Breeding Boxes

blue bar

The last ones I was producing were 30" wide, 24" depth and 24" high and fanciers were happy with them. A bit of thought in your design, and you'll be OK. If you want pics to show a couple of my finished products, let me know and I'll organise something. Best of luck. Paul.

Guest johnhunter

Many use Rabbit Hutches with great success. Left outside to the elements as prisoners. Never have myself though.

roland u have pulled another one out of your hat lol

Aye... and works like magic too.

A very famous National winner had twelve in a circle on poles etc. Open loft, but able to trap etc.

This was before the 'Rabbit Hutch' designed lofts, where they are stacked. Of course this also became prevalent in regards 'Pigeon Lunge. This was prior to Keith Mott too.

I smile, often, when folks boo - hoo such ideas with great merit that have proven it works.

Most great things in this supposed sport are 'FREE' at that. Fresh air, clean water etc. Mind neither I, or any one else has been able to stop the pigeon drinking from Puddle, old pots or gutters etc.

Even seen some scrape the GREEN algae of such and put into the birds drinkers.

Guest johnhunter

Aye... and works like magic too.

A very famous National winner had twelve in a circle on poles etc. Open loft, but able to trap etc.

This was before the 'Rabbit Hutch' designed lofts, where they are stacked. Of course this also became prevalent in regards 'Pigeon Lunge. This was prior to Keith Mott too.

I smile, often, when folks boo - hoo such ideas with great merit that have proven it works.

Most great things in this supposed sport are 'FREE' at that. Fresh air, clean water etc. Mind neither I, or any one else has been able to stop the pigeon drinking from Puddle, old pots or gutters etc.

Even seen some scrape the GREEN algae of such and put into the birds drinkers.

or put a nail in the drinker to give them iron lol

Many have done that ... Must be a rusty nail though. Personally I think that is as useless as bubbling the water. If an air bubble / oxalating. If any air / bubble or got into the blood stream it would block it. End of pigeon.

Then then again 'John', if one boo-hoos any thing, then they should summit as to why it wouldn't, couldn't work. Indeed any proven reference even! But to sit on side and spout something they have never tried / or even understand, is spouting garbage at the highest level of ignorance lol. No need for an I.Q. test, it is already been shown lol. :drinking-coffee-200:

Guest johnhunter

Many have done that ... Must be a rusty nail though. Personally I think that is as useless as bubbling the water. If an air bubble / oxalating. If any air / bubble or got into the blood stream it would block it. End of pigeon.

Then then again 'John', if one boo-hoos any thing, then they should summit as to why it wouldn't, couldn't work. Indeed any proven reference even! But to sit on side and spout something they have never tried / or even understand, is spouting garbage at the highest level of ignorance lol. No need for an I.Q. test, it is already been shown lol. :drinking-coffee-200:

I think your air bubbles burst lol

Pics of 2 breeding boxes as a few members requested.

Type A with pull out wire floor ( no wire in pic ! ) and pull out tray.

post-478-15032669643997_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032670588049_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032671415127_thumb.jpg

Type B solid base (deep litter or scrape out)

post-478-15032672555769_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032673007516_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032673319821_thumb.jpg

post-478-150326738239_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032676047842_thumb.jpg

Both boxes were also made with opaque doors, to suit pairs that liked a bit of privacy and quiet.

post-478-1503267020947_thumb.jpg

Pics of 2 breeding boxes as a few members requested.

Type A with pull out wire floor ( no wire in pic ! ) and pull out tray.

post-478-15032669643997_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032670588049_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032671415127_thumb.jpg

Type B solid base (deep litter or scrape out)

post-478-15032672555769_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032673007516_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032673319821_thumb.jpg

post-478-150326738239_thumb.jpg

post-478-15032676047842_thumb.jpg

Both boxes were also made with opaque doors, to suit pairs that liked a bit of privacy and quiet.

can the cocks tread the hens in these boxes