Moving Doos

I know another topic but I'm still learning right I'm asking, I have 2 pigeon lofts in my garden 1 got 2 sections and the other loft got breeding boxes now that my racing is finished and soon be winter too, so I'm wondering I leave the cocks in with the breeding loft and the hens with my young birds in my 2 section but what happens for the new season? I put the hens back in with cocks? And the young birds become old birds do I put them in the breeding loft? I'm confused

If you are going to race old birds to the loft with the nestboxes, put all the cocks in there and let them get settled in the boxes, keep the hens in the other loft until pairing up, then put the ybs you breed into the other loft

If you are going to race old birds to the loft with the nestboxes, put all the cocks in there and let them get settled in the boxes, keep the hens in the other loft until pairing up, then put the ybs you breed into the other loft

So that's 3 sections sorted and I will be racing the old birds to the breeding loft next year

Matthew dont be afraid to ask most pigeon men will always be there to help you every one has to learn and the best way is to ask so keep on asking if you are not sure someone will help you out well done yesterday your returns was good

Yeah my returns not bad considering I started with 9 pigeons at the beginning of young bird racing, now I have 6 with chip rings at home so they are now retired until next year also what if I don't want some cocks pairing up do I put them in with the young birds or seperate? E.g. I want to select some cocks for new season breeding and how do you pair with a selection? As going natural will muck up some bloodlines

• 2 weeks later...