.

You will never alter a closed shop unless you open its doors. :)

rotate AGM round the country Alan

likewise the shu show

priced a train to it the 1st year it started was £74

plus the 3 hours travelling to then 3 hours back

why not have then in perth area at the least

far fairer and more central :drinking-coffee-200: