I Wonder

Mattydoos79

maltings all over the country are full of them esp on the a1, i was once in at grimsby for fish and seen ferals and rung birds scoffin byproducts at a meal factory which turned the coulor of the feather orange, i had a hen return after being awol and was orange so knew where she had been,a lot will return once the feeding at this time of year gets scarce and they get hungry.

maltings all over the country are full of them esp on the a1, i was once in at grimsby for fish and seen ferals and rung birds scoffin byproducts at a meal factory which turned the coulor of the feather orange, i had a hen return after being awol and was orange so knew where she had been,a lot will return once the feeding at this time of year gets scarce and they get hungry.

Byproduct of a meal factory I wonder if they get mad pigeon disease hehe and turning orange!!! That's a new one

I've put at least 4 on this site in the past none claimed so far including the one tonight ,I've tossed these birds nearer to home to help fellow fanciers out,I have come to the conclusion some fanciers could not care less about their doo,s

Few years ago I was handed rings retrieved from a pigeon shoot. One had a phone number. So decides to call .The Man was from canary wharf London and the pigeon was a four year old when shot . It went missing from fraserburgh race after winning the Dunbar race a few weeks before as a yearling.It never left the liberation site ! Wonder how many do the same ? Does prove some can live happily in the wild environment which they had to do since the beginning of time. It's there natural instinct to forage . Wild birds thrive in good years and perish in bad only the fit ones survive.

Few years ago I was handed rings retrieved from a pigeon shoot. One had a phone number. So decides to call .The Man was from canary wharf London and the pigeon was a four year old when shot . It went missing from fraserburgh race after winning the Dunbar race a few weeks before as a yearling.It never left the liberation site ! Wonder how many do the same ? Does prove some can live happily in the wild environment which they had to do since the beginning of time. It's there natural instinct to forage . Wild birds thrive in good years and perish in bad only the fit ones survive.

Is it not illegal to shoot a racing pigeon?

Must have aged really fast in the few weeks between winning Dunbar as a yearling and being shot as a 4 year old flying from Fraserburgh !! :emoticon-0136-giggle::unsure:

I think most end up in farms /farmland living off the harvests , that's why we see some return after it runs out , I got one back on Saturday ,lost 2weeks earlier ,think it came up the road with our race birds as it arrived the back of 3pm ,winners were in around 2pm , it was thin ,rubber still on very red feet like streeters and clay up its legs and it smelled a bit . So def think living on a farm until the urge to home .

I think most end up in farms /farmland living off the harvests , that's why we see some return after it runs out , I got one back on Saturday ,lost 2weeks earlier ,think it came up the road with our race birds as it arrived the back of 3pm ,winners were in around 2pm , it was thin ,rubber still on very red feet like streeters and clay up its legs and it smelled a bit . So def think living on a farm until the urge to home .

I was at a farm in East Lothian about 5/6 weeks ago the week after Ypres with my grandson when I saw 3 doos we race rubbers on. I got a tin put a hand full of wee chuckies in it and shook it I managed to get close to 1 of them it was a GB S 16 pigeon that's all I saw of the ring before the doo got a scare we people going about. Whilst I was trying to get it down again a lad in the early 30s came up to me and asked if I kept pigeons (I thought he was going to ask me if I was mad) I said yes he said his Dad keeps them aswell I'm sure his name was Strang but could be wrong anyway the lad said he comes to the farm regular as he works with adults with learning difficulties and takes them to the farm for a day out and says there are always racing pigeons that end up on the farm. So I defo think the majority end up in farms.

I was at a farm in East Lothian about 5/6 weeks ago the week after Ypres with my grandson when I saw 3 doos we race rubbers on. I got a tin put a hand full of wee chuckies in it and shook it I managed to get close to 1 of them it was a GB S 16 pigeon that's all I saw of the ring before the doo got a scare we people going about. Whilst I was trying to get it down again a lad in the early 30s came up to me and asked if I kept pigeons (I thought he was going to ask me if I was mad) I said yes he said his Dad keeps them aswell I'm sure his name was Strang but could be wrong anyway the lad said he comes to the farm regular as he works with adults with learning difficulties and takes them to the farm for a day out and says there are always racing pigeons that end up on the farm. So I defo think the majority end up in farms.

Yer Nae Mad Higgins !! YER AFF YER F@&KIN HEED 🤡🤡😂😂😂