Agm And Postal Votes

How many on here think moving on to postal votes would give a more democratic and true show of proposals wishes .This would be easy to implement as everyone members of feds get balance and a list of proposals in one letter ,X marks the one you wish to go through ,I know i maybe am over simplyfing this but with thought it could be done .

Most businesses, Building Societies, Kennel Club, Mensa, etc use postal votes. Why not for pigeon Federations? My Balance Sheet contains a breakdown of funds and any proposals. It also carries a Secretary / Treasurer Report and a Member Survey. There is no reason why this could not be done. If any questions were still outstanding then the member would have to attend to ask the question, but very few questions arise, just the normal argument over costs rising, as they must, and the race programme. :)

How many on here think moving on to postal votes would give a more democratic and true show of proposals wishes .This would be easy to implement as everyone members of feds get balance and a list of proposals in one letter ,X marks the one you wish to go through ,I know i maybe am over simplyfing this but with thought it could be done .

A lot more input would be forthcoming if this was available, a lot of fanciers miss out on decisions through Family/work commitments as well as others who avoid meeting just because of the bickering amongst fanciers. I think it is a good idea Phil.

Put in a proposal for our next agm,then if possible turn up to make your argument,I for one would need a lot of persuasion,our agm is there to give members a chance to air their views and we all know a year in advance of the dates,personally I have missed one agm since 1975 due to work commitments and I am sure they messed up without me :crying:

I admit i am looking at it from my own circumstances being up and down health wise but a large number of members for one reason or another cant and dont make it ,i fully realise that apathy plays a large part on poor attendance to the AGM but on saying that new and democratic aims to enhance voting opportunity should be the way forward .

Totally disagree !! if any member feels strongly enough about a issue or proposal put forward by themselves or others they should personally make the effort to attend the AGM and have their say !! Simple !!

Despite my earlier post, I do agree with this. Perhaps the reason for little discussion at our AGM is the full report issued to the members prior to the meeting. Like most AGMs, ours is poorly attended, possibly down to the fear of having to take on a responsibility.

As you stated, if they feel strongly enough about anything due to arise at the meeting, then they should attend, just as I indicated in my earlier post. :)

The north fed is just like all the other federations , members who complain during the season blaming weather, hold overs, bad liberations just blame someone if it does not go your way but by the time the AGM arrives its all forgotten about my most and they don't attend the AGM hoping someone will fill the places and arrange it again for them to enjoy there sport without any input so that they can start complaining again

Is not easy to for our committee to get it to suit every club with such a wide area to cover and it wont change you have to take the rough with the smooth and get on with it

My opinion if you have a grievance attend the meeting and bring it up then not hide behind a postal vote

The north fed is just like all the other federations , members who complain during the season blaming weather, hold overs, bad liberations just blame someone if it does not go your way but by the time the AGM arrives its all forgotten about my most and they don't attend the AGM hoping someone will fill the places and arrange it again for them to enjoy there sport without any input so that they can start complaining again

Is not easy to for our committee to get it to suit every club with such a wide area to cover and it wont change you have to take the rough with the smooth and get on with it

My opinion if you have a grievance attend the meeting and bring it up then not hide behind a postal vote

No need for any other posts,you are spot on Gordon :drinking-coffee-200:

Amen Mr Wilson Amen !! :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Whats this got to do with what i am saying ,grievance?,who mentioned weather ,who mentioned holdovers ,I am talking about a system of voting ,whos saying it wont change the minority or majority ?,more likely the minority ,as you mentioned our FED how many was at last meeting ?was there the length of 30,but your right things probably wont change!!

PHIL

AGM meetings are a chance for members to take the floor and forward what they would like to happen and make improvements that's when the complaints ect arise and are discussed and put to bed for the new season . your suggestion would not work as the complaints would be aired at the meeting then every one would have to go home and send in a vote. With more than three quarters of the membership [ a fair quote ]not having a clue what was discussed as they were not there to hear it for them selves

sorry Phil I'm not with you on this I'm afaid

Bang on Gordon and also don't think this would work. A few times I have gone to meetings with my mind made up but it has changed after listening to reasoned argument. You can't do that by voting on an agenda sent to your house and posting your votes back and never hearing a different perspective.