Strathclyde Amalgamation

Paul Mac 31

We are in i'll back it 100% but i also like the idea of having a few any age races instead of the comebacks at the tail end of the old bird season

Alf where is the proposal, any age .coming from this is a new fed getting talked about.with six races in 8 sections you wanting Lanarkshire to have races, with in races in the amalgamation

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2016 yb

1. 3626 birds 155 members

2. 5485 birds 201 members

3. 5475 birds 190 members

4. 4381 birds 165 members

Total of 18,967 birds Entered

Average amount of members sent 177

2017 yb

1. 3287 birds 131 members

2. 2073 birds 105 members

3. 2633 birds 118 members

4. 1586 birds 91 members

Total of 9579 birds entered

Average amount of members sent 111

In 2017 birdage is down 9388

Average 2347 per race

Count after this weeks race it will take the overall birdage DOWN 10,000 plus

I can see it in our own loft and anybody that says west is best is fkn brain deid we have already lost over half our yb's as have a lot of lofts in the fed the funny thing is last year at the 3rd race we sent 64 and got 63 this year at the 3rd we got pumped again fae Appleby

The fed has lost approx £4k in birdage money come to fk people wake up and smell the coffee

I can see it in our own loft and anybody that says west is best is fkn brain deid we have already lost over half our yb's as have a lot of lofts in the fed the funny thing is last year at the 3rd race we sent 64 and got 63 this year at the 3rd we got pumped again fae Appleby

The fed has lost approx £4k in birdage money come to fk people wake up and smell the coffee

Here here

2016 yb

1. 3626 birds 155 members

2. 5485 birds 201 members

3. 5475 birds 190 members

4. 4381 birds 165 members

Total of 18,967 birds Entered

Average amount of members sent 177

2017 yb

1. 3287 birds 131 members

2. 2073 birds 105 members

3. 2633 birds 118 members

4. 1586 birds 91 members

Total of 9579 birds entered

Average amount of members sent 111

In 2017 birdage is down 9388

Average 2347 per race

Count after this weeks race it will take the overall birdage DOWN 10,000 plus

So are you looking for more victims to play the numbers game on pmsl

Sadly the only victim in all this is Lanarkshire Federation... it will take years to rebuild.. well done

Anyway thats my last post on basics

3 races to go, then a good holiday

Atb lads

Disappointed on this post Paul, your stats were interesting for all to see. expletive remove , a blind man can see what has happened but sometimes ye canny educate folk.

How many Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and Glasgow guys are on this site and only a few have gave their opinion on this thread.

Del a started a thread last week i.e. Combine racing not one comment lol I'm all for it but I'd been at the meetings in uddingston couple of seasons ago with delegates from the said Feds and to be honest they couldn't agree on jack shxt can't see it happening tbh too many politicians in this game one fed should take the bull by the horns and open up for anyone in the said Feds to compete in that'd be a good start then go from there here's hoping it takes off best of luck ðŸ‘

Del a started a thread last week i.e. Combine racing not one comment lol I'm all for it but I'd been at the meetings in uddingston couple of seasons ago with delegates from the said Feds and to be honest they couldn't agree on jack shxt can't see it happening tbh too many politicians in this game one fed should take the bull by the horns and open up for anyone in the said Feds to compete in that'd be a good start then go from there here's hoping it takes off best of luck ðŸ‘

Ricky, food for thought, I think the politicians have had their day m8, nows the time for real doomen to take action.

How many Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and Glasgow guys are on this site and only a few have gave their opinion on this thread.

as in the past have said its a great idea if it gets of the ground but have heard it that many times on here only for nothing to come of it ,everyone wants it but no one is prepared to get aff their *expletive removed* and do something about it the time is now when feds have not set a date for their race programmes for next year why cant the officials of all feds get together and start to sift through all the problems that are going to arise out of it and then take it back to all their members to sort out were we race from ,transport and costs ,who controls races,and anything else that the members may have greivences about the time to stop chucking the dummy out the pram and acting like kids is now lets all grow up and act like men and try to save this dieing sport>?hobby of ours :drinking-coffee-200:

Agree Del would be a great thing but Lanarkshire Fed members cant agree on anything what chance have you got adding another 3 organisations into the equation.not being negative just realistic sadly

Wit about the wee fed there dinosaurs it's them it's holding it back and if it's correct wit I'm hearing who's stepping forward to take over

Wit about the wee fed there dinosaurs it's them it's holding it back and if it's correct wit I'm hearing who's stepping forward to take over

Not got a clue Andrew and don't really care tbh,just race our doos and what will be will be

Uve enough to say about every other organization and say fek all about ur own stick to ur own and look after what ur interested in and keep ur views to urself simple

Andrew i chose to race where I want to as you do,your whole club has decided not to support your federation.

as in the past have said its a great idea if it gets of the ground but have heard it that many times on here only for nothing to come of it ,everyone wants it but no one is prepared to get aff their *expletive removed* and do something about it the time is now when feds have not set a date for their race programmes for next year why cant the officials of all feds get together and start to sift through all the problems that are going to arise out of it and then take it back to all their members to sort out were we race from ,transport and costs ,who controls races,and anything else that the members may have greivences about the time to stop chucking the dummy out the pram and acting like kids is now lets all grow up and act like men and try to save this dieing sport>?hobby of ours :drinking-coffee-200:

Sammy

What you ask of your/ other officials is a major task , remember they have to work / family/ ..oh and they also have to look after there own doos .

Sammy

I know where you are coming from . Sometimes it's the past that stops us moving forward

StrathClyde Amalgamation

Lanarkshire Fed

South Lanarkshire Fed

Glasgow Fed

Ayrshire Fed

A rough total in membership of 500

All under SHU.

Glasgow lads would need to sort that, £17 fee

6 Races, all Inland.

170 miles

200 miles

250 miles

290 miles

380 miles

Yb 200 miles

( I believe in Channel Races we should get as birds as possible from Scotland in the one race,, if that means duplication into Nationals so be it.

8 sections in total

All existing from the usual FED set up

Lanarkshire 3 (plus south lads)

Glasgow 2

Ayrshire 3

All convoying with LRPF transport, possibly with another Geraldy if above 7500 birds.

Trophies ������ each section winner and race winner

6 Race average Cup, champion loft

Points Cup

ACE birds Cup

Each race will be sponsored by a local business for prize money

Race controlling will be a 3 way JOINT decision, by the chosen Controller for each Federation

Standard Open pools available every race

£10 loft pool

£5 Section NOM

£5 Open NOM

( all pools will be taxed 10% for running costs, with the birdage we would have no one would grudge)

This would pay for the presentation and Administrative costs.

The Amalgamation would run by a committee of 5 , 1 from each Federation and 1 for admin

They would over see presentations , results etc,,, as all the Feds would be racing on this program , if passed,, so it would be a matter of pools and results they deal with

Who in turn would be paid for his/ her services

All decisions would be made only by these members, who act only on behalf of the Federations.

Results, and updates. On basics,,, website through time.

One yearly sale from the winners of each race plus some top names in the sport.

Presentation Night, FREE,

Shirt & tie,, bring the old days back

The numbers are their to finance this organisation

and then some.

As I say the infrastructure already exists

We would need a majority vote in every Federation prior to race programs being made,, these 6 races would be in everyone's program, after that each Fed to their own.

The Race points would be selected by the committee in Year One, after then we can take it from there.

Any thoughts, changes or opinions welcome.... constructive if possible.

Rough guide to what I think could be what we are all looking for.

90% of the infrastructure is already in place for this,,, it's just a matter of coming together.

Bit of work .....nah ....a lot of work......BUT .....it MIGHT be worth it.....