Any Work To Do Loft Wise

THE FIFER

As what will be my yearling team next year are at present all together in what is open plan it does have a dowelled divide if and when needed

The dimensions are approx. 32 feet x 8 feet but with the corridor left open and the aviary it equites to 32 feet x 13 feet

plenty of room to keep them fit in the winter lol

I will fit in 50 boxes for yearling cocks undecided whether they will be celibate or widowhood

May put them on widowhood as in the other loft I have 36 celibate cocks that age from 2-5 years of age

With perfect weather wind direction and returns forecast for 2018

Should be fun lol :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Gettin the whole back yard slabed 2x2s ,126 slabs ,I have a young bird shed 7x4ft since i wont be racing young doos i am takeing off front of shed and in whats left i am making a kit box 800mm deep by 1mtr high x 2.1mtrs long ,in it i have put 15 perches the floor is 18mm ply with 4 plastic floor grills ,under this i will keep baskets ,hopefully i will get a dozen youngsters in there .

Gettin the whole back yard slabed 2x2s ,126 slabs ,I have a young bird shed 7x4ft since i wont be racing young doos i am takeing off front of shed and in whats left i am making a kit box 800mm deep by 1mtr high x 2.1mtrs long ,in it i have put 15 perches the floor is 18mm ply with 4 plastic floor grills ,under this i will keep baskets ,hopefully i will get a dozen youngsters in there .

The guys got half the slabbin job done the last couple of days ,and it will depend on weather as regards little shed ,but tons of time until April

• 1 month later...

Come to a halt with little sheddy ,well on though but the cold weather just buggers me Angina,emphysema,now i have plueresy in left ribs or so i was told at hospital Sat night past ,so inside for me till steroids & antibiotics work ,roll on spring,all the backy is slabbed an lookin great .

We got a new stock loft - 2 sections, one for stock and one for racing spare hens. They now need fitting out. We've bought new boxes for the stock section, and put up the perches for the hens, but we want to put another floor down on top of the plywood floor before anything goes in it. Race and stock are currently mixed in the race loft in the two sections that we have corridors to minimise chance of escapes. I would be embarrassed to tell you how many spare hens we have

:emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

But they did most of the point scoring in 2017 - so they will all be kept

Three sections require some work to bring them to completion. Two require to be finished before breeding in March, the other before racing in April. Lookout post also requires to be finished, then I'll know how the loft ventilation is working, but that will be next year's tweaks. :)

• 6 months later...