Young Bird Stigma

Roland

The stigma of Young Bird Sickness.

I see that Germany has a rising percentage of getting and having it. Like here the same lofts getting hit year after year! If so why?

I ask, do the youngster from past Y/B/S that got it, get it? Or are they immune?

Now why does one have inoculations ? Polio Jab etc. etc.!

Simple answer is that giving a human, an animal or bird a small dosage means the body gets shot of it, and BUILDS up an immunity.

So why then do some lofts' birds get hit year after year?

Is it simply that the birds haven't, aren't able, to protect the youngsters via passing on an immunity?

If so why?

We all know, or should, that bad breeding meaning a weak constitution, or complete lack of! Not able to build up an immunity, let alone a good constitution!

Pedigree dogs get vaccinated galore. Dosages for say Parva. Yet go down with it and put down … Owners hoping to get a breeding or two, if possible, depending when hit with it! 'struth!

Money, greed and ignorance eh!

Yet, as many are told via the Vet, Mongrel wandering the street aren't affected! Why … the only answer to why is Because. Because they have built up an immunity. A strong and natural constitution! No jabs or special feed etc. Certainly not any expensive pills … which make me wonder why fanciers still rush to buy as such!

So they look around and see others who are not affected. Sadly they think it is a Stigma as to them and the others!

How come, they ponder, is it that I get it, and still have some good results, whilst they don't get it and their' results are good too …? … Hey! Need some excuses here mate they barter.

DALL2 Posted 30 August 2017 - 16:43 PM

I remember somone writing in the pres....Of the folks that haven't had YBS EVER .....50% are fibbers and the other have don't recognise the symptoms lol

man up Steve and be real!

Well another fancier, and very good national winner and flyer on the 'Natural' states. 'They have a fear of a stigma and want to excuse them selves (Needlessly) via downing others. Boo hooing and thus calling very good and honest fanciers who haven't had it 'LIARS'! Hence they feel better … but then again not really.

A lot of truth there of course.

Instead of looking in the mirror, they take so-lance that they aren't the only ones. Instead of boo hooing good and great flyers they should try and work out why.

Yes I fear a lot of breeders (pigeons) could find another home...those many lofts severely hurt.

But the answer is, or more than likely simply! Their' loft and their' continuance and determination not to ... Nor even believe that breeding from inferior constitutional bird has the Immunity bred out of them. Thinking things will get better eh!

Simple truth again is 'IT won't'!

Stop incest breeding willy nilly for starters and bring / mate with non related birds will be a boon.

No bird in my loft is related. Out side of cousins, which even them would never be mated together. No incest contrivance. And as always I offer any one to take up the offer of just turning to my loft when ever and have a freedom of inspection, and avisiting cuppa / dinner etc. ANY TIME OF THE YEAR!

The stigma of Young Bird Sickness.

I see that Germany has a rising percentage of getting and having it. Like here the same lofts getting hit year after year! If so why?

I ask, do the youngster from past Y/B/S that got it, get it? Or are they immune?

Now why does one have inoculations ? Polio Jab etc. etc.!

Simple answer is that giving a human, an animal or bird a small dosage means the body gets shot of it, and BUILDS up an immunity.

So why then do some lofts' birds get hit year after year?

Is it simply that the birds haven't, aren't able, to protect the youngsters via passing on an immunity?

If so why?

We all know, or should, that bad breeding meaning a weak constitution, or complete lack of! Not able to build up an immunity, let alone a good constitution!

Pedigree dogs get vaccinated galore. Dosages for say Parva. Yet go down with it and put down … Owners hoping to get a breeding or two, if possible, depending when hit with it! 'struth!

Money, greed and ignorance eh!

Yet, as many are told via the Vet, Mongrel wandering the street aren't affected! Why … the only answer to why is Because. Because they have built up an immunity. A strong and natural constitution! No jabs or special feed etc. Certainly not any expensive pills … which make me wonder why fanciers still rush to buy as such!

So they look around and see others who are not affected. Sadly they think it is a Stigma as to them and the others!

How come, they ponder, is it that I get it, and still have some good results, whilst they don't get it and their' results are good too …? … Hey! Need some excuses here mate they barter.

DALL2 Posted 30 August 2017 - 16:43 PM

I remember somone writing in the pres....Of the folks that haven't had YBS EVER .....50% are fibbers and the other have don't recognise the symptoms lol

man up Steve and be real!

Well another fancier, and very good national winner and flyer on the 'Natural' states. 'They have a fear of a stigma and want to excuse them selves (Needlessly) via downing others. Boo hooing and thus calling very good and honest fanciers who haven't had it 'LIARS'! Hence they feel better … but then again not really.

A lot of truth there of course.

Instead of looking in the mirror, they take so-lance that they aren't the only ones. Instead of boo hooing good and great flyers they should try and work out why.

Yes I fear a lot of breeders (pigeons) could find another home...those many lofts severely hurt.

But the answer is, or more than likely simply! Their' loft and their' continuance and determination not to ... Nor even believe that breeding from inferior constitutional bird has the Immunity bred out of them. Thinking things will get better eh!

Simple truth again is 'IT won't'!

Stop incest breeding willy nilly for starters and bring / mate with non related birds will be a boon.

No bird in my loft is related. Out side of cousins, which even them would never be mated together. No incest contrivance. And as always I offer any one to take up the offer of just turning to my loft when ever and have a freedom of inspection, and avisiting cuppa / dinner etc. ANY TIME OF THE YEAR!

Do you think that stock birds of years gone bye before ybs weren't closely bred? The answer to this question will surely lay waste to the theory of inbreeding causing a poor constitution?

Would you agree that the importation of continetal birds to British stock lofts would further dilute the DNA?

How did you end up with a loft full of cousins but nothing closer?

Different families: A cock bird mates another hen from different family. Later the mating could be changed .... but even then I never let the youngsters of them be mated.....

I started with 5 different families. I bring in another one or two as and when, if needed.

Years ago, Nigh all birds flew the programme and distances. Not home in race time very often next day or so.

Now so very many fanciers daren't even enter into sending to such races.

Yet the proven facts are A. ALL great strains / families are bred from such birds. B. Birds that win from the Distance and hard races also win at shorter races...

So many feed light and high carbs and fat! Which is burnt out after 15 - 20 minutes, but gives them a good early start ... over the shorter races. This of course doesn't equate to the longer harder races.

Sadly no one likes change. Also, mores the pity they / people become comfortable with 'Habits'.

Well Roland....as I stated in the thread you quoted me from.....i get it near very year. I have changed lots of things and many stock birds have come and gone and it still appears. I have a family of Kirkpatricka that will be as old as you that get it also....hardy *expletive removed* that I get regular in stinkers. So I am afraid.....yet again .....that we will disagree on inbreeding or genetics from parents being the cause of ybs.

As for stigma ......none attached for me. If yer looking after the birds well then you should be on it the first day it appears and with a few natural products or even a touch of Roni you will have it sorted in less than a week. No adverse affects seen later.

My youngsters took it the start of young bird racing to the day 3years ago have not had it since why it happened dont know ,why i havent taken it again dont no ,but in my opinion there is no preventative just a cure when you get it and always be on the look out for the signs ,and dont shove them in the race baskets after a week IMO they take 3/4 weeks to get back to normal.

Dal2 states '.... have a family of Kirkpatricka that will be as old as you that get it also...' Exactly. I wonder how close they are breeding wise? <_<

They are also the hardy bassas with a great constitution.....theory .....thats all

been breeding and showing fancy pigeons for the last ten year and have never had it,never heard about it when i was racing 20 year ago,all my fancy breeds are jagged every year using columbovac,we do not need to vaccinate but i do as its took years to build my family of birds and nearly every one is related

Does anybody think there is a direct link with the results achieved and YBS?

The only negative of coping y/b/s through the young bird season is missing a race or two hence putting oneself out of the averages.

As regarding the youngsters performances pre & aft y/b/s they win before they cop it and win after they've had it.

been breeding and showing fancy pigeons for the last ten year and have never had it,never heard about it when i was racing 20 year ago,all my fancy breeds are jagged every year using columbovac,we do not need to vaccinate but i do as its took years to build my family of birds and nearly every one is related

You can't get out much then lol

The only negative of coping y/b/s through the young bird season is missing a race or two hence putting oneself out of the averages.

As regarding the youngsters performances pre & aft y/b/s they win before they cop it and win after they've had it.

I meant the other way Tony......do fanciers that aren't at the top of the sheet stressing their birds less? Accidentally or otherwise avoiding ybs ?

I have never raced my YB's and have never had YBS to the extent it is reported on here.

My YB's have went off a bit with the odd one ruffling its feathers, but not in an endemic manner where the whole loft has it. They are not vomiting, except the occasional one that has overeaten and they do not suffer from the runs.

In my opinion my YB ails are normal ups and downs any young animal has to work through, not YBS as reported on here. They are usually on open hole and up until this year, mixed freely with all the other pigeons. This year I have the ability to segregate and now have a few prisoners as well as separating cocks from hens, OB's and YB's. :)

I meant the other way Tony......do fanciers that aren't at the top of the sheet stressing their birds less? Accidentally or otherwise avoiding ybs ?

Many I believe Steve are rotating their' birds. Was a time when most did this due to costs etc. Choosing races to prepare for the ones that they fancied going for.

Yes some flew the whole program, especially y/b's flying the whole program ... Now it appears that many, too many breed to counteract their' losses.