Robert (Bob) Mcdonald

Ian McKay

Robert (Bob) McDonald

Rathen

Fraserburgh

It is with a very sad heart to hear of the passing of my good friend.

Bob, as most of us knew him by, was a very good friend to me. He always helped with charity sales and anything I asked of him. I have known Bob and Gina for over 40 yrs and could not wish to meet a nicer couple.

Bob helped me in my business life as well giving me advice on what to do and what not to do which I was most grateful for. He was a brilliant pigeon fancier who won a lot more than his share in shows and in his racing career. He introduced the Ko Nipious pigeons into Scotland which were an instant success and was instrumental in getting the North Section a marking station with the SNFC in Aberdeen which we still have today. Bob was also the first to introduce the Stall perch for our birds, a fabulous system where the birds have a stall to stand in and the droppings fall into a tray underneath to be checked (if you wished) and emptied into a bin in one easy move. He was a successful businessman running saw mills throughout Scotland, a man with endless energy.

I remember visiting him on a trip to the Broch as it is known. I worked for Schweppes at the time and went to the café at the harbour for my dinner then up to see Bob and Gina. On arrival Gina said to come in and have some lunch. I told her I had just eaten but Gina being a good mother did not believe me and sat me down. She produced a full lunch which I had to eat and learned a lesson that day; don’t argue with Mum (as I called her)

I could write all day about Bob & Gina I have had great times with them, I will miss Bob’s ‘phone calls and send my condolences to Gina and her Family at this sad time

RIP Bob we will miss you

Ian McKay

“Kingsleaâ€

Kingswells

Aberdeen

So sorry to here of this ,when i came back into birds 4/5yrs ago went to Bobs to buy a bird or two from him ,i came home with 13 un rung birds he put me in a section and told me to help myself as he hidna the heart to kill them all for nothing ,Rest in peace Bob my sympathies to the family .