Winter Time Plans ?

andy Burgess

Get the numbers down here Andy,done no racing this year,need to lose about 15 hens,just replaced the landing board,20 x 4,that's my lot,hopefully back racing next season.

just get training them, thatll sort them out,ill be training late breds for starting back next season after finishing with the transporter duties and am well looking forward to it, my boards are only 2ft wide by 12inch deep to deter cats but hey the doos find them ok, all the best greenbar for the new season.

Clean all nest pans out before frost hits, reduce numbers get vacine as i dont like doing it before they are due to lay so inoculate ASAP,spray out all lofts --must create stand for drinkers this year as snails seem to be every where this year

New widowhood and stock lofts going up in next week or two, current 20 foot loft will be for ybs only next season, and a 2nd sprint mid distance family will be here as soon as lofts up. I just hope to get time off from herding my sheep.....hard life being a sheep shagger :drinking-coffee-200:

Big changes already started here , Andy.

All birds going, take off sputniks and replace with full length aviary verandahs. One loft already done. Get the lofts well cleaned out, dispose of nest boxes and perches. Hopefully stock up with selection of canaries and other cage birds. Take a bit of pleasure out of just listening to the canaries singing their hearts out. Too much hassle and lack of enjoyment for me these days with pigeons.

do any members have any plans for the Winter . anybody bringing in a new strain or changes to the loft ?? :pidge:

recently started racing y/b this year after 3 years convoying birds had to come home to no one being there yet still managed to win a few races with help of ETS and one race taking first eight positions with my van loons but I have introduced some dirk van den buicks to cross with them for next year as my van loons are getting too closely bred in my opinion and they really crossed well when I crossed them a few years back so fingers crossed for next season already training late breds from last year and this year on good days