Sour Grapes

Just got phoned by club secretary A. Higgins of the F& district flying club , telling me our club won't be competing in the RIPON FED RACE on Saturday as the fed won't collect four birds , as there going with Aberdeen , and Aberdeen won't give us crates , as our crates are too big ta fit there pigeon holes ,He said that the fed president Sandy Milne said he's disappointed that he cancelled putting our own lorry ,WHY did he stop our lorry picking our birds. Up from our clubs is mind boggling , why do these fed officials take this in there hands , ta stop our lorry going ta the last fed race when it states in the fed. Minutes that fed program must be completed , Our Fed clock convener also phoned ta say none of our members are putting there birds because of this action by the president Sandy Milne,who ever he is I don't know him and certainly don't want to , the f&district took the first 10 in the fed last week , so no sour grapes here and we were sending the same amount ta this race as were ta RIPON BUT GOOD LUCK TA THE CLUBS THAT ARE COMPETING , but sadly not the fraserburgh & district pensioners ?

sympathise with you Walter, i would not be happy if it happened here. Don't think it is correct though that Aberdeen won't give you crates and i am sure if your Fed organised it someone could come to Aberdeen and get some.

Willie why have we ta beg ta another fed we pay our fees ,send our fed lorry that what it's for taking our birds ta the races , all our members are 70+ this has never happened before someone just saying I am stopping the lorry going ta race point or pick up our birds , for no reason , I told Raymond Birnie if we need a lorry driver for ripon there's a ex pigeon man here that is long distance lorry driver I can see him ? But any way Alister Reid is taking us out of the sh** and picking our birds up and Gogs Wilson is taking them ta Aberdeen weather permitting ?

Willie why have we ta beg ta another fed we pay our fees ,send our fed lorry that what it's for taking our birds ta the races , all our members are 70+ this has never happened before someone just saying I am stopping the lorry going ta race point or pick up our birds , for no reason , I told Raymond Birnie if we need a lorry driver for ripon there's a ex pigeon man here that is long distance lorry driver I can see him ? But any way Alister Reid is taking us out of the sh** and picking our birds up and Gogs Wilson is taking them ta Aberdeen weather permitting ?

Hi Walter,

Don't really like getting involved on here about Fed stuff and probably shouldn't but feel I have to correct you a wee bit, wheels were already in motion to arrange collection of your birds before your first post, I had been phoning round secretaries this evening to confirm times and arrangements for the Ripon race, when I didn't get through to Andy, I gave George D a call, he told me about your situation so I spoke to our Fed President and he asked me to arrange the hire of a van and a driver to collect your birds, I did consider picking them up myself but on reflection, that would mean having to take time off work which I cant really afford to do, so the plan now is that G Duncan has kindly agreed to collect and the Fed will pay him instead of hiring a van, he will then deliver your crate to Aberdeen or to Gogs who again has kindly offered to take them through with theirs.

Alistair Reid

Secretary North of Scotland Federation

Hi Walter,

Don't really like getting involved on here about Fed stuff and probably shouldn't but feel I have to correct you a wee bit, wheels were already in motion to arrange collection of your birds before your first post, I had been phoning round secretaries this evening to confirm times and arrangements for the Ripon race, when I didn't get through to Andy, I gave George D a call, he told me about your situation so I spoke to our Fed President and he asked me to arrange the hire of a van and a driver to collect your birds, I did consider picking them up myself but on reflection, that would mean having to take time off work which I cant really afford to do, so the plan now is that G Duncan has kindly agreed to collect and the Fed will pay him instead of hiring a van, he will then deliver your crate to Aberdeen or to Gogs who again has kindly offered to take them through with theirs.

Alistair Reid

Secretary North of Scotland Federation

. Alistair I don't like getting involved either , so I would like just one question was there a telephone , telling us that there was no pick up of our birds ,for Ripon It is a FED RACE , why was our lorry not picking up our birds and take them ta Aberdeen O yes I forgot they don't fit our lorry , so why was it not going ta the race point ourselves , we would have had a lot more birds than Aberdeen , and again it's mostly been our lorry that has taken the Aberdeen birds as we had a lot further away ,but the situatition we have got ourselves into buying that useless lorry which has different size pigeon holes , and with ageing fanciers ta lift the crates full of birds on ta a 6ft platform , there was no meeting with members ta buy this old lorry which I am sure the Glasgow fed must have thought all there Xmas,s came together when they got rid of it if Davie Barrie reads this he may reply and tell you how much fuel it guzzles would 10 miles ta the gallon be right , but Alistair I am coming on 75 now so i won't be involved with what's ahead but I will just get this aff the chest I was involved when this fed was formed and it was put on the map with great long distance races with up ta 1'000 birds going ta our 500 mile race not a few years ago when I was president, now we can't go ta 320 miles ta some members of our fed ta the last old bird race , ? And we can't go ta 200 miles for our last YB bird race , Alistair again I say I don't like getting involved on any site open FORUM and I must add you have done a good job as secretary , but we all know our proud fed is not looking very UNhealthy ?