Shu Stray Centre

ALF

That's twice now we have had a stamped doo re our club stamp sent to the club the ring came from do they actually check for wing stamps at the stray centre????

Yes we actually do what's the problem?. Your stray officers are obviously not checking wing stamps all birds are sent back to Lanarkshire if they are from Lanarkshire wing stamped its up to your stray officers to sort out nothing to do with SHU STRAY CENTRE I try my best and yes I do make some mistakes I will admit, if all birds were wing stamped it would be so much easier to return them to their rightful owners unfortunately about 99% are not wing stamped that includes plain SU GB NWHU NEHU IF you purchase birds that are not SU rung surely if you want them back you should wing stamp or phone number rings on legs. There are always negative comments made about the stray centre the majority of fanciers are grateful for the return of their birds for a fee of £5. I believe this is the best option for fanciers rather than having to arrange couriers etc for a much greater expense. I do this for the benefit of the birds and the fanciers not for financial reward. There are a number of scottish border fanciers who go out of their way to bring between 50-100 birds per week to the stray centre and take 2-3 sb birds back per year. Would fanciers rather there was no stray centre and prefer to make their own arrangements?

Yes we actually do what's the problem?. Your stray officers are obviously not checking wing stamps all birds are sent back to Lanarkshire if they are from Lanarkshire wing stamped its up to your stray officers to sort out nothing to do with SHU STRAY CENTRE I try my best and yes I do make some mistakes I will admit, if all birds were wing stamped it would be so much easier to return them to their rightful owners unfortunately about 99% are not wing stamped that includes plain SU GB NWHU NEHU IF you purchase birds that are not SU rung surely if you want them back you should wing stamp or phone number rings on legs. There are always negative comments made about the stray centre the majority of fanciers are grateful for the return of their birds for a fee of £5. I believe this is the best option for fanciers rather than having to arrange couriers etc for a much greater expense. I do this for the benefit of the birds and the fanciers not for financial reward. There are a number of scottish border fanciers who go out of their way to bring between 50-100 birds per week to the stray centre and take 2-3 sb birds back per year. Would fanciers rather there was no stray centre and prefer to make their own arrangements?

Davie you do a great job mate

it is totally correct what davie has said ,may i also add that every stray that has been returned to lanarkshire dosent mean it has came through the stray center as lanarkshire doos collected in lanarkshire transport goes straight to lanarkshire stray officer, not the stray center, and ps out of the 5.00 that davie has said , he only gets 50 pence yes correct 50 pence which this man donates to his club every year

keep up the sterling work Davie and i think a stray in lanarkshire is about 7.00

Have to agree the man does a great job,and a credit to the fancy. Don't know many other organizations that do this service? He must see and hear all sorts,sick,injured birds that shouldn't even be in a basket,no I.d.on them,he's even been accused of taking the ets rings off them?!

He even got a GB rung old bird back to me that had been put in stray basket,and I live in Gloucester!

:emoticon-0137-clapping: